Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you consider people who donate 10K a year to IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Do you consider people who donate 10K a year to IPTAY

Aug 27, 2019, 11:27 AM

and season ticket holders "true fans" even if these people graduated from another university?

In contrast, what do you call alums who follow Clemson football, watch all the games on TV, maybe go to 2 or 3 games a year, but don't donate a dime to IPTAY?

I feel like we need some clear definitions before the start of football season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't consider any 1 a true clemson fan

Aug 27, 2019, 11:30 AM

Except me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dabo, CJ Spiller, Tajh Boyd, and Eric McClain ain't

Aug 27, 2019, 11:44 AM

gonna' like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

They know where I live. We can settle this with a game of

Aug 27, 2019, 11:58 AM

Horseshooooooes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It's very simple

Aug 27, 2019, 11:34 AM

Clemson alums = real and true Clemson fans

Non-Clemson alums, and especially Winthrop grads = ROYbus fans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So even if the alum doesn't donate a penny

Aug 27, 2019, 11:39 AM

or buy tickets to support the program, they are still true fans?

I'm not arguing. I'm just really trying to gain clarity.

Yes, you are correct

Aug 27, 2019, 11:41 AM

Think about those tuition dollars that have already been paid by the real and true Clemson fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The joke is on all of you suckers, with shcollies & such,

Aug 27, 2019, 11:55 AM

I got a free ride.

lmao on the floor

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Just like Kelly Bryant, eh? The truest of Tiger fans. ***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:07 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

once a Tiger...........

Aug 27, 2019, 12:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I’m doubting co 1994 led his offense to a berth in the cfp but

Aug 27, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Just like Kelly Bryant, eh? The truest of Tiger fans. *** ]

Otherwise very similar. I bet co1994 got a ring.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt there would have been much drop off in production

Aug 27, 2019, 2:34 PM

in the Sugar if we had started CO1994 instead

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, you are correct

Aug 27, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Yes, you are correct ]

I know I paid $125,000 to Clemson and I am proud to say my daughter is a 2015 Clemson Graduate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome, TU for you because you are a proud

Aug 27, 2019, 1:40 PM

dad of a 2015 Clemson graduate. I hope to be the dad of a Clemson graduate one day...

Re: That's awesome, TU for you because you are a proud

Aug 28, 2019, 7:46 AM

GWPTiger I hope it happens for you. It’s a very proud accomplishment for the entire family when your kid walks across that stage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And canadians

Aug 27, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to It's very simple ]

Cant be no clemson fan from canadia.

the math checks out***

Aug 27, 2019, 11:47 AM

Re: It's very simple

Aug 27, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to It's very simple ]

I’ve never been inclined to check with other people to determine who I am.

Aug 27, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to It's very simple ]

Frank Howard,Danny Ford and Dabo Sweeney

Aug 27, 2019, 12:44 PM

MES2030 said:

Frank Howard,Danny Ford and Dabo Sweeney

Oh boy! Here they come!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

What about them?

Aug 27, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: It's very simple ]

Also...

*Swinney

Aug 27, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to It's very simple ]

I am just happy that I can get on the ROY bus. ??. We Winthrop Alumni are all inclusive. We are people who like to welcome everybody. For the most 99.9999% of Clemson People feel the same way. But a reject slips through occasionally.

But we want hold that against that reject of .0001% who seems to be a Clemson snub?? Now who could the post be referring to?????

If you don't think I welcome all kinds of fans,

Aug 27, 2019, 1:51 PM

even those who did not attend Clemson, then you're not paying attention.

Only if they wear a jersey to the game.***

Aug 27, 2019, 11:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you consider people who donate 10K a year to IPTAY

Aug 27, 2019, 11:36 AM

So a fan that can only afford to go too say one game a year is not a true fan? DPOTD

*to

Aug 27, 2019, 11:38 AM

It's a good idea when tossing out the "DPOTD" label to avoid these types of errors. Hth

Re: *to

Aug 27, 2019, 11:45 AM

I’m glad you caught my fat finger typing while doing so on my phone. Manfold !! Every site has to have a tool I guess

I just try to provide helpful advice, it's a thankless job

Aug 27, 2019, 11:50 AM

#PeopleHelpingPeople

Manafold. ***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: *to ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Wait...I think you are being a little to hasty on

Aug 27, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you consider people who donate 10K a year to IPTAY ]

The dpotd..

Have you seen this
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Plylers-Blog-DL-Freshmen-Special-Teams-GT-2-Way-DK-1919380

Re: Wait...I think you are being a little to hasty on***

Aug 27, 2019, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 27, 2019, 11:40 AM

Anyone who whole heartily supports this program and all the other Clemson athletic programs and the success of the university as a whole is a true fan regardless of their educational background or how much they donate to IPTAY

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just consider them a helluva lot richer than ME!

:)

I consider them rich.

I also consider them greedy and stingy if they refuse to sell me one of their extra tickets at or below face value, even if market value is showing that a much higher price is reasonable.

Aug 27, 2019, 11:47 AM

I am a Clemson alum, but I consider anyone who loves Clemson football a real fan. Who cares where they went? Maybe they went to Yale or maybe yhey couldnt get into Clemson. Maybe they didnt even go to college. Who cares? As long as they are into it and follow it, then they are fans even if they dont give a dime.

"loves" is way too vague. Have to have more objective

criteria than that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a fan

Aug 27, 2019, 11:53 AM

Kathleen Swinney, not a true fan. Donates $10,000 plus, but not an Alum. :(

Message was edited by: TattedCop®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Both she and Dabo have honorary Clemson degrees...

Aug 27, 2019, 11:54 AM

so yes, true fans

Re: Both she and Dabo have honorary Clemson degrees...

Aug 27, 2019, 12:00 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/zjLKfLtaNHg57htf8

Re: "loves" is way too vague. Have to have more objective

Aug 27, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to "loves" is way too vague. Have to have more objective ]

If they know our current players well and pull for us vs all opponents, then they are a fan imo. If they get excited for Clemson football, then they are fan.

We need a Jeff Foxworthy definition.

If you ...............then you just might be a fan.

Nobody is saying anything to the contrary

Aug 27, 2019, 12:06 PM

Everyone agrees that if you love Clemson football, you are a fan.

Re: Nobody is saying anything to the contrary

Aug 27, 2019, 12:17 PM

I am just symplifying things. All fans are equal. There is only 1 rule and no other rules. Just consistently pull for Clemson.

You are incorrect***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:26 PM

Re: You are incorrect***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:43 PM

Well when you put it that way I an see how wrong I actually was. Thank you for curing me.

thank you!

Aug 27, 2019, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you consider people who donate 10K a year to IPTAY ]

there is no way in hail that I would have been able to get into Clemson. I moved to NC in 11th grade so out of state tuition for one, and for two my grades wouldn't have gotten me in. I do give to IPTAY bc I feel that is the best way for me to feel apart of the fan base. I go to 1-2 games a year. My daughter wants to go to Clemson. It'll be out of state tuition too so hopefully she'll get scholarships. She's a much better student than I was lol.

Why start Crap Like This?

This is something I would expect from the Dirt Peckers. Rich or poor, Alum or not, a person that has a personal investment of whatever level that will go to war to support Clemson is a true fan.

How many people pay extra each month to get the appropriate TV coverage so they can see every Clemson game on TV? That money goes to the school and not laundered through IPTAY.

Are those millions of people who give 5 and 10 dollars to a presidential campaign less patriotic than the fat cat contributors or just have less money and pay what they can.

When you boast about your "Status" in life, that means you have the ability to look down on people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Why start Crap Like This?

Aug 27, 2019, 3:56 PM

Some people have low self esteem

That's one advantage the Coots have over us

Aug 27, 2019, 11:56 AM

Everyone that hasn't bailed on them after >100 years of sucking is a true fan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's one advantage the Coots have over us

Aug 27, 2019, 1:54 PM

Well, coots actually bail from about mid September through January. I can't explain it. It is just something like geese migrating.

If one mut ask they are a true Clemson fan then they are not

Aug 27, 2019, 12:06 PM

It does not matter if they donate or not. However, if it makes one feel better, for a small phenomenal fee, I will be happy to announce you as a "True" Clemson fan. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Aug 27, 2019, 1:11 PM

I don't believe Clemson would agree with your question. There is a
multitude of Clemson fans who can't afford to join IPTAY or afford
tickets to games and didn't go to college. These folks do wear hats,
shirts and fly flags on their cars and in their yards. I call this
free advertisement for this great University.

Anyone who agrees that you have to be a student or former student
to be a fan is wrong. If you are a New York Yankee fan do you have
to live in New York?

No.***

Aug 27, 2019, 2:00 PM

Could be. But the could also just be

Aug 27, 2019, 3:06 PM

"True Customers."

I know people who donate a pile of money but only do it

Aug 27, 2019, 3:53 PM

for prestige and "show". They don't givadam about Clemson. In fact, I know Coots who donate big money to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

it’s a big tent

Aug 27, 2019, 7:24 PM

All are welcome....stop trolling.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic