Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or have mass shootings made a comeback?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Is it just me or have mass shootings made a comeback?

Apr 16, 2021, 8:43 AM

I don't remember hearing so much about them during DJT's reign. Were there less shootings or was the MSM so focused on taking down Trump we just didn't hear about mass shootings?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it just me or have mass shootings made a comeback?

Apr 16, 2021, 8:48 AM

There's a meme going around on social media suggesting that as well, but I don't know where the idea came from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States#2021

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx. Vegas and El Paso were during DJT. Those were awful.***

Apr 16, 2021, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in Vegas a week after. Eerily subdued at MGM, NYNY,

Apr 16, 2021, 9:04 AM

Mandalas Bay end of the strip especially when out walking the sidewalks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vegas concert & Texas church were in the news for weeks.

Apr 16, 2021, 8:58 AM

Not to mention Stoneman Douglas HS.

Hey, that reminds me.....who was it that bet me $100 that

Apr 16, 2021, 9:01 AM

there would never be another outdoor concert in Vegas again after that shooting?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t think me. Has there been another outside concert?***

Apr 16, 2021, 9:06 AM

Yeah, within like 6-8 months of that one.

Apr 16, 2021, 10:41 AM

I feel like it might be Tiggity but can’t be sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2021, 9:44 AM

My belief is that they are making a comeback.

Most mass shootings are going to be done by alienated males, those convinced "society" is to blame for their ostracization.

They're not going to go away, people. Cable news sells massive victimization tropes to their viewers every day and those are magnified many times over by the power of social media. Add in easy access to powerful firearms and boom, hey, away you go. It's going to get particularly worse now that Biden's in charge and the Fox News/OAN/Newsmax bunch is once again the Party of the Aggrieved again, since uneducated white males are overwhelmingly the demo most prone to this. You find some who go the other way, angry alienated minorities convinced it's bad white people who are all to blame for their lot in life too...whatever, it's those Others, Somebody Else's Fault, some group of nameless devils who are working overtime to keep them down who are really to blame for why the world Totally Sux. And those mother!#$%ers are gonna pay.

The real reason, of course, is human dysfunction. People are just not dealing well with this world we've built. Maybe because it's not overly user-friendly...and there are an awful lot of voices in their heads telling them it's All Wrong and spewing total lies.

And we're letting them.

We've built our very own Babbel, allowed liars to roam around unchallenged telling their bald-faced lies in the name of "freedom of speech", armed our people to the teeth, and are wondering why people are blasting one another left and right, and why civilization itself often seems most...uncivil, at the moment?

Gosh. I wonder. It's a mystery.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2021, 9:55 AM

I assume when you say"allowed liars to roam around unchallenged telling their bald-faced"(its bold-faced so u know)you are talking about CNN,MSM,etc. considering they just got caught on video saying they spread propaganda and lies on purpose.

Apr 16, 2021, 10:03 AM

No, he will lump right-wing news in there too.

But, you and I and most objective people understand there are far more lies, sensationalism, etc. on the left.

Heck, all the MSM and social media sites are RUN BY LEFTISTS. How could it possibly not be the case that they win the prize for the most BS pushed into people's heads.

Apr 16, 2021, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me or have mass shootings made a comeback? ]

Cable news in general is horrible, and what they're arguing about is: "who's the REAL victims here." That's the real problem.

That's the cycle we COLLECTIVELY have to snap out of - right and left. I am no fan of CNN/MSNBC, but they're actually less guilty of "propaganda" than Fox...and significantly less guilty than OAN or Newsmax, who are flat-out batsh!t crazy. CNN, MSNBC, and Fox at least have reputable reporters working in their newsrooms. OAN and Newsmax absolutely do not. When CNN/MSNBC/Fox do straight news they still do it well.

Where they really all start getting into trouble is they've blurred the line between their "opinion hosts" and their "news anchors" to the point most of their viewers can't even tell the difference anymore.

It needs to be a lot more obvious what we're watching. When we're watching opinion, it needs to be clearly labelled on the screen: OPINION HOST.

When they're doing news, it needs to be in NPR/BBC, old-style straight news format. No leading headlines, very neutral, as objective as possible, with the standard of "the best possible representation of both viewpoints presented" as can be achieved. We got away from the equal-time laws in the 1980's and that standard completely went away. We should think about bringing equal-time back. I think it'd solve a lot of problems and bring everybody back to center again.

Apr 16, 2021, 10:28 AM

I have avoided as much news as possible lately because they just try to stir everybody up on both left and right but on the propaganda and lies by particular news outlets I will have to agree to disagree with you but the great thing about our country we are still allowed our own opinion and respect the other persons opinion(hope it stays that way, sometimes I wonder about this in the future though).

Apr 16, 2021, 10:39 AM

Again, I would direct you to, say, a BBC news segment in regards to Chinese propaganda about the origins of COVID. Note the difference. Equal-time laws would restore this standard to our own news.

Watch how they cover a REMARKABLY wide range of incredibly controversial topics with incredible aplomb, and remarkable objectivity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVnROAeIK3Y

Apr 16, 2021, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the interesting video. Have a great day.I have to bug out now. I have to put out 130 bales of pine straw.I can afford to pay others but I don't like other peoples (right or left-haha) work so I do everything myself including house,yard,remodeling,HVAC,appliance repair etc.

Apr 16, 2021, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me or have mass shootings made a comeback? ]

Most mass shootings are going to be done by alienated males, those convinced "society" is to blame for their ostracization.

Agree. And it is solely the left pressing the blame message.

They're not going to go away, people. Cable news sells massive victimization tropes to their viewers every day and those are magnified many times over by the power of social media. Add in easy access to powerful firearms and boom, hey, away you go. It's going to get particularly worse now that Biden's in charge and the Fox News/OAN/Newsmax bunch is once again the Party of the Aggrieved again, since uneducated white males are overwhelmingly the demo most prone to this. You find some who go the other way, angry alienated minorities convinced it's bad white people who are all to blame for their lot in life too...whatever, it's those Others, Somebody Else's Fault, some group of nameless devils who are working overtime to keep them down who are really to blame for why the world Totally Sux. And those mother!#$%ers are gonna pay.

Agree somewhat. I do not really think Fox News is going to cause someone to become a mass murderer. But there are super-extreme right-wing sites out there with a few people convinced of a lot of stupid chit. The numbers pale in comparison to those entrapped by the left's propaganda, but I do think those white males, as has been shown in the past, will go una-bomber more quickly. I have said before, I am a bit surprised there have been no targeted assassination attempts.

The real reason, of course, is human dysfunction. People are just not dealing well with this world we've built. Maybe because it's not overly user-friendly...and there are an awful lot of voices in their heads telling them it's All Wrong and spewing total lies.

Agree.

Apr 16, 2021, 10:18 AM

Don’t call it a comeback

Apr 16, 2021, 10:35 AM

They’ve been around for years

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic