Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are some good stocks to start my Grandsons on?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

What are some good stocks to start my Grandsons on?

Jan 26, 2021, 8:04 PM

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are some good stocks to start my Grandsons on?

Jan 26, 2021, 8:06 PM

Medical Marijuana stocks are can't miss, mine tripled last year, bought at 9, up to 30 now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:44 PM

Thats funny because I bought a bunch of cannibas stock and it took a dive but recently its been soaring. I forget name but just remember tickers but one of my best is a Pet and animal CBD company that creates all kinds of different health oils.

To the OP, I have done well on watching companies that specializes in delivery of online orders. I actually have a drone company that has gone up 654% in 8mos. Only problem is I didn't buy enough originally. I bought more in October and that has doubled already. But online shipping handlers have done very well last couple years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 9:34 PM

I guess I got in at the right time, bought truelieve stock, keeps skyrocketing. no end in sight.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 5:51 AM [ in reply to Re: What are some good stocks to start my Grandsons on? ]

The odd thing about marijuana stocks is you buy and sell high!

Jan 26, 2021, 8:07 PM

Depending on what you expect in terms of gains. Duke Power and Dominion Energy is good solid stock that return 4.35 - 4.75 year in and year out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:15 PM

I work for BMW we use a lot of sensors to track our cars with ...these sensors are made by a company Called Zebra check them out i think you will
enjoy..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:17 PM

Great question Doorman. How old are they, and do you have any restrictions such as Buy American? I would recommend you look into starting a 529 Plan for them to pay for their college tuition one day, help them learn about investing and compounding, grow the funds tax free, and provide you with a tax break.

How aggressive do you want be? Good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:18 PM

chicken and beef stocks are always good.very versatile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apple, Amazon, google, nvidia, wix, meli

Jan 26, 2021, 8:19 PM

Plug has been insane as has Tesla

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:20 PM

VOO it is a broad scope ETF that is made up of companies that make up the S&P500. It essentially tracks the stock market.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:22 PM

VOO is not a bad choice either...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:21 PM

Buy VTV etf. Will pay dividends that can be reinvested

Jan 26, 2021, 8:37 PM

https://grow.acorns.com/easy-ways-to-teach-kids-about-the-stock-market/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I always say plastics is the wave of the future ...

Jan 26, 2021, 8:40 PM

word

Buy a chunk of O and reinvest the dividends

Jan 26, 2021, 9:11 PM

I have been in and out of GME the last few trading days. Up a bunch today.

I wouldn’t recommend it for a beginner. Super volatile because of short position ~140% of float

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Buy a chunk of O and reinvest the dividends

Jan 27, 2021, 12:41 AM

Holding mine until friday, waiting on it to blow up completely before bailing.

I bailed today @ $330

Jan 27, 2021, 1:37 PM

I know there’s still a big short interest, not sure it’s gonna spike like VW gamma squeeze

Jan 26, 2021, 9:31 PM

Duke Energy and Southern Co.

Jan 26, 2021, 9:57 PM

Thanks Y'all. Looking to start something that I can learn more about and hand over to them. So maybe I can help them learn about the stock market so they will have a good foundation and grow from there. I had always done the 401k myself so doing it on my own is new to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 9:57 PM

Texas Instruments
Eli Lilly
Pfizer

Teach them about covered calls, especially leaps. Good way to and 2-4% and still take advantage of dividends.

Jan 26, 2021, 10:19 PM

Since all brokers and financial planners rate themselves vs the s&p 500, it seems to me sensible to buy a s&p 500 index fund. Then you can say you performed the same as their be benchmark.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Telsa, Roku and Microsoft

Jan 26, 2021, 10:58 PM

are doing well for me.

I believe index funds are always safe bets over the long term.

Jan 26, 2021, 11:05 PM

Something like the QQQ or S&P 500.

As far as individual stocks, I don’t think Amazon or Costco are going to slow down anytime soon.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 27, 2021, 1:03 AM

Index fund and hold

Jan 27, 2021, 2:20 AM

I would by at least 500,000 of whole life insurance on your grandson. Especially if he is an infant. The price will never change. If you are able make an annual premium. It’s a great investment and long term will benefit your grandson. I pray he never has to file against it at least until he is 80 plus years old.

The reason I am making this suggestion is because you never know when your grandson may develop a chronic illness that is not life threatening but it could affect his inability.

When my kids turned 14 days old I purchased $250,000 worth or whole life for $250 per year. They are covered for God forbid in case of death. It has also accumulated several thousand dollars. Plus every few years regardless of health I believe you can purchase additional insurance. I pay the premium’s annually. It’s a great savings/ investment for young kids. Makes the accrued money hard to get to. If they borrow from the policy when they go to college when they pay it back they are basically paying themselves.

My son got some quotes for less coverage and the monthly premium was more than the annual premium on the policies I bought 30 and 28 years ago.

I have a great Insurance agent. Send me a T-Mail if you want his contact information. I went with a life and health agent because I believe they represent excellent insurance companies. You can go through State Farm etc.. but they are mainly property - casual companies.

My Grandfather was a wise man. I wise I had listened to him more often. But one piece of advice he gave me I passed onto my kids. “ When you get paid give God his tithe, then pay yourself through savings and investments, then pay your bills on time. Just because you may have excess money you don’t have to spend it. Consider more investments. Enjoy life but not beyond your means. Put God, Family then work in that order. “ ( Best advice he ever gave me )

Best of luck to you and your grandson , Sir. And Best of luck and May God Bless all of you on Tigernet as well as The Clemson Family.

Jan 27, 2021, 4:08 PM

Sorry but this is terrible advice. You do not need life insurance on children. Please read some articles about the much better ways to invest money for your grandson's future.

There are some logical reasons to have ife insurance on

Jan 30, 2021, 6:15 AM

children! One...they may not be insurable later, and a small policy when they are young can be converted into a much larger policy later, without proof of insurability!

Jan 27, 2021, 6:07 AM

Just start him an IRA and get him on an Index Fund broad investment. There is no question that that is not the way to go. This is who gave me the advice. It's a no brainer over the long haul. Take all of the gambling out of it and you will do better over the long haul anyway with an index fund.

https://www.morganstanley.com/press-releases/morgan-stanley-hires-ashok-nayyar-for-leveraged-and-acquisition-finance_3734

Jan 27, 2021, 6:43 AM

Had you asked earlier this month I'd have suggested Gamestop...#Gamestonk

If you want a rock solid stock with steady growth, hard

Jan 27, 2021, 8:36 AM

to beat Lockheed Martin. Major defense contractors don't go away just because a different party is in the White House.

Jan 27, 2021, 8:44 AM

I was lucky to have bought a few fruit stocks at $12 - apples

null

consider precious metals - specifically...

Jan 27, 2021, 9:10 AM

the .223, .556, .270, .308 and 30.06 variety -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have checked everywhere

Jan 27, 2021, 9:13 PM

can’t find those

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are very precious metals indeed!

Jan 31, 2021, 9:38 AM [ in reply to consider precious metals - specifically... ]

:)

Jan 27, 2021, 1:11 PM

Gamestop would have been a good one about 5 days ago.

AMC, BB and EXPR will follow similar paths as Retail traders look to take down the suits on Wall street.

OH, you mean long term. Can go wrong with getting in with Apple, Tesla and Microsoft right now. Anything related to AI is gonna be huge in the future.

Also, I would highly recommend following Lucid, electric vehicle coming out this year. They have the original engineer and designer of the first Tesla. Further, their batteries (517) on their first model the Lucid Air, will last longer than the Tesla S (402 miles). Looks like a merge with CCIV (Churchill Capital) is imminent. Expect the stock price to soar. Of course, if they go public, it'll be one to get in early on.

https://www.lucidmotors.com/air/

Jan 27, 2021, 7:35 PM

WOW. Thank Y'all again. Y'all gave me a lot of homework but a least I have a lot of advice for things to look into.

DrKoop.com is a good one to start with***

Jan 27, 2021, 9:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WCOM worldcom I’ll sell you some certificates for

Jan 27, 2021, 9:26 PM

the cost of the frames they’re hanging in on the wall to remind me to invest in real estate except for mutual funds. But that’s cool you’re doing that for your grandkids.

Jan 30, 2021, 6:18 AM

You don’t need to start them on stocks at all. You need to get them a life insurance policy and you need to lear the Infinite Banking concept. The money is not tied to the market, and it is NEVER at risk. There’s no financial tool on the planet that can match it.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic