Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Double standard that I don't get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Double standard that I don't get

Mar 7, 2019, 9:14 AM

If we were talking about Football and Clemson were ranked #4/#5 the week before selection, there would be 100 posts on here about why the 3/4 teams in front of them suck out loud.

In basketball, we get people posting here and calling into the radio saying we don't belong in the tournament. I just don't get it.

Be happy that we have a legit shot and are sitting squarely IN the tournament at this point.

Since the tournament began in 1939 (yes I know there has been expansion), Clemson has been in it 12 times... 12 times!!! This isn't something we can or will do EVERY year so I'm not sure if your expectation is that we SHOULD or not, but even if it is just be happy that we are likely to make the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sirius qwestion....Do you watch the games?

Mar 7, 2019, 9:37 AM

Agreed...and if you look at other "bubble" teams....

Mar 7, 2019, 9:44 AM

It's not like they are worlds better....especially this year.
There are 68 teams....they have to fill it somehow!
If we get selected to the NCAA tourney, that is worthy of celebration.
I don't miss the Shyatt years of being on the NIT bubble or worse, that's for sure.
But we still have work to do. Need to win the next two.

this is true

Mar 7, 2019, 9:51 AM

Ohio State is apparently in even though they are 8-11 in the Big Ten. Coming off of a 35 point loss to Purdue and 18 point loss to a bad Northwestern team

Yeah...I read the bubble article this morning and was....

Mar 7, 2019, 10:05 AM

amazed at who was in there. Indiana is 15-14 (6-12 in Big Ten).....and are a bubble team. They have some big wins....and seem to have Michigan State's number. But it seems silly that they would get in, short of a big run in the Big10 tournament. I mean, they barely qualify for the NIT at this point.

Re: Double standard that I don't get

Mar 7, 2019, 10:06 AM

I get what you are saying, but a better comparison would be if our basketball team was competing for a #1 seed in the tournament.

You would absolutely hear Clemson people calling in and saying that we are better than the other teams and that we should get the #1 seed.

Trying to be #4 is much different than trying to be #40.

Right now the comparison would be our football team trying to get a low tier bowl game instead of somebody else.

I'm not so sure you wouldn't have the same people saying we should just stay home and avoid the embarrassment.

The answer is obvious

Mar 7, 2019, 10:22 AM

Those people want Brad Brownell fired. And the team's not getting in the NCAA tournament would give them ammunition against him.

Re: The answer is obvious

Mar 7, 2019, 10:29 AM

That’s true! There are those on this board who would rather they be right about Coach Brownells ability as a coach and hope the team isn’t successful so they can say “I told you so”, That really isn’t what being a fan is all about and it certainly isn’t what being a supporter of Clemson is all about.

I am fairly confident that we make it in ...

Mar 7, 2019, 10:35 AM

to the NIT tournament.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic