Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flying into Dallas on Friday and leaving Houston on Monday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Flying into Dallas on Friday and leaving Houston on Monday

Dec 11, 2018, 9:55 AM

Going to Texans game on Sunday, anyone else planning this?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flying into Dallas on Friday and leaving Houston on Monday

Dec 11, 2018, 10:06 AM

I hate you.

On our drive back from Charlotte, I was listening to XM and they announced the destinations. We already had hotels locked in for both cities, but only had flights booked to Miami, as at the time that seemed like a lock.. As soon as they announced Dallas - I mean the second they announced Dallas, my fiancee is online cancelling the Miami flights and trying to book something to Dallas. "I found RT flights for $350, should I do it?" I told her to hang on - it was still early and I wanted to research before locking anything in. She agreed.. but then maybe 5 mins later tells me "that same flight that was $350, now it's $550".. I told her to definitely hold off, surely we can find something better than that. Another 5 mins and she tells me "now that same flight is $750". At that point, I tell her to book them - she says we have 24 hrs to back out if we find something better. (This is after already losing ~$150 on our Miami flights to a non-refundable insurance.)

Anyway, she starts booking those flights - by the time she has it locked in, our $350 RT flight is now ~$880/PP. Either way, I've got 24 hrs to see if I can find anything better. I look that night and the next morning, but by then flights are over $1k each, so we let the deadline pass and officially are now in for this Dallas trip: fly out on the morning of the 28th, back to CHS on the 30th.

On Tuesday (12/4) or so, I see where someone posted that they are flying into/out of Houston and are also catching the Texans game. I quickly do some checking - I can grab RT flights from CHS to Houston for ~$350 each. GREAT seats at the Texans game are in the $100 range and rental cars are cheap.. For roughly the cost of ONE airfare to Dallas, we could have gotten both flights and some field level tix to the Texans game. It's been a week now and I'm still kicking myself..

so much for "the early bird gets the worm"..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic