Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My wife jokingly said last night that the Clemson fan base
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

My wife jokingly said last night that the Clemson fan base

Jan 2, 2021, 10:30 AM

would be ready to fire Dabo and his whole staff after the loss. I told her, no, everyone knows what we were before he took over and what we are now.
I think need to go back and tell her I didn't know what I was talking about after reading Tnet this morning.
Enjoy every moment of this great ride Clemson football is on because one day it will come to an end and we will become just another football program. (New England Patriots). This is the greatest run Clemson football has EVER experienced, stop and smell the roses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My wife jokingly said last night that the Clemson fan base

Jan 2, 2021, 10:31 AM

Yep.

We'll be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said***

Jan 2, 2021, 10:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 2, 2021, 10:34 AM

So we will end the season as the third best team in the nation loaded with youngsters at OL and DL, and Secondary. This was somewhat of a rebuilding year. There are over 100 teams out there who would give their first born to finish one season as the 3rd best team just one time.

The price of success can be bittersweet!

Go Tigers.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 10:36 AM

TNet is not a true representation of the Clemson fan base. HTH

Jan 2, 2021, 10:41 AM

Agreed, and Thank God for that.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: My wife jokingly said last night that the Clemson fan base ]

Thank God. Mods really need to clean house

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 10:36 AM

Clemson will be fine. After the Tigers beat down Bama a couple of years ago there were those who thought Saban and Bama were done. Look where they are again. It was a loss...and a bad one, but Clemson isn't going anywhere.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 11:07 AM

Considering the opener next season, took a look at the Dogs two deep. If I saw the correct chart, y'all have everyone back except four on defense. Appears the game will have two more mature teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 2, 2021, 3:43 PM

Should be a good gage for each team.

True about Bama & Saban****

Jan 2, 2021, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: My wife jokingly said last night that the Clemson fan base ]

Jan 2, 2021, 10:37 AM

It just blows my mind, how hard it’s been to attempt to compete with some of the legit programs and we’ve only been doing it for 5 years.

OSU Bama and LSU have been doing this for decades.

LSU is debatable, pre2000=SC program (post2000 peaks & valleys)****

Jan 2, 2021, 4:22 PM

Jan 2, 2021, 10:59 AM

Yeah, we'll be fine. OSU gets a lot of exposure and media but we did give them the worst defeat as we did to Bama. LSU gave a lot of teams that last year. But ppl on tnet tend to forget that we've made the CFP. They've done it less than us. This is the first championship game for them since 2014. I'll gladly take what we've had the last decade over what they've had.

As for longevity, only Bama been doing it consistently. While I think you have posters that go off the rails and post coaches need to be fired , you also have some that get chastised for being negative but actually have some good observations.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet...

Jan 2, 2021, 11:03 AM

I bet if you injected truth serum in all the major college football programs and asked them if they would trade places with Clemson over the past decade, d@mn near everyone would say heck yeah.

Yep...we lost...but my god, look at what we have done.

Go Tigers!

Think you are looking at a couple posts and whitewashing***

Jan 2, 2021, 11:39 AM

Jan 2, 2021, 11:44 AM

Very smart lady! Our great fans get it. Others who post awful things about opposing coaches, our coaches and kids in their late teens and early twenties should stop.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:06 PM

Good season for the Tiger, split games with Notre Dame and finished with the same record as the Irish, while both were beaten soundly in the CFP semi-final. Feeling good!

Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 PM

So true. Look at all the former teams that were unbeatable and now struggle for relevance. Texas, Southern Cal, Penn State, Miami. Even Oklahoma tends to make it to the playoffs but doesn't have the juice to get to the finals. There is nothing permanent about this. We had some weaknesses this year, line both front lines and depth in the secondary.

We’ve definitely become a little spoiled

Jan 2, 2021, 1:38 PM

We lost as many games this year as U of SC won (my neighbors are talking trash and then claim “COVID” for backing out as a dog against UAB

I don’t remember the last time we weren’t in the playoffs

We aren’t hanging our hats on 11 win seasons

We lost hard to bama in a semifinal a couple of years and the next year ended in a Championship trophy being lifted

We all woke up today, we still have our families and good things to look forward to

We are all a little disappointed, but at the end of the day as was already stated, we are on a helluva run and I’m happy to be old enough to see it (I was born 1 month to the day after our first championship)

tnet is full of t urds, idiots and posers, coots and

Jan 2, 2021, 3:39 PM

unfortunately these types always attach to successful people and programs...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 3:48 PM

Anyone who wants any coach we have fired is just mad at the game and doesn’t know their butt form a hole in the ground. I trust Dabo and only when I see us slide to a mediocre team again will I be calling for heads.

Jan 2, 2021, 3:59 PM

DJ5 should use this as the learning year it has been. Soak as much knowledge as you can from Trevor and know that everything is subject to change. Clemson is about the team and making the parts work together. Most former Tigers will be there for you and use them for their knowledge. This year seems to have been truncated and less than successful, but remember that in decades to come you will treasure the fellowships and memories more than the accomplishments. Take it from and old man who misses old teammates.

Fire Dabo?

Jan 2, 2021, 3:50 PM

We need to scoop up Tom Herman and Will Muschamp quickly!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fire Dabo?

Jan 2, 2021, 4:01 PM

Stay in the Granola State, you over medicated miscreant.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic