Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson contract talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Deshaun Watson contract talk

Feb 29, 2020, 9:22 AM

https://clutchpoints.com/texans-news-deshaun-watson-wont-give-houston-hometown-discount-on-contract-extension/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson contract talk

Feb 29, 2020, 9:44 AM

Watson should absolutely NOT give anything away. If Watson wasn't performing Houston would make no bones about cutting him so yeah Deshaun get what you're worth. Watson is going to get a massive contract. It won't be Mahommes money but it'll be close. As a matter of fact I think Mahommes will wait until after Deshaun signs his to have fire power to get a historical contract. I look for Watson and Mahommes to be the highest paid players in the NFL. Houston hasn't been winning because if that putrid defense that's for sure. Watson holds all the chips.

Bentley’s ain’t free Baby!

Feb 29, 2020, 11:46 AM

Stack that paper High DW4!

Why would he give a discount on his first chance at a big contract?

Do they just figure since he is philanthropic that he is also an idiot?

Pay up McClain and your coot family.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this"Clutchpoints" anyway? Reliable in any way?

Feb 29, 2020, 10:13 AM

If you look further down the page at other "articles" they have one saying the Patriots have a blockbuster trade deal for Tom Brady. How old must that be if he is a free agent?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is this"Clutchpoints" anyway? Reliable in any way?

Feb 29, 2020, 11:33 AM

Walt said yesterday that someone reported the Raiders had a 2 yr / $65M offer on the table for Brady. That's just crazy stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 29, 2020, 10:38 AM

He better, because after this draft not many teams won't have their man already.

Feb 29, 2020, 11:00 AM

The Texans have no choice but to pay him full market price.

DW4 is so popular in this town, fans will burn down Reliant stadium if they feel the franchise is being unfair to him. The Texans risk losing their legitimacy locally if this isn't resolved amicably. More than ever, they need DW4 happy and out in the open carrying their flag.

People are really ticked off about BOB, to the point of disgust. The team should really tell BOB to stop giving interviews and making public statements.

Publicly, DW4 is the Texans. Period. Hope they are smart enough to realize that.

(Obviously the "burn down" comment was not literal).

Feb 29, 2020, 12:26 PM

Deshaun is going to make more money that he could have dreamed of as a child. He and his family will definitely be more than set for life. Good for him.

OTOH, what he is not set for life on is championships. I have some real questions about whether Houston can put a team in place that can win championships.

Now if Deshaun is convinced that they can win championships, then he might want to take less money to try to help the team land the talent they need to do that.

However, If Deshaun doesn't think that they are smart enough or committed enough to win championships, then I would encourage him to play out his contract and go to an organization that is.

He is going to have beaucoup money no matter what he does, but what does he need to become a champion, that's the question.

Feb 29, 2020, 2:24 PM

If the Texans don't give DW what he is worth, there are many
teams that will. I believe that they will pay him a huge sum,
he deserves it. Good luck DW.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2020, 2:29 PM

DW4 already “paid his dues”... it’s somebody else’s turn in the NFL now!

SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!$$$

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic