Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Itinerary for Glendale trip?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Itinerary for Glendale trip?

Dec 1, 2019, 2:57 PM

Since it seems that we will be heading to Arizona if the top three win, does anyone have some ideas of what to do, where to eat, where to fly into...??? We have followed the team to MIA, San Fran, Atl, Nola, etc, but haven’t been to the fiesta bowl. Any ideas would be appreciated...thanks a bunch...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Itinerary for Glendale trip?

Dec 1, 2019, 3:00 PM

Should flights become expensive, Fly into Vegas and drive the 4hrs. I did that in 2015. took 28 family and friends, and chartered three 65-seat tour busses for my TNet friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. What Fever said. We went into Vegas.

Dec 1, 2019, 6:33 PM

Then jumped on one of his charters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 3:06 PM

I also flew into Vegas as flights were much cheaper. Then you can also take in the Hoover ###, Grand Canyon, and Vegas Strip as side bars. My son and I had a great time. It is a long drive back to Vegas after the game if you have an early flight the next day though.

SJT

Dec 1, 2019, 3:09 PM

Southwest to Vegas and back from Phoenix. They're good about not over charging for different legs. National Car Rental used to be very reasonable about picking up a car at one airport and dropping off at another.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flying into Phoenix this time

Dec 1, 2019, 6:28 PM

We have been twice recently. The first time we flew into Phoenix. The second time flights were expensive and to use my Delta companion certificate we flew into San Diego and drove. San Diego was fun and the drive was not too bad. This time we are flying into Phoenix on Friday and heading back Sunday keeping the trip short to have time to prep for the next one. We're not big fans of the city of Phoenix. The stadium is nice though.
We parked at the stadium and tailgated all day both times which was fun. We just bought a couple of cheap chairs, packed a bag cooler in the luggage and picked up food (Raising Cane's first time and Panera the last one). Once we arrived, we scouted out another tailgate with a TV and joined in. Weather was good.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 6:40 PM

I live in Sedona (2 hours north of PHX). The Glendale area is fantastic and they have built 3 new hotels by the stadium since the last time the Tigers played here. Also, there are alot of hotels on Bell Rd in Peoria (about 10 minutes to the stadium). PHX is set up with smaller towns making up Greater PHX. I would recommend staying in Glendale, Peoria, or Happy Valley. You will get to the stadium in less than 20 minutes from any of these locations. Also, I would recommend to eat: Raising Cane's, In n Out Burger, Fired Pie, and any Mexican (it's the real deal in AZ). Also, there's a great bar in Glendale Westgate called Bar Louie. It's a 5 minute walk from the stadium. Also, take a trip up to Sedona. It's 2 hours north (you can make it on your way to the Grand Canyon) and it is magnificent with beautiful Red Rocks. If you go into the Sedona Fudge Shoppe (amazing homemade fudge in Sedona) say Hi to my son, Eli...he works there and is the one wearing the Clemson hat) Also, please note that elevations change alot in AZ. PHX is mostly warm in the winter (only 2000 feet above sea level), but the Grand Canyon at 6,000-8,000 feet above sea level gets very cold in the winter. Bring clothes prepared for that if you decide to go. Hope you have fun and always GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Also suggest the Vegas option

Dec 1, 2019, 7:06 PM

It was a great trip.....few days in vegas...couple of days in AZ. We drove ourselves the 4 hours.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic