Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Demise of LSU’s season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,225

Demise of LSU’s season

Oct 10, 2020, 5:41 PM

I used to wish Dabo would allow transfers into the program. I think LSU’s problems show why it’s better to develop your own players rather than depending on transfers to put you over the top. I’d rather be consistent than going through what they are.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Demise of LSU’s season

Oct 10, 2020, 5:55 PM

If LSU can rent a player whenever the Natty is in NOLA to get the win, corndogs would go for it every time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 10, 2020, 6:16 PM

No no no to transfers. It is a prime indicator your program is in difficulty.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2020, 6:38 PM

Miami has a bus load,they got from the transfer portal*** will get to see how that works out tonight**

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2020, 6:45 PM

Orgeron gonna Orgeron.

He is who we thought he is. 58-39 for his career, Won less than 60% of his games. Fired by Miami for being drunk and disorderly and charged with harassment by a woman who did not want to be his girlfriend. Fired by Ole Miss for a deplorable record. Interim at Southern Cal for part of one year, then not re-hired. Divorced by his wife in Feburary 2020, less than 2 months after winning a Natty.

Yep, he beat us. And yes, I do not like him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2020, 6:51 PM

Dabo’s way seems to deliver consistent excellence, so I’m not going to complain.

I could see however there could be a situation that arises in the future where we have a desperate need at a position - maybe a couple players transferred, another was injured and decided to give up football, and add in a few recruiting misses that it may be reasonable to take a transfer.

Maybe a guy we initially recruited but he chose a different school and one where Dabo and staff already felt good about the transfers character and ability to adapt to the Clemson culture.

I think it would be a rare exception but I wouldn’t want to completely close the door to the portal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic