Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Natty tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Natty tickets

Dec 19, 2019, 7:47 PM

So I understand the Natty is sold out for Clemson fans. There was a mixup in the ticket office and we never received emails about reserving tickets! So I guess we won’t be going since tickets online start at around $1500 ! ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Natty tickets

Dec 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

In Tampa tickets were going fir $2K/ticket outside the stadium. $1,500 might be a bargain...but only if LSU beats Oklahoma. If Oklahoma wins, the bottom is going to fall out of the ticket market as LSU fans try to dump their tickets.

Dec 19, 2019, 8:07 PM

Well, there's a reason to root for OK

Dec 19, 2019, 8:14 PM

I was hoping for an Oklahoma win, anyway! I’m wondering if the reason 3 OK players are out is ostarine?????! Hmmmm if it is!

this is not Tampa

Dec 19, 2019, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Natty tickets ]

But Tampa prices went up because brokers sold tickets they did not have and many Clemson fans went down without tickets willing to pay. Anyone who bought the first 2-3 days after the Fiesta Bowl three years ago would have paid $650-$800 each.

New Orleans will be nothing like Tampa. One broker now controls most of the inventory and has over 10,000 seats to sell. Prices should come under $1000 within a week if it is Clemson vs LSU. There are 16 days this year so brokers won't want to lower too quickly but once Clemson's allotment hits the street prices should drop under $1000. If Oklahoma somehow wins, prices will be face or less.

Re: this is not Tampa

Dec 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

You don't think every LSU fan will also go down to NOLA without tickets, just like the Clemson fans did in Tampa? Their stadium holds 100k, and their campus is an hour and a half from New Orleans. This is their first time in the playoffs, and I think they are pretty confident they will win it all. 10,000 seats will go EXTREMELY fast.

You usually know what you're talking about (I've been following your info the last 3-4 years). I'm just curious what makes you think demand won't be extremely high?

I think there may be a slight dip in prices for a day or two right after the teams release their tickets to the fans, but I don't see them doing anything but going up from there until gameday with very little inventory available at that point.

Edit: I agree that the get in price probably won't be $2000, but wouldn't be at all surprised for it to be $1200 or more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is not Tampa

Dec 20, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to this is not Tampa ]

Yeah, I don’t think so. LSU fans are hungry for this and will push ticket prices like Tampa was for us.

Dec 19, 2019, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Natty tickets ]

In Tampa tickets were going fir $2K/ticket outside the stadium. $1,500 might be a bargain...but only if LSU beats Oklahoma. If Oklahoma wins, the bottom is going to fall out of the ticket market as LSU fans try to dump their tickets.

did you get bowl emails?

Dec 19, 2019, 8:01 PM

you would have ordered the same time you ordered Peach or Fiesta tickets.

My guess for Clemson vs LSU is about $900 each but maybe less for the cheapest seats. Clemson gets 20,000 tickets so lots of those will hit the market since this is the 4th time in 5 years. Lower level or good seats will likely be $1200 and up.

Re: did you get bowl emails?

Dec 19, 2019, 8:05 PM

The IPTAY email I got said:

If Clemson participates in the CFP National Championship Game, IPTAY members with the following point values will have their orders filled with the number of tickets requested, so long as it does not exceed the following maximum ticket quantities. If the requested number is in excess of the following maximum quantities, the order will be reduced to the quantity listed below.

1,500+ priority points – no more than 14 tickets
1000-1499 priority points – no more than 12 tickets
750-999 priority points – no more than 10 tickets
500-749 priority points – no more than 8 tickets
250-499 priority points – no more than 6 tickets
65-249 priority points – no more than 4 tickets
1-64 priority points – no more than 2 tickets

So, clearly the Riggs Donors (not that you have to be a Riggs donor to have 1,500+ points, but it helps) were asking for WAAAAAAY more tickets then they'd actually use so they can resell them on StubHub and get some of their donation money back. So there may be a lot of tickets on the market in the Clemson seating area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 19, 2019, 8:34 PM

I think most Riggs donors, who give $25K/year, don't spend a lot of time trying to recoup $ from extra tickets. When you are giving that much, the hundreds of dollars you make off the top ticket they get (Club @ $875) isn't worth it. We are Fike Donors and usually get at least ten for Nattys...but this year we fell just under 8 ticket threshold and got only six. I think most Riggs people, like us, give their extras to family/friends. I know my ten in Tampa went to the six in my family; two to my sister and her spouse and then two to sister-in-law.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 8:38 PM

If you use, say, 4 and sell 10, making (as you estimate) hundreds each, then that nets you thousands.
That doesn’t sound like “not worth it.”

But, ok. Maybe there won’t be a ton of tickets available then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 19, 2019, 8:42 PM

When you give $25K+ a year...probably isn't worth it. For folks like me...maybe a bit. But again, most of the ppl I know in my level or higher have tons of F&F they allot tickets to. But agree, no doubt there are extras being sold...which is their right. I do wish Riggs didn't get 14...and they pushed more to the middle donor levels. But I'm biased.... ; )

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to did you get bowl emails? ]

We didn’t get Fiesta Bowl tickets from Clemson because they’re always bad seats. But Clemson had two email addresses for us but didnt send anything to either one. I don’t know why????

Did you check your SPAM folder?***

Dec 19, 2019, 8:34 PM

Re: Did you check your SPAM folder?***

Dec 20, 2019, 12:11 PM

JREwing® said:

Re: Did you check your SPAM folder?***

Dec 20, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Did you check your SPAM folder?*** ]

Yes.., nothing!

Dec 19, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: did you get bowl emails? ]

The opportunity to order natty tickets were in same email with bowl tickets

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: did you get bowl emails? ]

The opportunity to order natty tickets were in same email with bowl tickets

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: did you get bowl emails? ]

The email for bowl tickets went out 11/15 with a deadline of 11/27, IIRC. I’ve talked to a couple people that ignored that email and then wondered why they didn’t get a notification after the ACC champ game...

Interesting to complain about IPTAY seat locations and proudly don’t support IPTAY in their ticket sales for the Fiesta, then complain that you don’t have IPTAY seats for the championship game. Do what you do and get them from the secondary market to get “good seats”. Some of us support the school regardless of where the seats are.

Dec 20, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to did you get bowl emails? ]

So you dont think LSU fans will drive the price up?

Im thinking 1110-1200 is the get in price. Maybe 1K by kickoff. Easy trip for both fanbases.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic