Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
White House: "It's not our problem"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

White House: "It's not our problem"

Aug 3, 2018, 2:26 PM

"The Trump administration on Thursday informed a federal judge that it isn't responsible for locating deported parents separated forcibly from their children at the southern border."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/02/deported-parents-children-trump-administration-aclu-721151

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be interesting to see the

Aug 3, 2018, 2:32 PM

mental contortions that Trump supporters will employ to defend this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: White House: "It's not our problem"

Aug 3, 2018, 2:36 PM

Don’t risk your life and pay mules to bring you over and there’s not a problem. The real issue is the human trafficking and sex trafficking that is happening by the mules. Not this ####, which is such a distraction.

There you go. I said it. And I am sober too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tnet libs totally ignore this***

Aug 3, 2018, 2:49 PM

Re: Tnet libs totally ignore this***

Aug 3, 2018, 3:04 PM

I realize what tigermanac says and there is truth to that to an extent. I don't ignore it. They are two separate issues though. It's still absolute bull shyatt that we lose their kids and have no idea how to link them back together. There is no excuse. It's deplorable that anyone can make an excuse.

How do you separate the real problems?

Aug 3, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: White House: "It's not our problem" ]

I suspect your method is to define Trump created problems as not real problems and other problems as real problems.

I remember when people used to argue that prison was so awesome that prisoners wanted to go back after they got out. I always wondered what kind of ###### life someone was escaping by volunteering to go be some Bull Queer's lady friend.

I kind of wonder that about these folks too.

But of course, none of that is your problem, being a Christian at all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: White House: "It's not our problem"

Aug 3, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: White House: "It's not our problem" ]

Don’t risk your life and pay mules to bring you over and there’s not a problem. The real issue is the human trafficking and sex trafficking that is happening by the mules. Not this ####, which is such a distraction.

There you go. I said it. And I am sober too.

I see your point, but I must disagree. See, it's all in how you look at it. Would you be willing to risk your life and subject your children to a trip that grueling in order to be able to feed them?

See? The way you put it, you make it sound like a stupid, illegal thing. But in fact, it's an act of desperation.

Sex trafficking....by whom?

"1,224 Complaints Reveal a Staggering Pattern of Sexual Abuse in Immigration Detention. Half of Those Accused Worked for ICE."

"2 Workers at Arizona Migrant Children Centers Are Charged With Sexual Abuse"

"A worker at a migrant children's detention center arrested for allegedly sexually abusing a 14 year old."

"A 6 year old Girl Was Sexually abused in an Imigrant-Dentention Center"

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/11/immigration-detention-sexual-abuse-ice-dhs/

https://www.newsweek.com/arizona-migrant-childrens-detention-center-worker-arrested-alleged-sexual-1053614

https://www.thenation.com/article/six-year-old-girl-sexually-abused-immigrant-detention-center/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/us/sexual-abuse-arizona-migrant-children.html

Cmon man, that's a massive stretch to act like it's

Aug 4, 2018, 11:53 AM

cross the border or die for most of these people.

Is it a better way of life up here? Of course. Is it swim the river/climb the fence or starve/get killed by rebels/get raped daily? Not for most of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like the number is below 500 families

Aug 3, 2018, 2:37 PM

"The organization estimated that records for 120 parents outside the U.S. — more than one-quarter the total deported without their kids — may lack viable addresses. "

I wish we could cut the traffic deaths in SC each year to a number so large.

That's an odd segue.***

Aug 3, 2018, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So now the left wants to keep ICE?

Aug 3, 2018, 3:46 PM

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find someone when you don't know where they ever lived or even know their real name?

Relax, ICE will get to them eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So now the left wants to keep ICE?

Aug 3, 2018, 3:51 PM

That's simple. You figure that all out before you separate them. That's only complicated because they were shortsighted.

Re: So now the left wants to keep ICE?

Aug 3, 2018, 4:03 PM

But Republicans never have to take responsibility for anything, so that removes the burden of planning.

Or expect them to care enough about their children to...

Aug 3, 2018, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So now the left wants to keep ICE? ]

show up for court at the appropriate time so they can get be reunited with their children?

It sound as if perhaps the gov did make provisions to reunite the parents and children and the parents didn't care enough about their kids to pick them up. How would that make you feel about parents who were separated from their children then just went off to start a new life without them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part of this whole fiasco is the Admin

Aug 3, 2018, 4:00 PM

taking a 'zero tolerance' approach at the border yet having ZERO plan in place to handle the repercussions of that approach, then washing their hands of the fallout from that failure as they are now. It's an abject failure of policy and planning.

MAGA.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part is about to hit the fan

Aug 3, 2018, 4:09 PM

Many of the kids and parents that have been reunited and or released have required pretty extensive medical care due to mistreatment

This is what the ACLU will do about the issue -

https://twitter.com/aclu/status/1024735710782345216?s=21

But I’m sure Trump will tell some story and make it all ok

But the Head Ice Dude In Charge, Matt Albence said

Aug 3, 2018, 4:15 PM

the detention centers were just like summer camps. He musta gone to the shiddiest summer camps ever, as a kid.

Curious...was your opinion on this formed by more than...

Aug 3, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to The worst part is about to hit the fan ]

just the ACLU tweet?

yes I know of cases where paramedics had to be called

Aug 3, 2018, 4:37 PM

And medical care was required

This is from someone I know personally

I picked the ACLU tweet to tie it back to the OP

This is from someone involved in transporting released parents across the country to where their children have been shipped. She has 1st hand knowledge.

https://twitter.com/collazoprojects/status/1025263902312022016?s=21

I now trust this less after seeing Harris involved***

Aug 3, 2018, 6:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The worst part of this whole fiasco is the Admin

Aug 3, 2018, 8:24 PM [ in reply to The worst part of this whole fiasco is the Admin ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Or-expect-them-to-care-enough-about-their-children-to-23810137

Fortunately most of us on TNet have never been that

Aug 4, 2018, 11:18 AM

desperate enough to have to flee our homes in fear of political or domestic abuse and travel a 1000 perilous miles with children for a chance at freedom and a better life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because we're blessed to be born in America.

Aug 5, 2018, 7:02 PM

They are invaders. I don't know if you've kept up with my thoughts on this but I only want to deport criminal illegals. My position is that DACA is in danger, not the kids, the exe order. It's going to be used as a bargaining chip by Trump.

His daughter wouldn't speak to him if he was serious about this and if he did it I would vote for whoever ran against him in 2020 and so would 50-70% of his supporters. I also want to see Congress deal with our immigration policies through laws immutable by anyone other than congress.

We've had a full generation of presidents dealing with something that should be handled by Congress.

I want a path to citizenship for all illegal mexicans if that's the only law they break. It is my belief that all of congress is happy with the illegal crossing and enjoying the cheap labor. The law should make it mandatory that those caught working illegal should be fine the going rate, $10K I believe.

Mostly spot on, but I don't consider the immigrants we're

Aug 5, 2018, 10:18 PM

dealing with from the south invaders. They're not waging war on us. Sure, there may be a few bad seeds here and there, but take a group of 50 of us homegrown and there's 2 crackpots in the mix looking to tear something down and get one over as well. I'm sure it's easier to weed out the bad seeds at the border than it is in any given community at home, which is why this next part doesn't seem rigged.

The whole criminal element that Trump has drumbeat on is pure bogus. US born folk are more likely to commit violent crimes than immigrants. Immigrant crime rate overall is LOWER, save for the illegal crossing, and that's Catch-22 BS. At worst, it's trespassing. If you are here for political or domestic amnesty with your family, let's figure it out from there. That's not criminal. Crossing with other purposes in mind - different story.

We had a chance to pass something very similar to your position in 2013 - a bill driven by McCain and Graham and with a president's blessing, passed with veto-proof votes in the Senate, but derailed by Tea Party handlers in Congress. And lo and behold, it added border security funding, put caps on incoming, administered the process upon the apprehension of immigrants, etc. etc. President = Yes. Senate = Yes. Congress = No. For many Trump supporters, most probably, that "No" was blessed because here we are today with no real laws and their dude in charge.

I think we should keep the kids for medical experiments

Aug 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

like we do with other prisoners

Criminals get separated from their families every day

Aug 4, 2018, 12:02 PM

I guess to some people, foreign criminals are more important than American criminals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Criminals get separated from their families every day

Aug 4, 2018, 2:27 PM

You don't go to jail or get separated from your family over traffic tickets or trespassing.

I see nothing wrong with this. White House shouldn't dochit

Aug 5, 2018, 3:43 PM

The parents put their family in this situation. It's their problem to solve. This government is doing its job to stop this act of unlawfullness.

Now, these illegals should be thankful for the ACLU for executing their charter in their behalf. Albeit, these illegals aren't Americans.

Libs, #### and be happy the ACLU is doing what you want. Instead ofbitching about it, go help the ACLU. Give till it hurts.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

####=ST FU

Aug 5, 2018, 3:44 PM

-Doc

Re: I see nothing wrong with this. White House shouldn't dochit

Aug 5, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to I see nothing wrong with this. White House shouldn't dochit ]

District Judge Dana Sabraw (Republican appointed by Bush)

"The reality is that for every parent who is not located there will be a permanently orphaned child and that is 100 percent the responsibility of the administration."

I get that the parents broke the law. They should be deported. But we took their children, kept the children and deported the parents. That is above and beyond simply separating parents from kids who have been incarcerated.

Sabraw: I don't give a F! what party she supports.

Aug 5, 2018, 4:30 PM

Wrong is wrong. Kids should get the heave-ho, also. Feel better?

-Doc

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic