Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Clemson basketball apologists
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Deer Clemson basketball apologists

Jan 5, 2016, 9:44 AM

Please explain to me how VPI can hire Buzz Williams away from Marquette(for less money after 1 meh season), but we won't be able to get a good coach?

LJ is nicer than Cassell and VT wishes they had our basketball tradition.

Our attendance averaged 2674 higher than VT last year.

Buzz only makes 2.2 mil/yr. while Brownells deal will escalate to 2 mil/yr. by the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Deer Clemson basketball apologists***

Jan 5, 2016, 9:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Please define. .. apologists

Jan 5, 2016, 9:48 AM

Need to know if I am one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Please define. .. apologists

Jan 5, 2016, 9:50 AM

Those that want to blame everyone(fans, admin) and everything(facilities) except brownell for how bad we've been(and yes I'm fully aware that we played well and beat FSU)....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Deer Clemson basketball apologists

Jan 5, 2016, 9:51 AM

please inform us why you are b!tching about bball on this week of all weeks for gods sake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because VPI just won a big game

Jan 5, 2016, 9:56 AM

something our team has yet to do. That certainly makes the timing and comparison appropriate.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

that's not fair, vpi is probably still drunk in year 2

Jan 5, 2016, 9:58 AM

of hiring buzz williams; just wait 'till year 6 and the hangover sets in... that'll learn em.

Re: Deer Clemson basketball apologists

Jan 5, 2016, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Clemson basketball apologists ]

another informative post from derp.

I posted on the basketball board. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE CLEMSON BASKETBALL POSTS THEN DON'T GO TO THE BASKETBALL BOARD....

Quite simple derp....

quit your whining... it's embarrassing***

Jan 5, 2016, 10:29 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: quit your whining... it's embarrassing***

Jan 5, 2016, 10:30 AM

thank you epidummy for that most insightful post....

Also, link to me whining?

lik? every time you hit the keyboard about Brownell

Jan 5, 2016, 10:35 AM

nm

Re: lik? every time you hit the keyboard about Brownell

Jan 5, 2016, 10:39 AM

I "lik" every time I hit the keyboard about brownell?

so asking a simple question to you apologists of why you don't think we can hire a decent coach yet VT can is whining? I'd love to hear that explanation...

Not sure 1 game means Williams is a good coach

Jan 5, 2016, 10:54 AM

Nice win vs UVa, but VT is only 10-5, with an ugly loss to Alabama State to open the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure 1 game means Williams is a good coach

Jan 5, 2016, 11:17 AM

And we're 8-6 without a signature win....

Brownell has never beaten a top 5 team while at Clemson.

He's also out recruited Brownell while at VT even though Brownell has had much longer to get his footing.

Buzz Williams is a very good coach and his track record proves that.

Jan 5, 2016, 12:17 PM

You don't know anything about their recruits. He's improved their team through transfers, which *surprise surprise* is exactly what will improve our team next year.

Beating an NCAA Tournament team is a pretty good win.

Jan 5, 2016, 12:23 PM

You don't recruit transfers???

Also, they've had better HS recruiting classes the last 2 years as well. HTH

But hey keep on waiting til next year for brownell to turn it around.

That's worked so well for us to this point.

the transfers sneak over the fence when no one's looking.***

Jan 5, 2016, 12:25 PM

Re: the transfers sneak over the fence when no one's looking.***

Jan 5, 2016, 12:27 PM

trump aint gonna like this

some one will has to polish the new hard woods...

Jan 5, 2016, 12:34 PM

it's too big a job for bob alone.

It could never be too big for me..

Jan 5, 2016, 12:36 PM

a job I mean.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

and who doesn't has the admire...

Jan 5, 2016, 1:08 PM

for bob's can do spirit?

Jan 5, 2016, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure 1 game means Williams is a good coach ]

The point was that Brownell has recruited transfers as well (arguably better players), yet you'll give him no credit like you do Buzz Williams.

Jan 5, 2016, 1:10 PM

What am I not giving him credit for?

Transfers that currently aren't eligible to play?

HAY BUDDY YOU KNOW WHAT'S EMBARASSING?

Jan 5, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to quit your whining... it's embarrassing*** ]

TIGER HOOPS.

Put that in your keyboard and stroke it.

Timing...simple as that***

Jan 5, 2016, 12:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Clemson is going to beat Syracuse 2nite

Jan 5, 2016, 1:21 PM

Got this gut feeling ... and no, its not that burrito I had for lunch

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Call***

Jan 6, 2016, 5:52 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The issue isn't whether Clemson can hire a great bball coach.

Jan 6, 2016, 11:35 PM

The issue is whether Clemson is committed to doing so. I am optimistic that with the facility improvements, the administration is finally supporting basketball like it is a priority. Should we be in the market for a new coach, my hope is that we put up the money for a proven winner rather than doing it "on the cheap."

Clemson has only been viewed as a stepping stone job because Clemson doesn't historically support it consistently. By paying more in salaries, keeping facilities state-of-the-art, and having good fan support - and doing these things consistently - we will not only be a football school, but a basketball school as well. And we will be very successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic