Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't our two best pitchers have season ending injuries one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,807

Didn't our two best pitchers have season ending injuries one

Jun 3, 2019, 6:21 AM

week before the season started?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't our two best pitchers have season ending injuries one

Jun 3, 2019, 8:23 AM

We lost Strider prior to beginning of season and he was our projected ace. I’m not sure about losing another projected starter.

Jun 3, 2019, 9:09 AM

We lost Spencer Strider and Carter Raffeld before the season and they were giving Strider every opportunity to be the Friday starter but his command all during the fall was very poor. Two scrimmages late fall he couldn't even get through three innings. Raffeld was a freshman but who knows how good he would have been. Bottom line is with twenty pitchers on the roster and all but Crawford and Hennessy recruited by Lee and See we are pathetic on the mound. See has no clue about mechanics and we show no development on the mound. Griffith and Weatherly are our most talented arms and they have absolutely shown no progress over 3 and 2 years respectively. Blame it wherever you want but See and Starbuck need to be replaced or Monte won't make it.

Jun 3, 2019, 9:16 AM

I agree. But don’t expect any changes. In the postgame press conference, Monte literally said Brooks Crawford (who gave up 7 hits 2 walks and 6 earned in only 4 innings) pitched well. If that’s anything other than a poor outing in the mind of a coach, we’ve got problems.

Jun 3, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't our two best pitchers have season ending injuries one ]

The crazy part about all of this, is that See’s hire was considered a coup. A lot of baseball pundits considered him a steal when we got him from Duke. I’m a Monte supporter and I had a huge disdain for JL, but the proof is in the pudding when it comes to pitching. Duke has excelled since See’s departure and we haven’t shown much improvement at all. I feel like Monte must make a change or he will tie his tenure at Clemson to the direct results of next years pitching staff. If he believes in See then next year better produce great results or his seat will be extremely hot.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,807
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic