Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who claim the ACC drags us down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

For those who claim the ACC drags us down

Nov 4, 2012, 12:34 PM

Clemson and FSU are both Top 10 teams despite schedules that aren't anywhere near comparable to most of the other Top 25 teams.

The ACC "hurting" Clemson is a myth. We only have three teams with winning records on our schedule right now that we have beaten - Ball State, Wake, and Duke - yet we are #8 team in the country.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was the SEC that is dragging us down...

Nov 4, 2012, 12:35 PM

Who would have known Allbarn would have sucked this bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: It was the SEC that is dragging us down...Hey they won

Nov 4, 2012, 12:39 PM

big yesterday. of course w/o the state name in the title I would have no idea who they beat

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia sure is happy about that.***

Nov 4, 2012, 3:24 PM [ in reply to It was the SEC that is dragging us down... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU and SCAR have winning records.***

Nov 4, 2012, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct, but I meant teams that we have beaten

Nov 4, 2012, 1:07 PM

I failed to point that out.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those who claim the ACC drags us down

Nov 4, 2012, 12:41 PM

In the BCS that is not the case. The computers have us barely in the top 25 which makes us have a horrible bcs rank and that is what matters. The ACC is holding us down whether you want to admit it or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is hurting us in the computer polls

Nov 4, 2012, 12:46 PM

And when a possible BCS berth could come down to a .0001 difference in a computer ranking, our schedule might hurt us. That will come into play even more when the 4 team playoff becomes a reality. If we go undefeated, I don't think we will have to worry. It's the future 1 loss seasons where our schedule might kill us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? The BCS has nothing to do with the playoff.

Nov 4, 2012, 1:09 PM

The BCS formula goes away when the playoff arrives, so it won't impact anything.

And with Boise State's loss this week, we are essentially in contention with Oklahoma for the final at-large spot in the BCS.

The only way being in the ACC would hurt us is if we were undefeated. But we're not, so it's moot.

Re: Why? The BCS has nothing to do with the playoff.

Nov 4, 2012, 1:24 PM

The problem will still remain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The BCS currently has Oklahoma ahead of us for the final BCS

Nov 4, 2012, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Why? The BCS has nothing to do with the playoff. ]

spot. Sure, they could take us ahead of OK, but the BCS poll would argue for them ahead of us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Auburn is hurting us in the computer polls***

Nov 4, 2012, 3:45 PM [ in reply to The ACC is hurting us in the computer polls ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wake has a winning record***

Nov 4, 2012, 12:59 PM

this board

Nov 4, 2012, 3:37 PM

Is way too overconfident about playing a BCS top 10 team which has owned you the last 3 years and has the edge on both lines and a coach who has made it known he is not going to run the ball and clock of given the chance.

This is no flame but you might want to wait until you start the suvar bowl talk. 11-1 might gdt you there. 10-2 definitely wont.

you dumb coot, USuC has not owned us

Nov 4, 2012, 4:08 PM

the past 3 years. Most of the games have been close, yes y'all one, but it wasn't a blowout. You mention having an edge on both lines, not sure what you mean, but our offense>your offense by far. I realize we may be shaky at D, but if we score on most possessions as we have been doing I don't see USuC standing a chance, you guys barely beat a horrible TN. team. You can believe your top 10 BCS ranking until we smack you down.

Why are you posting here anyway?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic