Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN / Disney will have the SECHeat programming after
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,780

ESPN / Disney will have the SECHeat programming after

Dec 11, 2020, 8:16 AM

2024? So, they are trying to do like Facebook, and snuff out all competition. And, when OR BEFORE they do, the inevitable price hikes will come. We Amuricans love our sports, especially college football in the South, which is like an organized religion. They will have us all on the hook, and we will pay through the nose, even moreso than now. It's coming.

I still remember my dad's comment when the first huge satellite dishes came out, with pay TV.

"Man, who in Heyull is going to pay MONEY to watch TV, when there are THREE channels you can watch for free?" (For you young'ins, ,there was no FOX Network back then, only ABC, NBC, and CBS. PBS didn't count, since they were on that UHF wavelength that nobody's normal antenna picked up.)

How sad I am that dad was totally wrong about that. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you need to hope for with espn, and it's a dream of

Dec 11, 2020, 8:26 AM

mine, is that they go bankrupt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really believe that's a "be careful what you wish for"

Dec 11, 2020, 9:20 AM

scenario. If you believe live sports coverage will be better without ESPN i think you are sadly mistaken.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father said the same thing about satellite radio

Dec 11, 2020, 8:28 AM

Why in the world would anyone spend their hard earned money to listen to the radio when there are dozens of stations that are totally free.

Of course, the ONLY THING he ever listened to on the radio was Paul Harvey.

An now you know the rest of the story !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yeah - I'm old enough to have said that about bottled water

Dec 11, 2020, 8:48 AM

People are going to pay $1 for a bottle of (free) water? C'mon man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$1.00 a bottle !?!?!?!

Dec 11, 2020, 9:08 AM

The last time I was at Disney World, I believe it was $8.00 per bottle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm talking 1980's dollars.***

Dec 11, 2020, 10:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I'm just getting old, but

Dec 11, 2020, 1:11 PM

I don't really remember a lot of bottled water being around in the 80's. I remember Perrier and Evian as well as a few others, but most of them were sparkling bubbling water as opposed to flat water.

Brands like Aquafina and Dasani didn't hit the market until the mid 90's.

We lived in Myrtle Beach from 1962-1965.

Dec 11, 2020, 9:14 AM

The only stations you could get were from Florence, Charleston, and Wilmington. These were not dependable. We paid 5.00 per month for cable to make sure we could even get them and the three networks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$5 a month for cable? What a ripoff!

Dec 11, 2020, 9:45 AM

:)

I read your title as SEC Heat. Would SECheat work better?***

Dec 11, 2020, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,780
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic