Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Shot at ACCN Revenue Estimate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

First Shot at ACCN Revenue Estimate

Aug 27, 2019, 7:18 AM

I'm hearing the ACCN is getting $1 per subscriber in footprint and "about half that" out of footprint. (OK, that out of footprint price sounds a bit high, but we'll go with it for now). Based on that, on 36M people having access now, on 80% of cable subscribers getting ACCN, and on the assumption that ESPN/ACC split the money 50/50, I get this...

12 months/year X (80% X 36M) X (AVG of $1 and $0.50) = $259.2M/year
Half of $259.2M split 16 ways = $8.1M/school/year

Again, that sounds a bit high for year one, so I'm probably off on one or more of my assumptions, but think of this as a "best case" for 2019-20 fiscal year.

Here's a link to ACCFootballRx article if you want to see the details:

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/08/how-much-revenue-will-accn-generate-in.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Shot at ACCN Revenue Estimate

Aug 27, 2019, 7:54 AM

Here's a revision which takes in a few more factors - still "best guess" in a few places, but a bit more conservative:

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/08/revised-est-things-which-could-adjust.html

New estimate for year one is at least $4.1 million per school (could be more).

Wait, if we're jumping through all of these hoops for

Aug 27, 2019, 8:14 AM

only $4.1M in revenue share for Clemson, then eff that noise. The payouts better go up exponentially in years 2-5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wait, if we're jumping through all of these hoops for

Aug 27, 2019, 12:48 PM

The biggest issue is no Comcast yet... when they sign up, the payout will jump.

Re: Wait, if we're jumping through all of these hoops for

Aug 27, 2019, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Wait, if we're jumping through all of these hoops for ]

The blog estimates payouts could double in year 2 and rise further after that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enlightening Article

Aug 27, 2019, 1:45 PM

If that's the way the industry calculates network fees to streamers, then it should allow for a very profitable a la carte menu streamer who could show me a list of 50 networks from which to choose. If I only wanted about 5 channels, I could then get all of what I wanted for about $10/month. It probably won't happen anytime soon, but sooner or later somebody is going to try to launch something like that. The key would be getting the networks to allow it - with them it seems like they want the streamers to be all-in for their entire subscriber list or no go.

Re: Enlightening Article

Aug 27, 2019, 1:51 PM

My inlaws place in Murrels Inlet has a 10 channel ala carte program through whoever is the cable provider down there. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this but the networks are going to fight it big time since they carry a lot of crappy rarely watched networks along with the popular ones they own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enlightening Article

Aug 27, 2019, 2:03 PM

It's probably TW/Spectrum. They are offering the 10 channel choice here in Columbia for about $25/month, but the choices are limited and they don't offer ACCN among the choices.

Clemson deserves half

Aug 27, 2019, 3:39 PM

let the other 12 or 13 teams split the other half

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic