Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia lawmaker arrested for knocking on Kemp’s door
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1,031

Georgia lawmaker arrested for knocking on Kemp’s door

Apr 3, 2021, 12:06 PM

Faces 2 felony charges and up to 8 years in prison. Maybe we won’t all agree, but state harassment like this isn’t something that should happen in the US.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-lawmaker-arrested-for-knocking-on-gov-kemps-door-calls-possible-8-year-prison-term-unfounded-175102413.html

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I agree

Apr 3, 2021, 12:46 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes I agree

Apr 3, 2021, 4:03 PM

You’re so right, let’s take a look at this dangerous insurrectionist’s actions.

https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/status/1375231966304428046?s=21

Oops, you look ridiculous again.

No, she looks ridiculous. Why is this so hard to understand?

Apr 3, 2021, 6:01 PM

What the #### gave her sorry lying ### the right to ignore barriers that read "GOVERNOR'S STAFF ONLY" and then ignore the lawful requests of state troopers? Why defend this hateful, entitled, loudmouthed #####? #### her. How did things get so twisted around that we are defending garbage like this?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No, she looks ridiculous. Why is this so hard to understand?

Apr 3, 2021, 8:02 PM

How are you defending a potential 8 year prison sentence for a lawmaker knocking on a door? You calling her a “hateful, entitled, loudmouthed #####” says a lot about your motivations.

I also wonder how things have gotten so twisted. I thought most of us wouldn’t support a government that put representatives in jail for knocking on a door to see voting restrictions signed into law. I guess some of us want to see that happen.

8 years is too much she should serve no more that 6 months

Apr 3, 2021, 9:28 PM

to 2 years. Lawmakers should be held to higher standards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She'll never do 8 years or anything close to it. The charges

Apr 4, 2021, 11:47 AM

will be reduced - they're going for the max initially to make a statement.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: She'll never do 8 years or anything close to it. The charges

Apr 4, 2021, 12:19 PM

Thanks for making my argument for me. The statement made by charging her with 2 felonies/8 years of jail time is pretty obvious, don’t fck with the Georgia GOP.

Apr 4, 2021, 4:50 PM

Wrong again. Here's the message: People who believe they are above the law or that the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to them will get it extra hard.

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 4, 2021, 7:03 PM

People who believe they are above the law or that the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to them will get it extra hard.

I guess lady justice isn’t blind.

Apr 4, 2021, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: No, she looks ridiculous. Why is this so hard to understand? ]

You don't know a #### thing about my "motivations". There are, and should be consequenses for people who break rules and laws. Some people, like this horrid #####, think they should get an exemption.

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 4, 2021, 12:10 PM

The fact that you continue to call her a ##### along with other names absolutely reflects what your attitude towards this representative is, and it’s clearly biased. These charges are completely overblown and are such a blatant attempt at retribution for the awful crime of...checks notes...knocking on a door.

Apr 4, 2021, 5:21 PM

My attitude toward this representative is based totaly on her own terrible behavior, which includes ignoring signs that prohibited her from being near the governor's door, then refusing multiple warnings from law enforcement to step away, then having a hollering and screaming fit as she was being carried away and predictibly, understandably arrested. Yet somehow, she is the victim in this? No way, she knew exactly what she was doing, she knows full well what she did was wrong, she is just trying to rationalize and justify it, and is mad because there is some kind of authority over her. And just to be clear, the charges do not include "knocking on a door", which, of course is not a crime unto itself (but you know that already). If, however, a person disrupts the general assembly or a meeting of it's members by repeatedly knocking on a door, or obstructs a law enforcement officer, then they can be charged, as she did, and as she was.

- H. L. Mencken

Wrong again

Apr 4, 2021, 6:54 PM

The arrest warrants show Cannon was charged with “knowingly and intentionally” knocking on Kemp’s door during a bill signing and “stomping” on an officer’s foot three times. And you think 2 felony charges and a possible 8 years prison sentence is justified? The only one doing any rationalization is you.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1375262510312521731?s=21

Gawd you're dense ...

Apr 4, 2021, 9:10 PM

per the warrant you presented she was arressted for "Preventing or Disrupting General Assembly Sessions Or Other Meetings Of Members; etc. (3rd offense)-felony, 16-11-34-1". That's the charge, that's the law that she is charged with breaking. The action that broke the law was ignoring all signs, marching past barriers, and repeatedly trying to disrupt a closed door meeting, despite repeated warnings from law enforcement. The warrant spells it out - her knocking was an attempt to disrupt a session of signing a bill, which is agianst the law. It was a blatant act of disrespect and incivility, which also happens to be illegal, and again, since you are so slow, yes in this case, repeatedly knocking on the governor's door was illegal, as was stomping on policemen, and she was rightfully arrested. And again, she won't get 8 years for this, we all know that.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Gawd you're dense ...

Apr 4, 2021, 9:56 PM

You keep mentioning these signs and barriers, but I have yet to see anything like this mentioned in any of the news I've seen.

The woman is a state representative, I find it hard to believe that she would be blocked from entering a certain part of the Georgia Capitol building because a new law was being signed in a private room. But if you have any evidence that this was the case I'd be happy to read about it.

In that case, the only thing left to charge her for would be knocking on the door. That, and allegedly stomping on the foot of an arresting officer, are the reasons she is being charged. These are also the only reasons listed on the arrest warrant.

I understand the laws that she is alleged to have broken, but I don't think we should be arresting and charging our elected representatives for actions like this. If Marjorie Taylor Greene stood outside the oval office knocking on the door while Biden was signing a bill and was arrested and charged for it, I'd be pretty uncomfortable with that too.

Re: Yes I agree

Apr 3, 2021, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes I agree ]

So a state lawmaker violates state law

Apr 3, 2021, 6:15 PM

And we should forgive it? If this was a R knocking on a D door would you fee the same?

Politicians should be held to a standard of law. Break it and pay the price.

Re: So a state lawmaker violates state law

Apr 3, 2021, 8:07 PM

Yeah I would say a republican knocking on a door to see a controversial bill signed into law shouldn’t face an 8 year prison sentence either.

Reminder that for being convicted of conspiracy against the United States, Paul Manafort was sentenced to 73 months in prison...of course he was pardoned.

Apr 3, 2021, 9:05 PM

Apr 4, 2021, 11:48 AM

Many of the capitol rioters aren’t facing felony charges.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/30/jan-6-capitol-riot-jail-time-478440

I think a better comparison in this instance is when more than 2 dozen Republicans entered a SCIF during a deposition in the impeachment inquiry, only leaving after a 5 hour standoff. They broke laws by bringing in electronics. Guess how many of them were charged with anything?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/23/republicans-crash-secure-room-disrupt-testimony-in-impeachment-probe.html

Fire bomb a police car with molitov cocktails

Apr 4, 2021, 12:11 PM

and ...

https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/lawyers-accused-of-torching-nypd-car-stuck-in-plea-negotiations/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your point?

Apr 4, 2021, 12:15 PM

These people were charged with a felony, and are definitely going to see some jail time. I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

Why is consistency so hard for you guys?

Re: Your point?

Apr 4, 2021, 5:57 PM

muddying the waters , you know, take you off-topic because you have a valid point. Don' bite...you done won this thread.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She totally stormed the capital fellas

Apr 4, 2021, 5:56 PM

sorry, but the score is even now.

capital insurrections

Team Red +1
Team Blue +1

Re: She totally stormed the capital fellas

Apr 5, 2021, 12:03 AM

Dang it team Blue, you're in charge now. Do something useful, like legalizing weed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She totally stormed the capital fellas

Apr 5, 2021, 5:13 AM

I am pretty sure Harris will run on Marijuana Decrim and expunging records when Biden steps down after his first term. She practically said it during the VP debates. And she would win in a landslide, baring something stupid, or if the guy with the R promised the same.

She was grandstanding - trying to get arrested. Now the

Apr 4, 2021, 11:28 PM

other side is grandstanding - she won't go to jail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1,031
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic