Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else here moan loudly...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Anybody else here moan loudly...

Mar 10, 2021, 10:34 AM

while urinating?

Am I the only one here that’s a little ticked that it’s grass cutting season again?

Anyone other than me not really get the point to the movie American Beauty?

Wouldn’t you agree that while you love the food, you’re a little confused as to why people have been naming their restaurants some version of “The Clock” for so many years?

Do y’all know the history of “Clock” restaurants? Are they only named that in Upstate South Carolina? Or are other folks around the state or even country lacking in restaurant naming creativity as well?

Anybody else trying to figure out how this post will end?

It ends here. I have to go pee and moan loudly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on the corner of 123 and S Washington

Mar 10, 2021, 10:39 AM

why is there a Clock drive-in and a Jimmy and Pete's Clock restaurant about 20 yards from each other?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

The best example is 123 and Washington. They are side by

Mar 10, 2021, 10:42 AM

side Clocks.

I heard two brothers could not get along, so they split.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandfather was pretty much the Greek connection

Mar 10, 2021, 10:50 AM

for restaurant equipment for about 30 years. If there was a guy in the restaurant biz in Greenville named Jimmy, George, Spiro, etc, my grandfather had probably sold him something. Tightest knit group of people you've ever seen but once you were in the circle of trust with one or two of them, you were in it with all of them.

Last interaction was a few years ago when the son of the owner of that Clock in your picture tried to keep a meat slicer my 87 year old (at the time) grandfather had loaned him. I called twice, got the run around, and finally just walked in there at lunchtime, went straight to the kitchen and unplugged it and carried it out. Once you're out of the circle, they'll rob you blind and the next generation just turned out to be a bunch of entitled punks compared to the 1st gen parents and grandparents who had gotten the biz off the ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This answers none of my questions. In fact it only creates more.

Mar 10, 2021, 10:55 AM

How did grandpa fall out of the circle? Why was he looking for his meat slicer after so many years? Did he stick his dink in it? If so, why? If not, why not? What do they call “Clock” restaurants in Tennessee?

I will at least answer your TN question. This is a 5 star

Mar 10, 2021, 11:00 AM

reply too, so file it away.

When in eastern TN, their version of the Clock is Pal's restaurants. If you are within reasonable driving distance of one, go there. Best fast food burger and fries you shall ever have, no foolin.

https://palsweb.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Rushes in Cola same thing?

Mar 10, 2021, 11:02 AM

or not Greek owned?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about the ownership, but Pal's gives Rushes

Mar 10, 2021, 11:04 AM

burgers a pimpslap and a wedgie before making them dig their own grave and then peeing on it.

I have never understood the praise for Rushes

Mar 10, 2021, 11:13 AM

and the local Petes/Clock/Palmetto or Carolina Fine Foods in the upstate are not any better, but if you want some onion rings and crinkle cut fries they are awesome.

G, that's enough.

Mar 10, 2021, 11:23 AM

I mean, go in on Rushs. Go ahead. You are wrong and I disagree. So be it.

DON'T BE DRAGGIN PEETS OR TEH CLOCK OR CAROLINE FINE FOODS INTO IT THOUGH.

They've gone all millennial these days anyway.

Mar 10, 2021, 11:25 AM

Hard to even find a chili cheese on their menus.

I really do miss legit Greek hotdog chili. Closest thing

Mar 10, 2021, 11:29 AM

is probably Skyline chili. Around here, it kills me when I order a hotdog with chili or a chili cheeseburger and find that they put @#$@#%@#$@#$ beans in their chili. Maddening.

For good dogs, try Northgate Soda Shop

Mar 12, 2021, 8:07 AM

And you can have a nice sitdown beer "Nextdoor"

Spun shakes and ice cream sundaes too.

You must not clock, padre.

Mar 10, 2021, 1:26 PM [ in reply to They've gone all millennial these days anyway. ]

That chili cheese has been on there for about 60 years.

Oh, they are there. My point was they do so much more

Mar 12, 2021, 7:17 AM

than burgers and fries these days - most are the classic meat and threes, or full meals.

I think what carries the “Clock” restaurants around here these days...

Mar 10, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I have never understood the praise for Rushes ]

Is the meat and threes.

They cook dinner when nobody else wants to. If you are accustomed to cooking your own meals, you won’t touch them. But imagine being single or not knowing how to cook and just wanting a simple hamburger steak with taters and green beans. Most of the “Clocks” have transitioned to some version of this. At least the ones that are packing the place. We still see them as a greasy spoon with fries and onion rings. But about once a month, we try their meat and three. I work with a couple guys who get their dinner from their “Clock” at least 5 days a week. They’re adapting. But not growing in restaurant naming creativity oddly enough.

The difference in name just makes their food seem fresher to me.

Mar 10, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to I will at least answer your TN question. This is a 5 star ]

Probably and hopefully not. At least hope they have the premier Greek onion rings and do half and half.

Different name makes me miss Patrick’s. RIP Patrick’s and their steak fingers and bbq dipping sauce which I could guzzle by the gallon. Pretty much just sugar, water, ketchup, vinegar, and pickle relish... but I just can’t seem to get it right.

Ask 19B. He knows where Partick is these days.***

Mar 10, 2021, 11:06 AM

Better pick.

Mar 10, 2021, 11:00 AM [ in reply to My grandfather was pretty much the Greek connection ]

that is what I think I just said

Mar 10, 2021, 11:07 AM [ in reply to The best example is 123 and Washington. They are side by ]

but yours is better because of picture

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I’ve always heard they were brothers and one decided to branch off after a disagreement.

Mar 10, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to on the corner of 123 and S Washington ]

Probably just a story to sell more chili cheeseburgers.

Much like Adidas and Puma***

Mar 10, 2021, 11:17 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how Washington St

Mar 10, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to on the corner of 123 and S Washington ]

got all the way over there....

Re/ the Petes, the bros got into a greek olive throwing/food fight about 20 yrs ago and split up. Family owned the land and one built a new place...
My Greek buddy told me sumpin like that years ago...

Re: Anybody else here moan loudly...

Mar 10, 2021, 10:40 AM

Moan? No. Exhale in relief? Yes

Call it what you want.

Mar 10, 2021, 10:42 AM

When I’m in the stall beside you, it sounds like moaning. You pervert!

I bought a zero turn for my half acre of grass

Mar 10, 2021, 10:44 AM

maybe a quarter acre, so I am not dreading grass cutting season this year. It only takes me about 10 minutes instead of 2 hours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it took you two hours...

Mar 10, 2021, 10:45 AM

were you cutting it with scissors?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do while vomiting

Mar 10, 2021, 10:46 AM

I vomit once or twice annually. Prob sounds similiar to childbirth.

Sorry, did not read to the end of the page

Mar 10, 2021, 10:51 AM

My responses look like this, let's see if this works

Am I the only one here that’s a little ticked that it’s grass cutting season again?

I am also dreading grass cutting season

Anyone other than me not really get the point to the movie American Beauty?

Seemed pretty weird, but I liked the boobies as a teenager

Wouldn’t you agree that while you love the food, you’re a little confused as to why people have been naming their restaurants some version of “The Clock” for so many years?

Never concerned me

Do y’all know the history of “Clock” restaurants? Are they only named that in Upstate South Carolina? Or are other folks around the state or even country lacking in restaurant naming creativity as well?

No eye deer

Anybody else trying to figure out how this post will end?

I wasn't but I read ahead

It ends here. I have to go pee and moan loudly.

Go for it

Nice job, Champ.

Mar 10, 2021, 10:52 AM

There’s no wrong answers.

Re: Anybody else here moan loudly...

Mar 10, 2021, 2:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdE83FX-Mto

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who is not a doctor.....

Mar 12, 2021, 7:48 AM

You have a urinary tract infection. Or RIP Spots. American Beauty is about a old man wanting to be young again. Duck grass. That's it bruh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic