Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fields
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Fields

Dec 19, 2019, 7:21 PM

Watching Ohio State play, it seems to me he has a very slow throwing motion. It's like he winds up like a softball pitch (exaggeration obviously). I'm surprised it hasn't led to more INT's, but maybe it's not as slow as it looks...or they haven't played a fast defense yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fields

Dec 19, 2019, 7:28 PM

Justin Fields is good man! He is a world beating Ohio State Buckeye! He can wind up if he wants you see. He plays in the Big 10 which is the 2nd most worshiped conference out there; why nobody knows. So clearly he is outstanding you see. <------- all sarcasm if you could not tell!

I don't know about his "wind up" but he is a good QB when he gets comfortable. Key is making him "uncomfortable"! Make him 2nd guess himself a bit.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields

Dec 19, 2019, 7:32 PM

I didn't mean to make him sound like a bad QB. I think he's good, only 1 interception and from the little I've watched it seems like he's rather accurate too. Just seems like it takes longer than it should for the ball to leave his hand from the start of the throw.

Dec 19, 2019, 7:36 PM

I didn't mean to make him sound like a bad QB. I think he's good, only 1 interception and from the little I've watched it seems like he's rather accurate too. Just seems like it takes longer than it should for the ball to leave his hand from the start of the throw.

I don't think you made him sound like a bad QB. I was just trying to be funny. I think you might be on to something about his release. He had better work on it before the NFL scouts tear his throwing motion apart! But, not before we play them!

Dec 19, 2019, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Fields ]

You've been watching Trevor Lawrence. ;)

Dec 19, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Fields ]

I don't think he is very good at reading coverages and god knows he is gonna see some tricky ones from BV. This will cause him to take a lot of sacks or take off running. If we spy him well and keep him contained, they will not score much. his physical talent is excellent, but i think BV will get in his head - kind of like Tua.

Dec 19, 2019, 7:38 PM

I don't think he is very good at reading coverages and god knows he is gonna see some tricky ones from BV. This will cause him to take a lot of sacks or take off running. If we spy him well and keep him contained, they will not score much. his physical talent is excellent, but i think BV will get in his head - kind of like Tua.

You know it. I anticipate the coverage changing like on each play: initial look, late look then what they actually roll into.

Secondary will have to be disciplined and show some weight room in getting off blocks. They block pretty well down field as a WR group. Especially when Fields takes off and runs.

Dec 19, 2019, 8:30 PM

I sure hope that coach V is reading tnet tonite,

Dec 19, 2019, 10:19 PM

I just forwarded this thread to his in-box! He said thanks to all!

How does a QB have 40 TDs and 1 INT, yet

Dec 19, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Fields ]

still not be good at reading coverages?

Dec 19, 2019, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Fields ]

Justin Fields is good man! He is a world beating Ohio State Buckeye! He can wind up if he wants you see. He plays in the Big 10 which is the 2nd most worshiped conference out there; why nobody knows. So clearly he is outstanding you see. <------- all sarcasm if you could not tell!

I don't know about his "wind up" but he is a good QB when he gets comfortable. Key is making him "uncomfortable"! Make him 2nd guess himself a bit.

Very well said. Fields is clearly a very good quarterback. Unfortunately for him, Brent Venables is scheming to shut him down. I would not want to face a Brent Venables game plan. It's going to be awesome to see!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 8:38 PM

I got flamed because I said he wasn't elite... Good luck if a buckeye reads this haha. But I think the same thing he's good and can run very well but is not about to pick apart a defense with his arm or make throws like Burrow/Trevor. He has an extremely strong supporting cast and they use him very well. I think we leave the game up to his arm and I think that's why we pull away and win this one too but it will be a great game and a long night if we can't contain Dobbins or the scramble.

Dec 19, 2019, 9:03 PM

SethSlyy - my two biggest worries about Ohio State is Dobbins and Fields scrambling abilities on designed "pass plays"! Especially if we are playing man on the back end.

Perhaps we employ the 1997 Carolina Panthers "Zone Blitz" and keep eyes on him, LOL!

ForrestTiger - Coach BV does not need TNET. Just some football heads talking strategy!

Fields is 3rd in QBR.

Dec 19, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Fields ]

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

Re: Fields is 3rd in QBR.

Dec 19, 2019, 10:01 PM

MOD’s!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic