Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN: How can offsides on kickoff not be reviewable?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

ESPN: How can offsides on kickoff not be reviewable?

Dec 7, 2015, 9:34 AM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14310967

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because targeting can't either when it's not called?***

Dec 7, 2015, 9:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because camera angles can be misleading. the ref is in the

Dec 7, 2015, 9:37 AM

perfect position to make the call looking right down the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: because camera angles can be misleading. the ref is in the

Dec 7, 2015, 9:44 AM

And given the officiating for the rest of the game, can anyone question that if there was any doubt in the HeadLinesman's mind, he would not have made the call? I might have seen a worse (more one-sided) officiated game in the 60+ years I've been watching, but I doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please.

Dec 7, 2015, 9:38 AM

600 yards offense
98 offensive plays.. NINETY EIGHT!!
30 first downs
40min to 20min time of possession
45-37

Tarholes had their chance to stop us and failed. The game is not won or lost on 1 play. Add in a bogus ejection for targeting that effected our D for 2.5 quarters, and anyone who still feels indignant about 1 play can #### off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Number 1, baby.

Dec 7, 2015, 9:39 AM

13-0

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, review it and then find the illegal formation.

Dec 7, 2015, 9:41 AM

Suck on that, tarholes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Ok, review it and then find the illegal formation.

Dec 7, 2015, 9:42 AM

..and the targeting...

Re: ESPN: How can offsides on kickoff not be reviewable?

Dec 7, 2015, 9:41 AM

Keep doubting. After 2 more games you clowns won't be able to say anything but Clemson is your National Champs! Suck it beotches at ESPN!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn. 13-0.

Dec 7, 2015, 10:01 AM

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 10:11 AM
Offsides.jpg(100.7 K)

Looks a little different from this angle. He could have had his head across before the kick

He is CLEARLY guilty of one infraction at least

Dec 7, 2015, 10:14 AM

Wearing argyle while playing football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Re: He is CLEARLY guilty of one infraction at least

Dec 7, 2015, 10:26 AM

Yall remember that one bad judgement call against Wofford during the first game of the year? No? Me neither. Point is, not everything will be caught and everything caught may not be right. We won. There was, and I'm sure it's been discussed, a huge blatant targeting hit during the kick that was missed. Mark Fields was clocked and I'm glad he wasn't injured.

Also, the tareting on TJ was crap. Switzer almost dropped the ball and had to make a sudden downward movement to control the ball. It was that that caused the head to head hit. Green went low to tackle him. I'm willing to venture that had Green stayed in the game UNC may not have scored 1 or 2 of their last toucdowns. Then the onside kick probably doesn't even happen.

Lastly, guys we played a good, but sloppy game. As Dabo said a few weeks ago, "if we play a complete game and not lose the turnover margin, it will be scary." I know it is part of the game, but take away the dropped passes, Teasdale thinking he is CJ Spiller 2.0, and some of the other mental mistakes, not going for it on 4th and 3 earlier in the game and missing a 47 yard FG and we would have beaten UNC probably about 59-21. The good thing is this we don't need wouldve, could've, and should'ves to win this game. It seems to me that we play up and down to our competition. Give us 3 weeks to rest and let's see what we got.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is CLEARLY guilty of one infraction at least

Dec 7, 2015, 10:30 AM

wasn't Mark Fields that was hit, it was Zac Brooks (#24).
https://vine.co/v/i7bhFWAeUWY

Fields is 24, also.***

Dec 7, 2015, 10:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: How can offsides on kickoff not be reviewable? ]

His left hand would have been first...

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic