Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Mullen Calls For Sold Out Swamp! *my commentary*
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dan Mullen Calls For Sold Out Swamp! *my commentary*

Oct 12, 2020, 12:38 PM

So, instead of taking the loss at Texas A&M and saying, "we have things we need to work on"! Or "they were the better team"! And maybe he did say these things okay. Perhaps he did; but I don't care! Because what he ultimately said was, "their crowd was a big factor in the outcome of the game today and because of that I want you to ignore your safety and pack our home stadium against LSU"! I know the Florida Governor has opened everything up; I get that.
But, Coach Mullen please be aware though the crowd at College Station was nice for a Covid19 crowd it was nothing like it usually is. Clemson played a "Night game" there with a crowd that neared a record in attendance(wasn't a record). Kellen Mond had a once in a life time game against Clemson too. But, Clemson went there at night and won the game! No excuses!

This is why I don't worry too much about Florida! He did off beat and puzzling stuff at Mississippi State as well. Though expectations were not as high as they are in Florida.
I think this sends the wrong message to your team. Do any of you agree or disagree with that? I just don't think the players will understand - "it wasn't just the crowd being big that cost us the game" with what he is focusing on.

SMH! I thought Mullen was better than that!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30086792/florida-gators-dan-mullen-wants-full-crowd-swamp-vs-lsu-tigers

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Mullen Calls For Sold Out Swamp! *my commentary*

Oct 12, 2020, 12:41 PM

COVID rules have been over in Florida for a while now in FL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 12:44 PM

Doc Diesel said:

COVID rules have been over in Florida for a while now in FL

I know. I did throw that Covid 19 part in the mix. But, my point was more about Coach Mullen not giving the opponent credit. And, not addressing his team on things they need to fix. Instead, he focused on "The Crowd"!

The Crowd at College Station didn't block, tackle or execute.

Oct 12, 2020, 1:04 PM

Honestly, the chance that Clemson plays Florida this season approaches zero. So who cares?

Mullen will cycle out of Gainesville in a couple of years and another shleprock will cycle in.

Oct 12, 2020, 12:43 PM

What happens when there’s no Covid and Florida has to play in a stadium with more than 50,000 opposing fans. He’s admitted they can’t handle that. They’re screwed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 12, 2020, 12:47 PM

What happens when there’s no Covid and Florida has to play in a stadium with more then 50,000 opposing fans. He’s admitted they can’t handle that. They’re screwed.

I agree! I can remember early when some of the regular reporters would ask Dabo about stuff like this. "He goes see worrying about stuff like that is why you aren't consistent; we have to worry about Clemson and everything else will take care of itself"! Then went on to basically (paraphrasing) why are you asking me about something like that! Worry about your team Coach Mullen.

He has put the administration in a bad position.

Oct 12, 2020, 12:46 PM

If the administration listens to him and allows a sold out stadium, then it makes the coach appear bigger than the school. It also opens up the school for significant criticism if there are COVID-19 issues as a result.

If the administration doesn't change its policy, then it opens itself up to criticism that it doesn't support its coach.

Mullen was a real idiot for making such a ridiculous "demand" on national television. As others have stated, he should've been a man and congratulated Texas A&M for the win while stating that he and his staff will work hard to make the team better. Any requests he had of the Florida administration should've been handled privately.

Rule #1 in being a head coach is don't publicly criticize/complain about your bosses. The Danny Ford situation at Clemson was a great example of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He has put the administration in a bad position.

Oct 12, 2020, 12:57 PM

UF has publicly shut Mullen's idea down.

I’ll agree that he should have spoken his mind privately to the admin.

Oct 12, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to He has put the administration in a bad position. ]

In my opinion, that was his mistake.

In regards to thinking we could and should allow stadiums to be full, I believe Mullen is right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to He has put the administration in a bad position. ]

THE GOVERNOR SAID STADIUMS COULD GO TO 100%. WHY NOT DO IT. COLLEGES AND PRO TEAMS ARE LOSING MONEY HAND OVER FIST.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to He has put the administration in a bad position. ]

I guess for him the chain of command only goes in one direction. Could you imagine if one of his players mouthed off to the media about something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 12:57 PM

I know people have different opinions on the virus and if stadiums should be packed or empty. I just find it interesting that he publicly put his administration on the spot like that.

Oct 12, 2020, 1:01 PM

I dont know where you ever got he was better than that. Thee guy is a bozo and goof ball. Cares about only himself obviously. Tone deaf.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 2:02 PM

The "Home of the 12th Man" is a tough place to play, and Florida's defense has not looked great this year. Bad combo for UF! Sure their O looks pretty good, but if they don't figure out defensive play, they'll lose at least a couple more games this year.

Oct 12, 2020, 3:41 PM

Texas A&M where lucky to win because the refs where brutal to them on several tough calls and spotting of the ball. They wanted the gators to win for sure!

Bowman will find it tough at Florida as well, I wish him the best but he should have stuck it out.

I’m thankful we recruited very well at RB! Travis ETN’s brother hopefully comes to Clemson too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 12, 2020, 6:02 PM

Texas A&M where lucky to win because the refs where brutal to them on several tough calls and spotting of the ball. They wanted the gators to win for sure!

Bowman will find it tough at Florida as well, I wish him the best but he should have stuck it out.

I’m thankful we recruited very well at RB! Travis ETN’s brother hopefully comes to Clemson too!

I love how you are talking! Having Travis's brother come here would be awesome.

You wonder if Bowman wanted to change his mind "again" and come back if Dabo would be cool with it? I kind of see where some people might have an issue; but given the circumstances behind his decision to leave; it would be interesting to what would happen. The NCAA is not being it's usual self this season so getting back to Clemson wouldn't be an issue.
Just wondering out loud.

I agree with you it did seem like A&M was getting some tough calls against them.

Mullen should just say: "they out played us"! Hey, if they beat Georgia and Alabama they are still in there.

See also Bama saying Ole Miss knew their signals

Oct 12, 2020, 4:29 PM

Change your signals then or just say they made some good plays. I think whiney is a prerequisite for coaching in $ec.

Re: See also Bama saying Ole Miss knew their signals

Oct 12, 2020, 6:05 PM

Change your signals then or just say they made some good plays. I think whiney is a prerequisite for coaching in $ec.

Exactly! The Alabama Crying Tired. . . . . the last time they played Clemson and got spanked it was: "they are using plays other people have used so they are copy-catting us"! Uh, Ah, well Nikki Satan - that should mean you know exactly what to do then to stop it.

Full of excuses "and other stuff"!

In the vineyard, we call that "Sour Grapes."

Oct 12, 2020, 7:42 PM

I will break out the worlds smallest violin, playing the worlds saddest song, just for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the vineyard, we call that "Sour Grapes."

Jul 30, 2019, 6:17 PM

76er® said:

I will break out the worlds smallest violin, playing the worlds saddest song, just for him.

LOL! 76er you remember Clemson's last trip to College Station? Not only was there over a hundred thousand in attendance. But, it was also raining! Yes, Dan Mullen, it was raining and A&M was the home team and yes - Clemson left with a win!

He all but put the whole reason they lost on the crowd.

While you are getting the worlds' smallest violin ready and tuned up. I will get the cheese. LOL!

Meant to add. Refs forgot what HOLDING was

Oct 12, 2020, 7:48 PM

I had almost forgot about all the non-holding penalties the refs let them get away with in that game. I couldn't let this one go w/o mentioning that. It was over the top bad!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic