Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
don't understand how people feel the big 12
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 92
| visibility 1

don't understand how people feel the big 12

May 27, 2012, 8:43 PM

Will be so much better. Everyone keeps talking about playing Texas and Oklahoma, but realistically how often would we play them. They will surely be on the opposite side, which would put us playing , what, every 4 or 5 years. Oklahoma st, as well as Texas tech certainly would be put with them. So what's our best options beyond that. We already play FSU shoo that won't change. West Virginia, that'll be alright, but then what. Baylor without RGIII is, well, just Baylor. Iowa st, really, rather play nc state. Kansas and Kansas st, not much of an upgrade from north Carolina and Duke. Speaking of Texas, they went 8-5 last year, I'm sure they'll get back, but it just goes to show this stuff goes in cycles. Our big time football schools are down right now. I understand that, but I have a hard time believing they'll stay that way. FSU and Miami are still FSU and Miami. People will go to play there, they're still getting top recruits. VaTech has been a national contender for the last decade. Honestly, every team in the acc, other than maybe Duke, has the potential to be good, maybe not great, but good teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More money. Better home schedules. More money.

May 27, 2012, 8:48 PM

More national exposure. More money. Better perception. More Money. No Swoffie. More money.

you have no idea what you're talking about....

May 27, 2012, 8:50 PM

it's more money

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

The home schedules are what I am most excited about...

May 27, 2012, 8:53 PM

in all seriousness.

WOOOO!!! Baylor will be an awesome home game!***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Baylor would have been better than any home game

May 27, 2012, 9:09 PM

last year outside of FSU and Auburn.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baylor without RGIII will not be.***

May 27, 2012, 9:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every team Baylor put on the field or court or track or

May 27, 2012, 10:12 PM

whatever made the NCAA tournament, bowl game etc. I am fairly certain of this. They are committed to excellence.They will get another good QB.

Re: Every team Baylor put on the field or court or track or

May 27, 2012, 10:15 PM

They had a really great year, I'll give them that.

Will that make up for all the awful seasons when players were killing each other over bad drug deals?

Probably not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But with $$ the arrested Coots are beating our butts

May 27, 2012, 10:23 PM

every year.

Re: But with $$ the arrested Coots are beating our butts

May 27, 2012, 10:34 PM

If you're talking TV money, Vanderbilt gets the same money as USuC. UT gets the same money as USuC. Kentucky gets the same money as USuC. Ole Miss gets the same money as USuC. I think we have a better program right now than all those, despite less money. USuC isn't beating us because of money. Did we or did we not beat Auburn lat year, even with all that money weighing them down? This is the greatest era in USuC athletics in history. It will end. No amount of money will stop that. The ACC contracts will change in 5 years. If we, and the rest of the conference do what we need to do, we'll be fine and money won't be an issue. If we don't, then we'll get the contract we deserve. Just win the game we're supposed to win and everything else will take care of itself.

The "rest" of the ACC will not do what they need to do

May 27, 2012, 10:46 PM

for football...basketball is the concern for more than half of the conference...and Swoffie.

The reason the conference is down is because of money/TV contracts/perception in comparison to the SEC.

I disagree.....

May 27, 2012, 10:56 PM

When I say "the rest of the conference" I'm not talking about Duke or even UNC. The bottom and middle of the conference aren't the problem. Duke isn't a problem in the ACC any more than Indiana is in the Big 10. The problem is the top of the conference. FSU, Virginia Tech, Clemson, they need to win their games. Are you telling me those teams aren't committed to football? If those three teams finish in the top 10, like they should, this conversation isn't even happening.

Re: I disagree.....

May 27, 2012, 11:27 PM

been, then what? We just keep waiting five years for UM, FSU, VT, GT to all be good again at the same time, while the SEC, BigXII, and PAC-whatever are already doing that. I'd rather not have to rely on other teams being good again to make the national scene when we have the opportunity to join a conference that just had FIVE teams in the top twenty (six if you want to include WV). OU was the lowest ranked of the five and Texas was unranked, if they are the two big boys in the BigXII then I would say the middle of the conference is already pulling their weight.

should have said, if they all don't end up in the top ten,

May 27, 2012, 11:29 PM

Like they have been

Were you in a coma last year?...........

May 27, 2012, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree..... ]

If you were, I'm sorry to hear that. But we were in the top five last year. VT was a top ten team most of the year. FSU was hyped as a Nat. Champ. contender. I would call that "being on the national scene". Then they all lost games they should've won. It won't matter what conference any of those schools are in if they keep letting that happen.

I'm sorry, but you did say FINISH in the top ten, not be in

May 27, 2012, 11:56 PM

the top ten at one point during the season or have a bunch of pre-season national title hype. Alabama got the benefit of "playing in the tough SEC" where they can afford to lose a game and still have national title hopes. Do you think if GT had been our only loss we would have been as lucky as Bama, I don't.

And yes, I was awake last season when we were number five and everyone kept waiting for us to fall flat on our face, FSU was heralded as NC material only to get beat by OU, from the BigXII by the way, on primetime tv. Not necessarily the type of national exposure I'd like to get.

Re: Every team Baylor put on the field or court or track or

May 28, 2012, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Every team Baylor put on the field or court or track or ]

Classy, I bet you are a blast at parties.

Well, when we beat your butt on the football field in the future, I don't want to hear any complaining. Clemson is a great program, but it will be unwise to underestimate Baylor on the field or the court. It will no doubt bite you in the rear.

Re: you have no idea what you're talking about....

May 27, 2012, 9:33 PM [ in reply to you have no idea what you're talking about.... ]

the c$$ts outspent us by more than $20 mil last year.. they will continue to completely dominate us on into the future if we stay in the ACC..... so who wants that??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About half of Clemson fans, it would appear.

May 27, 2012, 9:36 PM

Seems that's about how it is on every issue that comes up with regards to Clemson athletics. Half the people are in favor of doing whatever it takes to compete, and half cling to the security blanket of tradition and familiarity.

Generally, the administration sides with the traditionalists. If that trend continues, Clemson can look forward to a new tradition of irrelevance.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went from unranked to top 5 last year..........

May 27, 2012, 10:11 PM

that's not irrelevant.

As to the ACC's relevance - if VT wins the ACCCG, they're probably playing LSU for the national championship.

Re: We went from unranked to top 5 last year..........

May 27, 2012, 10:18 PM

I'm not sure about that...I don't think they would have jumped OSU or Bama.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We went from unranked to top 5 last year..........

May 27, 2012, 10:25 PM

Maybe, maybe not, but they were in the hunt as much as anybody else. Heck, we still had a decent shot until the State game.

If we went undefeated, absolutely we would've been

May 27, 2012, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: We went from unranked to top 5 last year.......... ]

above them. With one loss, we would've been #4 and in the play-offs if the new BCS implemented it retroactively.

More money is all rumors and we don't know

May 27, 2012, 8:53 PM [ in reply to More money. Better home schedules. More money. ]

the real details of the contracts. Better home schedules? What? We'll bring Oklahoma or Texas once every 6 years to Death Valley...

Better perception? Remember when the Big XII was the crap conference no one wanted to be in last year? Yea, that still hasn't changed.

No Swoffie would be nice, but his interview was good, we'll see if he's realized changes need to be made.

not sure your reasoning behind your second point...***

May 27, 2012, 8:54 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Second point as in home schedule or

May 27, 2012, 8:56 PM

second paragraph of who wants to be in the Big XII?

I'm assuming you meant who wants to be in the Big XII. Last year, nobody wants to be in the conference and there were articles everywhere about how it is going to die thanks to Texas' hands. It is the Texas conference, it always will be.

I see your point... but I would counter by saying...

May 27, 2012, 9:01 PM

1. Texas is always going to have more money... just a fact of life.

2. The "new Big XII" is not going to put up with UT's previous "meddling". As a matter of fact, they've already told Dodds to "shut up" about expansion.

3. No one is leaving the Big XII, UT included. They would owe the conference 6 years worth of home TV rights. No other conference is interested in buying that off.

4. Adding FSU and Clemson as 11 and 12 helps balance the conference more. If more teams are added, more balance achieved.

5. Again, the conference is stable because of the GOR.

Re: I see your point... but I would counter by saying...

May 27, 2012, 9:08 PM

1. Not arguing that. Texas, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, real USC, all of them will always have more money than any other school.

2. I concur, but its a bitter memory, Texas is the reason all of the conference realignment started, by pushing out Texas A&M. Texas' power will still have a say in the conference, but I agree, they won't have as much immediate sway anymore.

3. The Big XII, with no teams added is not a great conference, remember all I've been arguing is current situations. Currently, it is Oklahoma & Texas.

4. Yes it does. If Clemson & FSU go to the Big XII, it will be a much stronger conference; however, I do not believe it will be better for Clemson or Florida State. I believe that if no one leaves the ACC, it will be stronger than the Big XII and will renegotiate a better contract with TV.

5. Agreed, and who knows if the ACC office is working on getting a similar contract in place.

"Currently it's Oklahoma and Texas."

May 27, 2012, 9:13 PM

Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Baylor, who all finished in the top fifteen last year, would like you to go #### yourself.

"I believe that if no one leaves the ACC, it will be stronger than the Big XII and will renegotiate a better contract with TV."

Laughter is the only appropriate response to this.

Hey, what a cute way for you to tell me to go

May 27, 2012, 9:17 PM

eff myself Charles.

I've already said that Oklahoma State has been strong past couple years, but that's uncharacteristic. Kansas State had a surprise year last year, definitely uncharacteristic. And Baylor was RGIII all the way.

It was a cute way to point out how wrong you were.

May 27, 2012, 9:29 PM

All of those teams finished AHEAD of OU and Texas in the conference that is "just" OU and Texas. Funny how that works.

Let's just do the run down.

Upper Tier -
ACC: Virginia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, Miami, Georgia Tech
Big XII: Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, West Virginia, Oklahoma State

Middle Tier -
ACC: North Carolina, Pitt, BC, Maryland, NC State
Big XII: Baylor, Kansas State, Texas Tech

Lower Tier -
ACC: Wake Forest, Duke, Virginia, Syracuse
Big XII: Kansas, Iowa State

The Big XII is clearly better at the top, I'll give a slight edge to the ACC in the middle, and then the Big XII has half as many bottom dwellers.

I was pretty generous, IMO, putting Miami in the upper tier and Maryland and BC in the middle tier. There really isn't a reasonable argument that the ACC is better, even at fourteen teams to the Big XII's ten.

Just curious

May 27, 2012, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I see your point... but I would counter by saying... ]

You said " it will be stronger than the Big XII and will renegotiate a better contract with TV.

How much longer are you willing to wait for the ACC to get stronger? The ACC BCS numbers look like this:

15 appearances, 1 at large bid, 2 wins, 13 losses, .133 winning percentage.

I mean even the Big East has 7 wins and a .500 winning percentage. I know much of this is our own fault, but I've lost faith that this conference cares at all about big time football.

We've had some very very bad coaching changes

May 27, 2012, 9:27 PM

the past 6 years.

But my honest answer to you is 2015, if we're in a similar stagnant position, then I agree. Right now, we are looking very promising to be contenders in the next two years. FSU's pre-season hype is getting bigger and bigger, Virginia Tech pulled an at large bid last year and is continuing to remain consistent in 10+ win seasons, NCSU is going to go places with O'Brien, & Paul Johnson is finally adding good wrinkles to his offense.

O'Brien has been there for a half decade

May 27, 2012, 9:32 PM

and is barely hovering above .500...

Re: I see your point... but I would counter by saying...

May 27, 2012, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I see your point... but I would counter by saying... ]

U are so freaking delusional dude

Thanks, your argument was clear and easy to understand***

May 27, 2012, 10:30 PM

Do you really get excited about Duke, Wake, BC, 'Cuse, Pitt,

May 27, 2012, 8:56 PM [ in reply to More money is all rumors and we don't know ]

UVA, Md playing in Death Valley? The fact that any of those teams bring a massive $15 or less street value for a ticket sickens me...

BC, Cuse, & Maryland, yes. But also Georgia Tech,

May 27, 2012, 8:58 PM

Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State, NC State, & UNC.

Big XII excitement is for Texas, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma St (if they're good)

Baylor sucked.***

May 27, 2012, 9:00 PM

Baylor had RGIII, he's gone now, they'll return to normal***

May 27, 2012, 9:01 PM

FSU, VT, and Ga Tech will not be in the ACC in 2-3 years.***

May 27, 2012, 9:00 PM [ in reply to BC, Cuse, & Maryland, yes. But also Georgia Tech, ]

All rumors. And as I've said, all of my arguments

May 27, 2012, 9:03 PM

on this matter are in the current ACC. Obviously if FSU, VT, or GT leave, then my argument is invalid and stupid.

But I'm not convinced anyone is leaving.

out of curiousity... how do you think the ACC keeps us?***

May 27, 2012, 7:06 PM

I honestly don't know the politics of it. Swofford's

May 27, 2012, 9:11 PM

interview even said comparing all the revenue streams is important, as many of y'all are just looking at one thing and comparing it directly to another whenever there are alternative benefits.

I believe the ACC will re negotiate its TV contracts when we add Syracuse and Pitt in two years. Those are two huge markets that will help us significantly.

I may well be wrong

May 27, 2012, 9:16 PM

But I thought this newly announced TV deal took into account PITT and CUSE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It did***

May 27, 2012, 9:39 PM

Re: I honestly don't know the politics of it. Swofford's

May 27, 2012, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I honestly don't know the politics of it. Swofford's ]

how much has that Boston market helped the ACC? just saying...

Well, Boston is a professional town, most people there

May 27, 2012, 9:22 PM

don't care about Boston College. I still believe Boston College wasn't the greatest Big East grab, but at least it gives a great road trip.

Syracuse fans are rabid for their team, so the NY market will actually be beneficial.

Pittsburgh is another professional town, but most of the Pitt fans I know are very supportive of their university.

Re: Well, Boston is a professional town, most people there

May 27, 2012, 10:34 PM

I have family in Syracuse, no one there give a rats butt about football...and it's a wonderful sight seeing maybe 7000 people in cavernous Heinz Field....

May 27, 2012, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I honestly don't know the politics of it. Swofford's ]

Yeah "huge markets".... How'd that huge marker of Boston work out for us???

Dear God, read my post right above yours...

May 27, 2012, 10:33 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12275659

May 27, 2012, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I honestly don't know the politics of it. Swofford's ]

A lot better than the Ames or Morgantown markets ever will.

Re: More money is all rumors and we don't know

May 27, 2012, 8:56 PM [ in reply to More money is all rumors and we don't know ]

a crap conference that nobody wants but ESPN is willing to pay more money for them than the ACC...a lot has changed since last summer

The ACC sent two teams to BCS bowls this year.

May 27, 2012, 9:00 PM

It's amazing how fast perceptions will change when we start throwing national contenders in the mix. The nation was ready for us, so was ESPN when were #5 in the country.

The ACC will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt again and

May 27, 2012, 9:02 PM

get an extra team in...

Re: The ACC will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt again and

May 27, 2012, 9:06 PM

I was surprised with VT getting a BCS bowl game last year...the ACC's lack of performance in BCS bowls has hurt the conference. ACC is 2-13 in BCS bowls and hasn't put a team in the BCS title game since 2000.

VT did get screwed in their BCS game though at the

May 27, 2012, 9:13 PM

end. VT beat Michigan in that game.

I'm still not sure why our refs didn't call the ball dead on no forward motion on the one play that swung our game. I've never seen a single play cause that much of a momentum shift ever.

Re: VT did get screwed in their BCS game though at the

May 27, 2012, 9:15 PM

if they got screwed or not...the fact is that they lost...mistakes are made in games and no football game is perfect.

Re: VT did get screwed in their BCS game though at the

May 27, 2012, 9:34 PM [ in reply to VT did get screwed in their BCS game though at the ]

absolutely they did..

Single Play...Ellington's fumble vs WVU...

May 27, 2012, 10:16 PM [ in reply to VT did get screwed in their BCS game though at the ]

THAT is the biggest momentum swing EVER!

That's exactly what I just said, or was that your way of

May 27, 2012, 10:29 PM

agreeing with me?

Sorry..did not see "our game" in your post...***

May 27, 2012, 10:31 PM

Big 12 has been better than the ACC for years.***

May 27, 2012, 9:02 PM [ in reply to More money is all rumors and we don't know ]

May 27, 2012, 9:51 PM [ in reply to More money is all rumors and we don't know ]

The Big XII was never a "crap conference." They had some issues that they fixed. You can't say the same about the ACC.

May 27, 2012, 11:15 PM

We don't know how all these "fixes" are going to play out. Not a single game has been played since the conference collapsed. This year could be a disaster for the Big XII, we don't know until the games are played.

All these Big XII pumpers are taking victory laps before the race has even started.

Swofford & Cherry

May 27, 2012, 9:54 PM [ in reply to More money is all rumors and we don't know ]

Let's be honest, 99% of the pro-Big XII crowd here just want out because they hate Swofford and Ron Cherry. Hey, I get that. The money argument is pretty weak, since nobody knows the real details and the fact the ACC contract gets renegotiated in 5 years. Nobody with half a brain should buy the "better home games" argument. Killing every non-football sport and making it impossible to attend road games isn't worth one home game against Oklahoma or Texas, who might well suck in any given season.

Look, it's only a matter of time before John Swofford and Ron Cherry retire/get fired/die and then those people can just get on with their lives.

It absolutely has changed. WVU,CU,FSU, possibly ND,VT,

May 27, 2012, 10:22 PM [ in reply to More money is all rumors and we don't know ]

and Louisville. This is not 1981. It is not even mid May 2012. Things have changed and they are moving at rocket speed. Miss the lift off and you are stuck on the friggin moon forever.

I have talked to a couple of Heisman donors recently, and if we end playing for basically the 1A- division title, they are out. How many others do you think are going to pay 1500 bucks a year for 2 tickets to see that. I'll tell you how many, maybe 30,000-35,000. It will be embarrassing to wear your Clemson hat out in public. We will be like Furman. Go to Death Valley 2 or 3 times a year, and once or twice make a trip to Georgia, Tenn, Florida or whatever real college team you choose to follow for the real title. I bet Furman people who are dead and buried would tell you they wished they could have found a way to go with Clemson to the ACC 60 years ago, because they haven't been relevant since. Not even after winning TWO 1AA titles.

Re: It absolutely has changed. WVU,CU,FSU, possibly ND,VT,

May 27, 2012, 10:24 PM

I think its a bit past mid may 2012 :)

I'm fairly certain many on here do not realize that. They

May 27, 2012, 10:30 PM

are like, it is gonna be fine. Everything is cool. Nothing is gong to be any different. FSU is not going anywhere, and I really like traveling to Wake for that barn burner. And hey, I believe we get Duke back in the Valley in 2016...

Didn't you hear, Alabama & LSU are moving to the Big 10?***

May 27, 2012, 10:33 PM [ in reply to It absolutely has changed. WVU,CU,FSU, possibly ND,VT, ]

Re: Didn't you hear, Alabama & LSU are moving to the Big 10?***

May 27, 2012, 10:50 PM

My sources with the Oakland Raiders tell me they have a deal in principle with the AFC West Division. It's all but signed. Mainstream media is way behind on this one.

Re: More $$$$$$ Better home schedules. More money.

May 27, 2012, 11:24 PM [ in reply to More money. Better home schedules. More money. ]

More money = the right move. It is all about money. The ACC is known as a basketball conference.

Re: don't understand how people feel the big 12

I'm sure most of them schools would be better than Duke, Maryland, and Wake.

The odds are pretty slim that Clemson wins a nat champ

but the fact that we have a shot keeps me excited about Clemson football.

I don't think it's so much the Big 12 as it is NOT getting left out of the Nat Champ picture before the season even starts.

Re: The odds are pretty slim that Clemson wins a nat champ

May 27, 2012, 9:07 PM

what chance would we have when we are playing a So con schedule??? that where we will be if w stay in the dying ACC

that's exactly my point.***

May 27, 2012, 9:14 PM

You don't get it, we don't have any choice...

if we want a shot at the NC. 4-team playoff means no spot for the ACC (conference no. 5).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't get it, we don't have any choice...

May 27, 2012, 9:09 PM

A four team, or should I say four conference only national title will never happen. The fact that anyone even believes that is a possibility shows how feeble minded some people can be. If Clemson, Fsu, VaTech, Miami, or whoever, runs the table in the acc and finishes with 1 our fewer losses, they will be in the playoff.

May 27, 2012, 9:12 PM

thats the problem with the ACC...you HAVE to run the table...there is no mistakes. If you lose to a Wake or Maryland...your chances just went down the drain. If you played in a conference like the Big 12, SEC, etc. than you prob. could afford to lose one game and still have a shot.

May 27, 2012, 9:25 PM

You mean like losing to Iowa st ended Oklahoma st chance. Being in the mighty BIG12 didn't help them out much, did it.

That wasn't a 4 team playoff, it was the BCS, 1 game***

May 27, 2012, 9:30 PM

May 27, 2012, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: You don't get it, we don't have any choice... ]

look at how far they dropped after that lost and look at how far Clemson or VT dropped after they lost their first game. they stayed in contention and it was unfortunate that Bama got the nod over them.

I've posted this in another thread but think of it this way

May 27, 2012, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: You don't get it, we don't have any choice... ]

The ACC continues to make decisions based on basketball. Our Athletic Department is based on football. As football goes so go all our olympic sports. The ACC is a basketball conference. They are making decisions that benefit the ACC. Clemson needs to make decisions that benefit Clemson. Being a football based athletic department in the ACC is an effort in futility and it puts every other sport in jeopardy.

Not only should we be looking to leave the conference, it is our AD's and out BoT's duty to do so.

Hey Soccerkrzy! Forget trying to

May 27, 2012, 9:30 PM

Use logic with these Big 12 officionados who have hijacked this web site.
They have completely fallen in line behind York Tiger's supposed "inside line" to TDPs office.
Although he brings up good points concerning the seemingly never ending tenure of Swofford at the helm and the hegemony of the NC schools, the $ disparity b/t us and SC, he thinks EVERYTHING will be just hunky dory when we travel half way across the country where the govt stuck the Cherokee tribe since nobody wanted to live there. It's absolutely ridiculous to believe that you can stick lipstick on this pig known as the Big 12 and think she is going to be Cinderella. There is NO WAY that certain ACC members are going to be left out of a future structure. The East Coast may have some slugs right now but we won't be down for long. Too many influential alums from these crappy programs to ignore the $ value; even if they don't care about football (which they do).
Knee jerk reaction from fans that are either stuck out in that dump of a dust bowl an just want to have better access to Clemson games or people that are just always unhappy with their current lot in life.
We may end up having to leave at some point but not because these guys toothless pressure from Tigernet.

what in God's name are you talking about?

May 27, 2012, 9:40 PM

who in the bleep is trying to pressure anyone to do anything ?

Our athletic department runs on football revenue more so than basketball revenue. It takes a lot money to be competitive in football, basketball, baseball, and all the olympic sports.

Any decision our decision makers make without taking this into consideration would be flat out wrong.

We shouldn't leave bc we'd get left out or not bc of passed bias or bc of our hatred of unc. We should leave the ACC to give all of our teams a chance to compete at the highest level... well that and the fact that we have a better chance to be successful in football than in basketball.

So just to be clear

May 27, 2012, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Hey Soccerkrzy! Forget trying to ]

anyone who supports moving to the Big XII, for all the reasons listed the last week or so, are lowlife, toothless, no good, ignorant, birdbrained, illiterate, shallow, unknowledgeable, witless Terds?

But anyone who agrees with staying in the ACC is okay in your book?

May 27, 2012, 9:48 PM

The biggest advantage to being in the Big 12 over the ACC is money. It's been estimated that Clemson will make $10 million/year more. That's money that can be used to hire and retain top coaches and build top facilities. That all equals more wins.

The Big 12 on average cares more about football than the ACC, especially at the "bottom" of the conference. Adding northeastern programs that have few fans was a fatal mistake by the ACC. Clemson has more in common culturally with Kansas and Baylor than Boston College and Syracuse.

I'll give you a chance......

May 27, 2012, 10:46 PM

to explain how on earth we have anything in common with Kansas or Baylor. The only thing that comes to mind for Kansas is that we both hate schools in Columbia.

Re: I'll give you a chance......

May 27, 2012, 10:52 PM

The Kansas and Baylor people are passionate about college football. The BC and Syracuse people aren't. I'm not saying we have a huge amount in common with them, just more than the northeast schools and Miami.

Re: I'll give you a chance......

May 27, 2012, 11:08 PM

Are we talking about the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas? They care more about football than Syracuse? Nope, not buying it. Baylor had a really good year with a once in a lifetime player. Otherwise, they're Wake's dumber brother.

You win. We all forgot how much we had in common with Pitt

May 28, 2012, 12:25 AM [ in reply to I'll give you a chance...... ]

and Syracuse and wanted to leave. Our bad!

May 28, 2012, 8:21 AM

Well we could give the teams in the Big 12 a cultural shock in DV with the Whoooooo Hooooooo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 92
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic