Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deep Three with T.O.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Deep Three with T.O.

Mar 5, 2020, 1:38 PM

I have noticed a trend lately with Oglesby's articles on TNET.

He typically lays out 3-5 things that our team must do to win the upcoming game.

After the game he says what happened in the game.

Our recent wins have included performances that have seemed like the players were reading down TO's article as they were playing the game. Almost exact copies of his suggestions.

In our recent losses we have taken an approach that is in direct contrast to his pregame keys to winning, almost to the point of being the exact opposite approach that he suggests.

My reason for saying this is to say that he obviously knows our team very well and knows what makes us successful on a game-to-game basis.

In our losses, do the coaches not see the same things that TO sees beforehand, or are the players going against the pregame gameplan and doing their own thing in games where we struggle?

Obviously it's easy to say things like shoot well and you win, but TO's pregame articles are much more detailed on exactly how to go about winning and I don't understand how he can see it so clearly but our team or coaches do not recognize his path to success.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

creative subject line T.O.

Mar 5, 2020, 2:20 PM

I really haven't read his post but will tomorrow.

Do you thing T.O. may be a head coach one day?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: creative subject line T.O.

Mar 5, 2020, 2:43 PM

There is so much involved in being a college basketball coach besides just knowing the game.

I have no idea how he would be as a recruiter, how is would do working with other coaches and players, and many other aspects of being an NCAA head coach.

From what I gather from his articles, he would be an amazing asset from a gameplanning standpoint for any coaching staff at any level.

Mar 5, 2020, 2:56 PM

all of that is well said. A lot of sports writers/announcers make a lot of sense on "paper" and wouldn't probably know how to even coach a team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 7:04 PM

Dicky V!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to creative subject line T.O. ]

If TO was our BB HC, I don't think it could get any worse than we are now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deep Three with T.O.

Mar 5, 2020, 2:44 PM

T.O would be a welcomed change at head coach. He has the fire and determination!

Re: Deep Three with T.O.

Mar 5, 2020, 3:52 PM

When guys are throwing up bricks behind the 3 point arch with plenty of time left on the shot clock and missing most of them, they are doing their own thing IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic