Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Free Tavien Feaster #28
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Free Tavien Feaster #28

Sep 6, 2018, 1:53 PM

Needs to play more this week. I don’t know whether my eyes are playing tricks on me or what, but he looked good Saturday. I think he should get 15 carries per game. The freshman needs more speed training and he will not get caught from behind. Let #28 loose in Aggie land.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the VERY few things I agree w/ Deptula on is

Sep 6, 2018, 2:01 PM

that any time you hand the ball to someone NOT ETN, you are doing the opposing team a favor. I like Feaster but if any touch he gets takes away from ETN getting one then it is a disservice for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the VERY few things I agree w/ Deptula on is

Sep 6, 2018, 2:18 PM

I guess I still haven’t found anything on which to agree with Walt. We have rarely been a one back offense and I think ETN and Feaster have slightly different running styles complimentary to our offense. Now KB should definitely run less than in 2017 (only situational runs or pocket breakdowns). Redshirt Lyn-J and Choice goal line only. Free up ETIENNE and Feaster to carry the rock otherwise. Walt, Please.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turn Walt off, I have!***

Sep 6, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to One of the VERY few things I agree w/ Deptula on is ]

When he learns to block he’ll get more playing time.

Sep 6, 2018, 2:13 PM

Your eyes need to watch him when he doesn’t have the ball sometime...

Re: When he learns to block he’ll get more playing time.

Sep 6, 2018, 2:14 PM

I thought he was still recovering from an injury.

Then he shouldn’t be on the field, at least for plays

Sep 6, 2018, 2:34 PM

that he has to block.

He currently has no physical limitations. He is simply

Sep 6, 2018, 2:42 PM

behind the curve a bit, compared to the other RBs. He was injured over the summer, but released full-go in camp. I don't think blocking has anything to do with it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Even when he does have the ball he’s not convincing to me

Sep 6, 2018, 8:51 PM [ in reply to When he learns to block he’ll get more playing time. ]

He seems tentative and if there’s no hole he’s not gonna fight for those extra two like ETN

Re: Free Tavien Feaster #28

Sep 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

He ran with some real violence last Saturday. It was very nice to finally see.

He ran with "violence" last year. He broke a lot of

Sep 6, 2018, 2:48 PM

arm tackles and ran extremely tough between the tackles. I don't think his limited snaps thus far are due to any glaring weakness on his part, but rather his getting behind due to injury this summer and the fact the the level of competition at rb is extremely high.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He injured his meniscus. Don't want to rush that.

Sep 6, 2018, 2:32 PM

I thought he looked quicker in his limited opportunity Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 4:02 PM

I don't really see him getting more than a couple of snaps because ETN is so good. If you want to limit Choice's touches that would be fine but if it was me I would much rather give Dixon a portion of his snaps to see what he can do. He looked fantastic against Furman (yes I know it was Furman) but he looks like the guy who is going to break out and become a star, not Feaster.

THANK YOU!!!

Sep 6, 2018, 6:08 PM

And I totally agree, what else can this guy do???

Sep 6, 2018, 8:47 PM

Feaster is going to get lost in the dust this season.
ETN and J are going to be the best 1-2 punch in the nation.
Although I would like to see some little screens to Feaster ,let him use his speed .

Sep 6, 2018, 9:53 PM

Feastmode will without a doubt get the second most carries on the team this year.

Tavien Feaster just does not have the quickness

Sep 6, 2018, 8:58 PM

We need. His feet are slower than ETN and JD. it is night and day. Nothing against TF but I was never blown away by his abilities. He was overrated coming out of high school. He is serviceable and maybe all of this will bring out something I have yet to see from him.

Honestly, what does Feaster bring that the others don't?

Sep 6, 2018, 9:49 PM

Or is your desire for him to be "freed" based more on the fact that he was a highly rated recruit from South Carolina, and you want him to be successful?

I like Feaster fine, but I don't think he is as good as Etienne and he might not be as good as Dixon either.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic