Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GITT with sport(s) you played in high school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

GITT with sport(s) you played in high school

Feb 1, 2021, 10:04 AM

Me

Basketball (2x state champs)
Baseball
Soccer (was a fall sport then)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football, Baseball, Weightlifting state championship

Feb 1, 2021, 10:05 AM

I lost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Football and basketball 4 years.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale

I was wall ball runner-up champ 3-years straight.

Oh, and played soccer (futbol) and football (football).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball 4 yrs on varsity

Feb 1, 2021, 10:07 AM

1 year track, 2 yrs Cross-Country

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football 4 years, Basketball 2 years

Feb 1, 2021, 10:09 AM

In 2000, led the state in fumble recoveries and DNFs.

Dave Natthews Fand?***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:10 AM

Did Not ####***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Dinks Near Face?***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Football 4 years, Basketball 2 years ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was all over loose balls***

Feb 1, 2021, 11:21 AM

soccer, golf, band***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Hey bawce. Band ain't a sport.***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:22 AM

Neither is soccer***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's commonly said by those not athletic enough to play.

Weightlifting is probably more of just a mirror based activity than a sport. Most probably.

Big difference between being athletic and in shape

Feb 1, 2021, 10:43 AM

for soccer you have to be in shape.. You don't have to be athletic

Lol ok, if that's what you want to think.

Feb 1, 2021, 10:48 AM

What do you have to be to pick up heavy weight, lift, repeat? Just bored? Don't have to be athletic or in shape.

Is bagging groceries and stocking shelves a sport?

Feb 1, 2021, 10:29 AM

The manager timed us and posted fastest and slowest so it was competitive

I worked at least 20 hours a week from 9th grade on. Coach wasn’t paying nobody so I ain’t had time fo dat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Foosball, basketball, tennis, track, golf***

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

You had a foosball team in HS? Did you play singles or dbls?

Feb 1, 2021, 10:38 AM

Cool

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

coed dubs***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:45 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

that's a German table, I think the brand name was Dynamo...

Feb 1, 2021, 12:23 PM [ in reply to You had a foosball team in HS? Did you play singles or dbls? ]

we'd play em, but preferred the French tables, the Rene Pierre. The Dynamo's had hard slick balls unless you brought your own, and you couldn't control the ball... typically just a game of "slap ball". The Rene Pierre balls were cork and you could pass and catch and do all sorts of things. We were so serious we brought our own cans of silicon to spray on the rods...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

For some reason Maryland has golf season in the fall.***

Feb 1, 2021, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Foosball, basketball, tennis, track, golf*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Football x 3 years, Baseball x 2 years

Feb 1, 2021, 10:34 AM

I skipped my Jr. year of football for whatever reason. I regret that. Still played 2 years of Varsity Football and 3 years of Varsity Baseball.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football, baseball, basketball, golf.

Feb 1, 2021, 10:40 AM

Baseball and golf conflicted, so baseball was freshman and senior years only, because last chance to play.

What a great time looking back....

Feb 1, 2021, 10:40 AM

Football - Hickory always killed us in second round of Playoffs
Basketball - see above, beat them my Junior year and then Gastonia killed us.
Track - fun times more than anything
1 season of XC - leading into my senior year just to be ready for basketball season.

Cheerleaders on the same bus as us on the drive home is more memorable that some of the games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golf, Basketball but wrasseled my sr year...

Feb 1, 2021, 10:41 AM

Wrestling had me in the best shape ever, but I weighed 180 and wrestled in the 198 weight class. Didn't do too well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Fortunately in high school you can still get softies in

Feb 1, 2021, 11:06 AM

the upper weight classes because a school needs to fill their roster. Until you run into the genetically gifted giants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golf

Feb 1, 2021, 10:54 AM

and sex. I had a lot of sex with my girlfriend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: GITT with sport(s) you played in high school

Feb 1, 2021, 10:56 AM

Soccer - all 4 years, varsity soph-sen
Wrestling - frosh & jun years, varsity for both. There were a couple guys a lot better than me in the 182 and 195 weight classes that I won out for the heavyweight class my junior year. I was 185, and never had to worry about weight at all that year, it was awesome. Won most of my matches until I went up against a guy in states that was ~240 solid muscle, it was my only tech fall of my career, and I couldn't move my neck for two weeks. Most of the heavyweight class are quite large and squishy. Can't wait for manac to attempt to bring this up as a personal attack in the future, will be good times.
Indoor Track - soph & sen years, I was better at shotput
Track - all 4 years, I still remember the 52 foot throw I had where I slowly fell over the toe board in states, which would've placed me. My track coach still wished I had tried harder at lifting and focusing on shotput, but all I cared about was soccer at the time. Said track coach went to Clemson and was the reason I went and visited and fell in love with it.

I played club soccer, indoor & outdoor, all 4 years as well.

chess and debate***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:57 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see that. I bet it was a ##### getting the basketball

Feb 1, 2021, 11:00 AM

out of the peach basket with the pole

basketball | Definition, History, Rules, Players, & Facts | Britannica

1 yr football - I sucked, 4 years Track - I didn't suck***

Feb 1, 2021, 11:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was on one of the top Math Teams in Los Angeles

Feb 1, 2021, 11:06 AM

I didn't get past middle school with sports

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None***

Feb 1, 2021, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

football with a side of weights and wrastlin

Feb 1, 2021, 11:21 AM

Football - all 4 years (2x state titles); 3 losses in 4 years
Wrestling - made it to state junior year; didn't wrestle senior year b/c college
Weightlifting - made it to state junior year; didn't compete senior year b/c college

Soccer, football, swimming

Feb 1, 2021, 11:29 AM

Ended up quitting travel soccer to play football. Quit swimming to play football/soccer at high school. Rekt my knee Junior year, became a Lakebum that only snow/water skied and wakeboarded.

I think pigeon holing kids into one sport is stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I quit football and baseball for golf

Feb 1, 2021, 11:38 AM

Quit playing golf after sophomore year because I hated our coach.

I know football is in a different season than the other two, but I would have had to miss spring workouts for golf and that didn't fly. Played youth league through sixth grade, then stopped playing football for good.

I regret not playing baseball longer. I was better at it than I was at golf and football combined.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

My travel soccer coach got real salty about me playing

Feb 1, 2021, 11:47 AM

football. Looking back, the only sport I didn't get burned out in was basketball, and that was probably because I never played in an organized setting outside of church basketball. Seems like organized sports are too demanding of people who don't have illusions of becoming a pro athlete.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are many situations, believe it or not, where

Feb 1, 2021, 11:50 AM

the kid enjoys playing a sport so much they want to spend every bit of time doing it. It's on the parent at that point to dial it back in effort to keep balance in the kid's life.

The customers create the market. They ask for more and organized sports has to give it to them.

I was a gifted

Feb 1, 2021, 11:31 AM

toker. Very "anti" everything in HS with the long hair, etc. Straightened up when I hit Clemson and actually had to study.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soccer

Feb 1, 2021, 11:36 AM

6 of us were the first underclass men to make varsity

Never won state and then my best friends brother won it and he still gives us sh!t about it

Our club team won a handful of states

Is blueballs a sport?***

Feb 1, 2021, 11:39 AM

Bonnie, Melanie, Stephanie... and first team all state in

Feb 1, 2021, 11:45 AM

Colombian, Jamaican, Costa Rican, Blonde Lebanese hash, blotter, microdot and foosball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, more serious answer, although the above is true...

Feb 1, 2021, 12:08 PM

played 2 years of Jr Varsity football at Carolina HS. Refused to cut my hair so never played Varsity. I was borderline anyway at 5-9 140... was very fast and played DB, but at that time CHS barely qualified for 4A, which was the highest classification back then. So we'd play the big boys... Hanna, Easley, etc, and get absolutely crushed.

My only claim to fame was a preseason "jamboree" as they called them with multiple schools scrimmaging against each other, and they combined Varsity & JV. 1972, I was a freshman and tried to cover Easley's Stanley "Roadrunner" Morgan a couple times. This was his SR year, right before he became an All American at Tenn and then tore up the NFL for about 15 years. He held the state records for many years in the 100 yd dash and stuff. Blew past me like I was in quicksand...

Other interesting note... our JV team football coach was Louie Golden, who later coached Riverside HS basketball for decades and won state titles. That man had the biggest dink I've ever seen on a human being outside of porrn. He knew it, too. He'd walk up to the urinal next to us and uncoil that bad boy and just grin at us. Damm thing scared me... I thought it was looking at me...

lutz at uncoil***

Feb 1, 2021, 12:52 PM

Football, winter and spring track

Feb 1, 2021, 12:17 PM

I was a lineman but overweight, under-strength. Ate too much, didn't lift enough. Feet too slow to have gone and played anywhere if I wanted to.

Winter and spring track were just to "stay in shape" for football season.

Had I taken any of those even half-serious, I probably could have been not ######.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Football and threw shot and discus.***

Feb 1, 2021, 12:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did in high school pretty much what I have done since then

Feb 1, 2021, 12:25 PM

Completed and attained little to nothing, all while laughing at everyone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GITT with sport(s) you played in high school

Feb 1, 2021, 12:47 PM

Football 2 years
Tennis 4 years
CC 2 years

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 year of JV football.

Feb 1, 2021, 3:03 PM

fairly serious concussion/head injury. early retirement.

I was not very good.

Cutazz at church basketball, though.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

4 yrs varsity football and....

Feb 1, 2021, 3:47 PM

actually lettered in track and field 2 yrs...mainly because they drug a couple of big guys from the football team to throw discus and shotput. We never actually practiced and actually won a few times. Aside from the running part, our track and field effort was pretty poor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic