Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fire Batson!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Fire Batson!!!!

Feb 22, 2015, 9:51 AM

Vic just running a 4.53 while repping 225# 35 times shows just how poor of a job Batson is doing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the success the football team has had the last

Feb 22, 2015, 10:39 AM

3 or 4 years Coach Batson has to be included as being an part of that success.

I believe some of you would complain even if Clemson went undefeated every year.

Coach Batson, You have support from the large majority of fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow - just wow.

Feb 22, 2015, 10:58 AM

Can somejuan get this guy a meter fixer?

No fixing that one.***

Feb 23, 2015, 10:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fire Batson!!!!

Feb 22, 2015, 11:24 AM

Batson completely reinvented himself after TigerNet's StreNgth coaches sent him the finest tips on the revolutionary CrossFit style training, Fran times and Kipping pull-ups have replaced deadlifts and squats and the muscles be a'growin--functionally, of course. Prepare for Natty championships, loose agents and the finest wommenz.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Vic work with Batson the last 7 weeks as he put on the

Feb 22, 2015, 12:39 PM

amazing 11 pounds of muscle and got ready for the combine? I don't think so.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, his job was to help him break the sack records @ clemson

Feb 22, 2015, 12:42 PM

while playing on the number one defense in the land and winning more games in 4 years than any other coach or senior class at clemson has.

they have specialty labs for the combine and batson gave them a tremendous foundation for the labs & his agent to work with...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

imagine what else he would have done if he was in this condition

Feb 22, 2015, 12:48 PM

last season. Good is the enemy of great. No reason to get so defensive because of something better.

he's not playing football he's playing a combine; it's a

Feb 22, 2015, 12:52 PM

beauty contest. he's not donning equipment, he's not asked to tackle. the labs did what they were paid to do, batson did what he was paid to do.

you seem to take offense to that, but it's ok, stoopid is the enemy of reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Analysts on TV right now wondering why Vic wasn't playing

Feb 22, 2015, 1:11 PM

at Clemson at this weight.

how do they know he wasn't?

Feb 22, 2015, 1:15 PM

Did any of those guys weigh him personally on any random day between last August and this past December?

no, but it's not unreasonable for these guys to reshape

Feb 22, 2015, 1:17 PM

their bodies with these 24/7 labs; they have these players for one purpose and that's to focus on a series of tests.

i understand how these things work

Feb 22, 2015, 1:19 PM

i don't like 81's attitude, tho

i understand and yeah, he's reading from the sts playbook.***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:23 PM

Re: i understand and yeah, he's reading from the sts playbook.***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:36 PM

Mike Mayock reads STS ?

idk, maybe. why?***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:37 PM

Thank you.***

Feb 24, 2015, 5:14 PM [ in reply to i understand and yeah, he's reading from the sts playbook.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no, but it's not unreasonable for these guys to reshape

Feb 22, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to no, but it's not unreasonable for these guys to reshape ]

So, how different are these "tests" from the drills employed by Clemson during Mat Drills, Spring Football, Summer Conditioning and Preseason camp?

most things you read say it's a matter of time, availability

Feb 22, 2015, 2:05 PM

focus and nutrition; these players are owned, 24/7. they don't play football, they don't participate in the last allstar games. the very reason vic said, thanks, but no thanks.

you find alabama players in these labs right next to clemson players; they don't discriminate.

Re: most things you read say it's a matter of time, availability

Feb 22, 2015, 7:08 PM

Then do you think the these individuals activity levels are any different over the course of each day or week then during the football season? If these people are at this for 24/7, then what is being done differently than at Clemson for these players to put on that much muscle in such a short period of time.
The point being that Vic and Grady put on significant muscle mass over the course of 6-8 weeks, something that Mr. Batson can not do over the course of a year. I would think that Mr. Batson would at lest incorporate some the techniques used by these individuals trainers during January and early February.

i did not say they were at it 24/7, they are owned 24/7

Feb 22, 2015, 7:26 PM

which is something not remotely possible by mr batson or "mr alabama" or "mr usc" or any "mr s&c coach" in the ncaa. all these programs are represented at these labs. things that make people go hmmmm...

these labs are specifically designed with one purpose and that's to show out in a series of tests. they're not playing football, they're not tackling, they dont' have 2 a days or lugging 40 lbs worth of additional equipment. they're test tube babies... welcome to modern science with no interruptions, no school work, nc2a rules concerning involvement or access or practice limits or day limits or meal limits[1 per day now, might be changing], class, vickery hall, exams... and on. my goodness, they might even throw in a college social life here and there.

plenty out there for you to read if you really care, but i can't make you do it. follow the rabbit if you wish, it's an interesting world...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-15/nfl-draft-diary-matt-kalil-says-diet-plan-makes-difference

Re: i did not say they were at it 24/7, they are owned 24/7

Feb 23, 2015, 10:32 AM

Clemson has a dietician that designs diet plans for student athletes. What are the people at these, I'll call them institutions, doing that our coaching staff, S&C staff and support staff are not?

go read. i won't suggest it again. you've been given your

Feb 23, 2015, 10:42 AM

answers and a clear path forward; either you don't care for the thought process or you have limitation(s) that don't allow you to fully understand the entirety of the issue at hand.

i'm kewl with either.

Re: go read. i won't suggest it again. you've been given your

Feb 24, 2015, 11:39 AM

This article provided no information that was already known to me except for the fact that the S&C staff at that young man's university has some of the same issues as Clemson. Clemson has a dietician that can and should provide a meal plan for each student athlete as well as having the facilities (Sports bar if you will) to provide post workout nutritional supplementation. To my knowledge, universities are restricted to providing one meal per day although that may have changed. So at worst, your nutritional argument is based on Clemson not being able to provide the daily nutritional requirements of the student athlete over and above the aforementioned.

If that is so, it's partially Mr. Batson's responsibility to impress upon the student athletes under has charge the importance of eating the correct foods and at the right time. It's also Mr. Batson's responsibility to provide examples of how the student athlete can accomplish this if in fact, they have classes back to back or other circumstances that make it "difficult" as cited by the young man who authored your cited reference. Mr. Batson may in fact do this, but it's obvious not in a fashion that could be called successful.

Mind you, this discussion doesn't address what I think is Mr. Batson's major issue and that is his philosophies pertaining to the "strength" component of his responsibilities. Yes, I do not know what the specifics of Mr. Batson's program are but I do have the opportunity to observe the results. In that, they could be much better.

On a related note, do you know if the Clemson student athletes who are currently employed by the NFL use Mr. Batson's program, the program of their respective team S&C staff or that of their personnel trainers when they return to Clemson during the off season?

On a another related note, I commend Thad Turnipseed for having the knowledge to edit the S&C videos that have been released under his purview. Thankfully, these videos do not contain footage of the absolutely horrific lifting techniques of many of the student athletes that were often included in the Don Munson produced videos.

that's not remotely all that was offered or that was there,

Feb 24, 2015, 11:53 AM

but you certainly cleared up the two possibilities to your "ignorance" that i offered and as "feared", you're limited by your preconceptions.

not that there's anything wrong with that, i like you just the way you are.

now, go return punts from inside your 10.

Well, It Took Longer Than Usual, But Eventually You

Feb 24, 2015, 3:13 PM

resorted to form. All I did was ask questions regarding, what I considered, were holes in your argument just to see if you had any reasonable and substantive answers. You didn't but you did put forth an effort for a awhile until, as usual, I backed you up against a wall and then you invoked the invectives. Have you ever considered that it's your narratives that need to be examined? I'd love for Mr. Batson to prove me wrong because it would mean that Clemson is one step closer to reaching it's potential.

you're right, i don't suffer stupidity well nor do i suffer

Feb 24, 2015, 3:40 PM

you or others wasting my time with awkwardly stated or probing questions, when the information was there and offered. if you can't put it all together, that shortcoming(s) falls on you and yours. i'm not here to hold your hand and you're well within your right to see or not see anything by choice or limitation.

you walked into this biased, which was plain to see[now and from prior experience], but i gave you an opportunity to prove me wrong; i wasn't and you didn't.

the hole(s) i've seen here is in your understanding, interpretations, your ability to comprehend or extrapolate from what's there - again that's your bias in the way, preconceptions or prejudice; i don't care which word you use.

good news though, i'll be able to enjoy the victories & the ride even with your thoughts on coach batson.

Re: go read. i won't suggest it again. you've been given your

Feb 24, 2015, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: go read. i won't suggest it again. you've been given your ]

Can you show me where any professional athlete uses a college kids work out once they turn pro? The whole point of training is to progress, doesn't seem very smart to come back and do the same work out over and over.

The beauty of this whole thing, Coach Batson will still be one of the most highly regarded coaches in the S&C industry after this thread.

When you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to be quiet.

not sure playing stupid is much of a stretch for creole...

Feb 24, 2015, 11:58 AM

some pun intended.

Re: not sure playing stupid is much of a stretch for creole...

Feb 24, 2015, 12:07 PM

I can't go back and look at everything that has been said, I'll be on here all day wondering how ppl are so ignorant. Most of the time when I read about the "problems" with the S&C staff and program, I imagine them standing in the weight room watching a team lift, then approaching Coach Batson with their issue.

Have you ever actually witnessed an entire lift at Clemson? Not a clip from a video, but an entire lift from beginning to the end? Would you be able to watch an entire lift and make an informed opinion of your own without having to read an article about what you think is wrong with the S&C staff? No. This is to creoletiger btw

Re: not sure playing stupid is much of a stretch for creole...

Feb 24, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to not sure playing stupid is much of a stretch for creole... ]

Had to be clear ab who that was to at the end, didn't want you jumping all over me

haha, i'll jump on you quicker for this explanation...

Feb 24, 2015, 12:11 PM

not necessary for me, maybe for creole; go slow with him, he's wasted enough of my time.

Re: how do they know he wasn't?

Feb 22, 2015, 1:18 PM [ in reply to how do they know he wasn't? ]

Scouts weighed him in the spring at 220 could be wrong on the date but they did weigh him

haha, not what they said. they understand completely what

Feb 22, 2015, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Analysts on TV right now wondering why Vic wasn't playing ]

the labs do, they're wondering if he can play at that weight and maintain it. he has not been playing football and it's why many of the combine invites pass on the late season all star games so they can focus on a fashion show.

Re: Analysts on TV right now wondering why Vic wasn't playing

Feb 22, 2015, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Analysts on TV right now wondering why Vic wasn't playing ]

They also wanna know what weight he was at the start of the year and could he keep that weight the whole season .

You saw different analysts then I did

Feb 22, 2015, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Analysts on TV right now wondering why Vic wasn't playing ]

because the ones that I saw while is was running his 40 admitted to it being fake weight and they questioned if he could maintain it.

Re: You saw different analysts then I did

Feb 22, 2015, 6:12 PM

No idea what "fake weight " is but Vic will put on more weight before the season starts .

Analyst are just mouth pieces that love to hear themselves

Feb 22, 2015, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Analysts on TV right now wondering why Vic wasn't playing ]

talk. Consensus 1st team All-American junior and senior years thanks to all the coaches including Batson.

Re: he's not playing football he's playing a combine; it's a

Feb 22, 2015, 6:43 PM [ in reply to he's not playing football he's playing a combine; it's a ]

Yes, the labs did a good job.

Did Vic get to work out all day while at Clemson?

Feb 22, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Did Vic work with Batson the last 7 weeks as he put on the ]

I don't think so, he had to go to class and study.

Re: Did Vic get to work out all day while at Clemson?

Feb 22, 2015, 1:50 PM

Beasley was here for what like 5 years RS SR ? Plenty of time in the weight room but couldn't add the weight why ?

proper "supplementation"***

Feb 22, 2015, 2:02 PM

give it up troll, a college athlete doesn't have a personal

Feb 22, 2015, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Vic get to work out all day while at Clemson? ]

trainer and all day to work out while in college

All in 52
Aficionado [150]
Joined 4 years ago
TigerPulse: 99%

Feb 22, 2015, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Vic get to work out all day while at Clemson? ]

Because he didn't have access to the best peanut butter at Clem.

Linemen take time to develop from college playing

Feb 22, 2015, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Vic get to work out all day while at Clemson? ]

weight and shape to a pro level. The 24/7 references to workouts and conditioning are for real. In college, these kids have many other obligations in addition to being a football player, on top of limits imposed on time spent with athletics by the NCAA. Did you read Villani's comment about Vic only getting four hours sleep per day as part of the combine peak performance regimen? That kind of opportunity doesn't exist in any college program and never will - it's a different ballgame.

Because he's a legitimate freak, instead of a year to get to a target measurements level, he managed it only two months. Also keep in mind what he was training for since the bowl game - speed, weight, and strength for a handful of simple, rudimentary tasks. Not technique, tackling, coverage, pursuit, game planning, team drills, etc. on top of conditioning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Did Vic get to work out all day while at Clemson? ]

He did add weight....

null

Feb 22, 2015, 6:20 PM

Nothing against Batson at all but it sounds like Vic's transformation in power and speed is a result of working with Tony Villani. He has trained many of the NFL's top players and has a great reputation. He's also a Clemson graduate.

Feb 22, 2015, 6:29 PM

i find it amazing that some people can not realize what you can do in 8 weeks when all you do is work out for 8 hours a day 7 days a week instead of going to class, practicing football and other school related things. every person that is dedicated can do exactly what vic did. tyler grisham did exactly the same thing.

Feb 22, 2015, 6:57 PM

I agree with you if you get the right trainer and put in the work. That's why I said "nothing against Batson at all". I was just pointing out that this particular change was due to the trainer he chose and the work he put in. I wasn't bashing the strength and conditioning program at Clemson at all. Just wanted to give credit to a Clemson graduate who has trained players like Jacoby Ford, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, Jamal Lewis, Hines Ward, Takeo Spikes and Osi Umenyoria to name a few.
Tony went to Clemson when I was there and I'm just proud of what he has accomplished. Andre Ellington, Martavis Bryant and Bashaud Breeland train there also.

Feb 22, 2015, 7:05 PM

I'm not saying fire Batson. I see this as a nutrition problem

mmhm & hopefully after being requested for how many years it

Feb 22, 2015, 7:09 PM

will be completely addressed with more to come.

i thought i read somewhere the nc2a will allow more than 1 meal a day provided by "football"? or at least it will be tabled in their upcoming meetings. that's a huge hole in the process.

Re: mmhm & hopefully after being requested for how many years it

Feb 22, 2015, 7:14 PM

Thought I read you can get around the 1 meal per day if the training table is open for all students .

maybe, cost might be prohibitive and still, the nutritionist

Feb 22, 2015, 7:35 PM

must be supplying the individual information which will hopefully start showing benes in the seasons to come. i don't know all the access rules, but i'm sure they exist.

also, you can't tuck them in at night. another piece that is missing is where the coaches want the players to be. out the mouth of one of the best in the business and some insight into the staffs onfield demands/expectations for performance-play style...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oRJQgkRbfhU

brooks talks about watson coming back for his final year and some advice josh got from outside the program. it follows after the 1:40 mark...

Feb 22, 2015, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Fire Batson!!!! ]

I could be wrong. But, I find it hard to believe any of these people that is talking against the S & C Program as well as talking about firing Baston has never played college football w/ weight training. If so, it would be easily comprehended and self explanatory. They must have a personal or mental reason for not liking the way the S & C Program is running. Keep producing and tranforming high profile athletes for CLEMSON and the COMBINE "BASTON". PS: ALL-IN PLAYERS, PRESENT, AND FUTURE RECRUITS. YOU COULD BE NEXT!

I know, our Peters couled only do 7! A Coot

Feb 22, 2015, 11:50 PM

Peter may get 1 on his best day, and that may be "forced". ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2015, 8:37 PM

> Vic just running a 4.53 while repping 225# 35 times
> shows just how poor of a job Batson is doing.

Let me get this right. Batson trained Beasley for 4 years. He is and has been for some time the strongest guy on the team. He beat Grady in reps. Our offensive and defensive lines are comparatively small but have routinely won in the trenches, game after game. (Ask Oklahoma offensive and defensive lines how strong Clemson's lines were).

Batson trained the no. 1 defense in all the land that also led, coincidentally, all other teams in TFL's. That comes from sheer power.

And you want to fire him?

We thank the good Lord in heaven every day that YOU are not in charge of coaching personnel.

Go Tigers!

felix my friend, i think LKN was having a sarcastic moment..

Feb 24, 2015, 8:44 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16898856#16898856

;)

he was having a poke at the ne're do wells - they know who they are.

Re: felix my friend, i think LKN was having a sarcastic moment..

Feb 24, 2015, 8:52 PM

Thanks Deadsol....I guess I walked right into that.

Sometimes my smartification gets the best of me. :)

Go Tigers!

1 jar PB & 8 hrs of workouts - impressive gains

Feb 24, 2015, 9:39 PM

Interesting and impressive to see work that Clemson alum trainer has achieved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic