Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For Tigers in Atlanta, Vote "YES" for the TSPLOST
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

For Tigers in Atlanta, Vote "YES" for the TSPLOST

Jul 31, 2012, 7:43 AM

Not only will it help Atlanta traffic, it will support a lot of Tiger alumni!

Vote YES today!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Jul 31, 2012, 8:59 AM

NO!!!!! This will benefit a very small percentage of the

Jul 31, 2012, 9:01 AM

population but the tax burden will hit us all.

Umm...

Jul 31, 2012, 9:47 AM

The project list is massive.

http://transformmetroatlanta.com/regional-projects/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.......massive, too massive

Jul 31, 2012, 10:03 AM

Very few additions just "traffic improvements" to existing problems. Very nebulous.

Why not identify the most urgent problems, prioritize, then submit smaller, more specific solutions in individual bills?

My concern is that the money will be used in the.....

Jul 31, 2012, 9:02 AM

end for something else and not real road improvements.

exactly...a lot of pet projects around the city to get votes***

Jul 31, 2012, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which the poster seemed to indirectly imply***

Jul 31, 2012, 9:09 AM

exactly....this project is nothing more than a list of

Jul 31, 2012, 9:11 AM

projects put together to scratch each others backs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical ATL "good ole boy network"

Jul 31, 2012, 9:13 AM

Maynard Jackson & co. just picked up where Hartsfield & co. left off in the 70s & have run with it ever since.

I seriously doubt you even looked at the project list.

Jul 31, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to exactly....this project is nothing more than a list of ]

"Pet projects" really only fall under the local discretionary funding, which is 15% of the total. In my part of town, they already announced where that money would be spent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have reviewed the entire list SEVERAL times***

Jul 31, 2012, 2:53 PM

Re: My concern is that the money will be used in the.....

Jul 31, 2012, 9:23 AM [ in reply to My concern is that the money will be used in the..... ]

You don't really think those projects will not happen, do you? They will happen, no matter how you vote. This will just assure that everybody gets to pay for them, rather than just those who own property. JMO, but I had rather everybody share in the payment rather than just those of us who work hard and own things to foot the bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That can't happen.

Jul 31, 2012, 9:48 AM [ in reply to My concern is that the money will be used in the..... ]

"Unlike other state and local taxes, revenues raised from this penny tax can only be spent on the specific project list approved by the Regional Roundtable on October 13, 2011 (85% of the revenue) and on local transportation projects selected by local counties and municipalities (15% of the revenue)."

http://transformmetroatlanta.com/resources/faqs/

Re: For Tigers in Atlanta, Vote "YES" for the TSPLOST

Jul 31, 2012, 9:06 AM

There is so much wasteful spending in this bill! I'm just worried that if we don't go with it that another better alternative won't come around for another 5-10 years.

Look at the history of MARTA funding

Jul 31, 2012, 9:56 AM

There's a reason that no new rail has been added to MARTA in the 20+ years I've been here.

If T-SPLOST fails, there won't be enough common ground to get anything done for decades.

no thanks...already voted no***

Jul 31, 2012, 9:07 AM

NO. Surely you work for the government.

How will it reduce traffic? Simple . . .

by magic

it won't reduce traffic***

So you're saying,

Jul 31, 2012, 9:57 AM

this project list won't help improve traffic...

http://transformmetroatlanta.com/regional-projects/

Have you even looked at the project list?

Jul 31, 2012, 9:49 AM [ in reply to NO. Surely you work for the government. ]

There are MAJOR areas of congestion that will be improved... I-285 at GA-400, I-285W at I-20, I-75 at Windy Hill, etc., etc.

You ATL people crack me up

Jul 31, 2012, 9:14 AM

For some reason ATL people like to live as far as possible from work.

Also, who wants to live in a city with 4 Million other people?

you answered your own question***

Jul 31, 2012, 10:07 AM

No.***

Jul 31, 2012, 9:25 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duh, its got "LOST" right there in its title. Isn't that

Jul 31, 2012, 9:31 AM

enough?

Now if they would put a MARTA stop at the TED I might change my mind.

I LIVE IN ATL....

Jul 31, 2012, 9:32 AM

and I can tell you first hand, that all the money they've taken from the 400 Toll has NOT been put back in to Transportation, like it was SUPPOSED TO!!!
They still continue to take toll money, when it was supposed to end. These dirty POLITITIANS will spend money on PROJECTS that independent studies have shown, won't help traffic!!
Plus we are already OVERTAXED!!! They say they don't have the money and need to tax us?? That's outright BS...just look at all Pet Projects that waist MILLIONS OF TAX payers money.....

Posted earlier

Jul 31, 2012, 9:50 AM

"Unlike other state and local taxes, revenues raised from this penny tax can only be spent on the specific project list approved by the Regional Roundtable on October 13, 2011 (85% of the revenue) and on local transportation projects selected by local counties and municipalities (15% of the revenue)."

http://transformmetroatlanta.com/resources/faqs/

yes -- you can always trust the government***

Jul 31, 2012, 10:09 AM

Re: Posted earlier

Jul 31, 2012, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Posted earlier ]

Just like they promised to remove the 400 toll after it paid for itself? In fact the millions in dollars in overages went to a sweetheart deal to build the catastrophe that is Atlantic Station.

Atlanta will never be a great city until....

Jul 31, 2012, 9:49 AM

it puts in a good subway/metro system. It will take time and it won't help traffic right away (i.e., until you can get to most major areas by marta). Until then, traffic, minimum 1 hour commutes, and more traffic.

T-Splost includes a lot more rail

Jul 31, 2012, 9:52 AM

Including a new line to CDC/Emory

We have a good system. Unfortunately Americans had

Jul 31, 2012, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Atlanta will never be a great city until.... ]

rather drive their cars and sit in traffic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever been to Atlanta?

Jul 31, 2012, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Atlanta will never be a great city until.... ]

Too spread out without natural barriers to build a realistic subway system ala NYC, Boston, DC, etc.

What is happening is many of the surrounding towns are/have become essentially their own communities. People work, live & recreate within these. On the north side Marietta, Dunwoody, Roswell, Alpharetta, etc. have all seen this happen & continue to do so. Compare Alpharetta today with 20 years ago & its a totally different place.

Re: Atlanta will never be a great city until....

Jul 31, 2012, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Atlanta will never be a great city until.... ]

Unfortunately there's not nearly enough support for it. Also, certain counties are blocking the expansion of marta into their county (i.e. Gwinnette) out of fear it will bring crime into their neighborhoods. I guess they're afraid someones going to steal a TV and carry it back to the ghetto on the train.

Nope!

Jul 31, 2012, 9:55 AM

Just voted no.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2012, 10:05 AM

Absolutely not. In no way will it relieve traffic congestion. Did we not learn from what happened with the 400 toll?

Jul 31, 2012, 3:56 PM

Voted YES this morning. It will lose though, not even close. There is a plan "b" out there and it will be an Intown solution. People in the burbs will still be stuck in traffic. Look for higher gas taxes and toll roads. People do not realize you are going to pay one way or another

Jul 31, 2012, 5:04 PM

DONE!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic