Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I fear this day is coming...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

I fear this day is coming...

Aug 28, 2019, 10:02 AM

How long before the University sells the naming rights to Memorial Stadium to Corporate America and Death Valley becomes known as Spinx Stadium at Frank Howard Field? With America being so offended by everything and anything, how long before someone complains that "Death Valley" insinuates violence?

Video boards replacing the Paw on the outside of the stadium for more advertising and it appears it is just a matter of time.

I fear the day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

I'd prefer QuickTrip Stadium***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'd prefer QuickTrip Stadium***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:06 AM

I prefer QT too, but I believe one of the founders of QT is a Georgia alum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

So, we could go with Hooters Stadium then?***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

heh heh

Aug 28, 2019, 10:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Boy, talk about triggered individuals.***

Aug 28, 2019, 11:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Boy, talk about triggered individuals.***

Aug 28, 2019, 11:45 AM

TRIGGERED?

LOL, hardly.

Apparently someone was. I guess

Aug 28, 2019, 1:05 PM

Bernie or Beto O'Dork made a pass through on this thread to TD me. :D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Unless Twisted Kilt is available***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to So, we could go with Hooters Stadium then?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they have a Clemson connection?***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm sure...

Aug 28, 2019, 11:00 AM

a few Clemson co-eds have either worked there or are currently working there.

No, then you would have to have two stadiums. If you

Aug 28, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to So, we could go with Hooters Stadium then?*** ]

had ever seen the movie "Everything you always wanted to know about Sex", you would know those things come in pairs. :) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd prefer QuickTrip Stadium*** ]

Stewart Spinx is a former Tennessee football player and graduate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 5:56 PM

Stewart Spinx is a former Tennessee football player and graduate.

I did not know that. Explains the trashiness in his stores.

Aug 28, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I'd prefer QuickTrip Stadium*** ]

I'm with BigCUFan … QT!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as we are still raising money like we are now

Aug 28, 2019, 10:06 AM

I don’t see it happening

You never know what could happen in the future but I don’t think it’s necessary at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as we are still raising money like we are now

Aug 28, 2019, 10:09 AM

I don’t see it happening

You never know what could happen in the future but I don’t think it’s necessary at this point.

Unfortunately, greed usually wins out.

as long as they bring those chicken biscuits

Aug 28, 2019, 10:11 AM

let's do this

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It might happen

Aug 28, 2019, 10:31 AM

We would stand to make more money than we are off of the ACC Network

Now that was one heckuva deal that old John Swofford put together. We are raking in the dough from that

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the worst would be Tyson chicken. That would be a huge misteak***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Hooters Holler ... got a country ring to it.***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Euthanasia Valley?***

Aug 28, 2019, 11:01 AM

I don't ever see it happening, but if it did, there is only

Aug 28, 2019, 11:10 AM

one possible name. Prudential Stadium. "Get a Piece of the Rock!"

I still say we should have tortured that kid until he coughed up the piece of Howard's Rock he stole a few years back. Some things supercede the Constitution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Jail or cough up the piece of rock. !!!!***

Aug 28, 2019, 11:52 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not jail - BuzzPaw***

Aug 28, 2019, 1:04 PM

Dippin' Dots Upper Deck and Domino's Pizza Lower Deck

Aug 28, 2019, 11:44 AM

with Smokin' Pig WestZone at Tom Winkopp Stadium

Re: I fear this day is coming...

Aug 28, 2019, 12:40 PM

It will never happen. Memorial Stadium is named in honor of Clemson’s war dead. The pathway leading from the stadium goes to the Scroll of Honor. It will always remain Memorial Stadium.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Krispey Kreme Stadium would be just fine***

Aug 28, 2019, 1:08 PM

Clemson

I like it

Aug 28, 2019, 1:11 PM

They can advertise and put the Paw on the screen,offsets the mony lost just having the Paw on the backdrop behind Swinney, when he's speaking.THE only P5 school doing that.

I hope Doug Kingsmore doesn’t have enough money.***

Aug 28, 2019, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 2:40 PM

Rutgers just sold their naming rights stating in 2020 to SHI International. It’s going to be SHI Stadium. How long before someone adds a “T”?

Aug 28, 2019, 3:12 PM

I could not care less who might be offended by "Death Valley" - should the day ever come. It's Memorial Stadium anyway, so if they ever chose not to honor the war dead and call it something else - I'd have to permanently sign off as a Clemson fan/supporter. Never happen.

The one I can't believe is STILL getting away with murder in the "PC World" is FSU. How are they still allowing a fake Indian (Chief Oseola) to ride out on a painted horse - flaming spear & a war-painted face - while a stadium full of non-Indians do a fake war chant and a "tomahawk chop?" I mean, it's okay with me, but where's the phony PC outrage about all that?

Just proves that "PC outrage" is totally fake, highly selective/subjective and is only used for political expediency. Otherwise, they'd have burned Doak-Campbell to the ground years ago.

There was outrage from outsiders, but the Tribe approves

Aug 28, 2019, 10:29 PM

of its use and is proud of it, so everybody shut up about it.

Be cool if it was a local sponsor like "Tex's Tire Stadium"

Aug 28, 2019, 3:30 PM

or Boots and Sonny's Death Valley; Pete's Fine Foods Stadium; Jockey Lot - Death Valley has a nice ring to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2019, 3:32 PM

Well... if it helps belay your concerns, I'm and Aggie and am not triggered.... ;)

Aug 28, 2019, 3:47 PM

it was a simple concern I had. Not triggered just made a simple post. I never said I hope it happens or I know it will happen, I simply said, "I fear it may happen."

You would have thought I was asking for a name change to the stadium and wanted it to be "Feel the Bern Field, Sanders 2020."

I obviously never want the name changed, ever!

Aug 28, 2019, 7:03 PM

Haha yea, we have the same sentiment at A&M. The idea that Kyle Field may be commercially named has floated around for some time. I think our powers that be know there will be a full on revolt among the big money Ags should that happen.

I hope that one day it or something as significant

Aug 28, 2019, 5:04 PM

would be named the Dabo Swinney xyz. I mean, he's on his way to being the most influential person the university has ever known. We are so blessed.

The Esso Club Stadium..

Aug 28, 2019, 10:23 PM

works for me.

No, not coming but kinda like Smoking Pig Stafium.***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic