Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fickle Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,103

Fickle Fans

Feb 3, 2020, 7:17 AM

When we beat Syracuse this board was filled with praises for BB on adjustments etc. When we lose at WF the board reverts to criticism. I guess BB forgot things he learned in a few days. The fact is we have no player that is consistent in making shots. Missing open shots and lay-ups are not the fault of any Coach. We have have no real "GO TO" guy that is consistent. That should change next year if these 2 recruits are as good as advertised. I don't want to risk losing them by firing a Coach that quite frankly no one thought going into this year was going to be good anyway. The fact is simply if we shoot well on any given night we can be anyone. If we don't shoot well we can ( and will) lose to anyone. This is not rocket science. And the bottom line is WHO is a better Coach that would come to Clemson and STAY anyway ? No ONE !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fickle Fans

Feb 3, 2020, 8:07 AM

OK, who brought in those players? It's ultimately his responsibility. I agree with you on the incoming class. Let's ride this year out and see what next year brings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Bottom line is BB is what he is...

Feb 3, 2020, 8:13 AM

just an average coach who can get us to the tourney once every 4 years but always keeps us competitive. I dont see that changing in the next 10 years. We may hit a stretch run or two but he's not a great recruiter and we are almost always in the same position season after season.

Regardless of how the season ends, if the athletic administration is committed to basketball succeeding at a high level then they should probably move on from BB in the near future. However, the Clemson fan base as a whole really doesn't care about basketball and is happy as long as football is doing what it does. No one is going to call for DRad's head if Brownell remains here another 10 years. I am more apathetic to our basketball program now than I've ever been in my life. If we win...awesome, Im proud and lets go get another...if we lose...meh, not going to change my mood any.

I disagree that the fanbase doesn't care.

Feb 3, 2020, 9:08 AM

It's been shown we care. I think right now though, a majority of folks are tired of watching groundhog day. Something needs to change.

Feb 3, 2020, 8:15 AM

We are worse than people think. We will finish under .500 on the season.

Feb 3, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 3, 2020, 8:45 AM

Sorry bob. We just are. We should be under .500 now. That UNC win was just a coaching error. Heck, we lose to Cuse without their foul trouble. Its just reality. We cant play inside and we are being D'd up well on the perimeter now. We will be much better next year imo. This year, not looking good overall the rest of the way.

Feb 3, 2020, 8:42 AM

I thought this could be a Luke Fickle post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So to sum up your post, if we make baskets and score a lot

Feb 3, 2020, 8:51 AM

of points we can win games, but if we miss baskets and don't score a lot of points we can lose games. That's some brilliant insight there.

Hey while you're sharing your vast knowledge, can you please explain to me what CBB's game plan was against Wake's matchup zone? Because those offensive sets were flat out lazy. CBB used the high post and low post so well against Cuse's 2-3, but against Wake our guys seemed to stand outside with very little movement while Simms would rotate inside. Why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So to sum up your post, if we make baskets and score a lot

Feb 3, 2020, 11:08 AM

GWPTiger® said:

of points we can win games, but if we miss baskets and don't score a lot of points we can lose games. That's some brilliant insight there.

Hey while you're sharing your vast knowledge, can you please explain to me what CBB's game plan was against Wake's matchup zone? Because those offensive sets were flat out lazy. CBB used the high post and low post so well against Cuse's 2-3, but against Wake our guys seemed to stand outside with very little movement while Simms would rotate inside. Why?

That's not what he's saying. What he's saying is that our fans seem to over-react to a loss and also over-react to a big win.

Did you happen to see how many open shots that we missed? We missed a ton of open 3's.

Their zone was completely different than Syracuse's. For one, Wake has a 7 ft NBA guy sitting in the middle. Did you see that Simms missed at least 3 open shots in the key at the beginning of the game?

When a guy goes for 30+ one game and then 3 the next game, does that reflect on the coach, or the inconsistency of the player?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand it was a different zone

Feb 3, 2020, 12:31 PM

but I think the answer to your last question is "it depends." Against Cuse Mack took 17 shots. 4 of those were 3s. Against Wake he took 9 shots, 4 of which were 3s. So he took 8 less shots with the same number of 3 point attempts. Was that due to the game plan or inconsistency?

As a team, yes a lot of open 3s were missed, but we took less 3s than we take on average for the season. And Sarr might be 7'0" but when that zone moves to a match-up, why not try to clear him away from the rim? That's not an argument, it's a serious question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You're assuming the same fan is switching his comments

Feb 3, 2020, 9:02 AM

That kind of defeats your whole premise.

Well...we have a fickle team.***

Feb 3, 2020, 9:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is a strange analysis of the reactions...

Feb 3, 2020, 9:22 AM

post-Syracuse and post-WF

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Games turn into seasons, seasons turn into careers.

Feb 3, 2020, 9:42 AM

And this one is subpar.

Feb 3, 2020, 10:49 AM

It is the only net blowhards that you are in a tizzy over. You could in see Brad's interviews in December that he knows exactly what is the entire deal. He is playing with house money this year. He was exactly on point for what this team is with such a calm demeanor, then. At the time it looked way worse but he knew his situation wasn't dire and it showed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 12:35 PM

Can a fan base really be fickle after 10 years of the same BS? You probably read shocked responses after Syracuse, Duke and UNC. You read the typical post basketball game posts over the last ten years after we lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fickle???

Feb 3, 2020, 12:55 PM

I’ve been faithfully following Clemson basketball for 30 years. Clemson basketball is capable of more than they are delivering under Brownell. He has worn out his welcome and fans like me are ready to move on, it’s not being “fickle” it’s being “fed up”

And anyone who blames the players for the poor performance is just doesn’t get it, just imagine if one game our wide receivers were catching passes and then dropping them in the next game? would we give Dabo a pass? I think not

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,103
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic