Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabos problem is his white privilege
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Dabos problem is his white privilege

Sep 15, 2016, 10:21 AM

Oh whats that? He had to deal with an acholic father? Domestic Violence in the home? His parents divorced? His family home went into foreclosure? Lived in motels? Evicted bc they couldnt pay rent? Bunked with his mom in college? Was saved by a Discover credit card from having to drop out of college? How dare someone born woth a silver spoon in their mouth lecture us!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare you add to the conversation with an opinion

Sep 15, 2016, 10:53 AM

different than mine. /s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Please dont have the GSG scold me

Sep 15, 2016, 11:59 AM

Lol

Oh the irony . . .

Sep 15, 2016, 11:07 AM

that all these African American pontificators (including Nuk!) are dismissing Dabo opinion because he has not walked in their shoes. Well, who the hell as walked in your shoes? Have they walked in Dabo's shoes? He is a self made man, who made the Alabama Football at WR (think about that). Don't even get me started on how he was dismissed by teammates and defenders BUT he still overcame those longs odds and overachieved! Nuk's unfortunate incident in school was not handled correctly by the principal. The Principal have reprimanded the ignorant child. Two wrongs (Principal and the student) don't make it right - Never WILL! RESPECT his opinion!

need to create space for playmakers

Sep 15, 2016, 12:01 PM

short turnaround until gt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Looks like someone got his bubble gang chain email

Sep 15, 2016, 12:03 PM

Lame.

owned***

Sep 15, 2016, 12:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

In a word, FAIL!

Sep 15, 2016, 12:14 PM

jet sweep would do damage***

Sep 15, 2016, 12:15 PM

Re: Dabos problem is his white privilege

Sep 15, 2016, 12:02 PM

Everyone thinks they're special and they are, but it doesn't entitle them to handouts. The only problem with people is they think they aren't supposed to have problems.

I keep hearing about this white privilege thing but

Sep 15, 2016, 12:20 PM

I have yet to here where I go to apply for it. Do I go to the same Place where the Welfare Queens go to apply for their Government Assistance?

Re: Dabos problem is his white privilege

Sep 15, 2016, 12:27 PM

I really hope our OL blocks bette rthis weekend.

We need to see improvement from them.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

In a word, Agreed

Sep 15, 2016, 12:59 PM

and no more...

Sep 15, 2016, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabos problem is his white privilege ]

Incidental flips of the football near the GOLD line on punt returns!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He still looks like whte guy.

Sep 15, 2016, 1:11 PM

It is easier being white. A lot of us have been through a lot in our youth, but we don't have to deal with the racism that black people have to deal with. It would have been harder for Dabo to get where he is now had he been black. That's almost a given. I love Dabo and we all respect what he has overcame, but being a white male in this country is a benefit.

Yeah, white WRs have it easy

Sep 15, 2016, 1:16 PM

And never suffer racism...

Yeah, he would be the HC at Clemson had he been black.

Sep 15, 2016, 1:19 PM

Doubtful

So he was hired bc hes white? Wow

Sep 15, 2016, 1:26 PM

Dabo was hired bc of his hard work and determination. He could have easily gave up and got hooked on the bottle. He could have given up football altogether bc he had less opportunities being a white WR. His skin color didnt get him jack in this life. Hes responsible for his success. Period.

You're naive.

Sep 15, 2016, 1:36 PM

It's easier for a white guy in this world. It's tough for anyone to get where Dabo is. Dabo is the man. It would be harder for a black guy. You're underexposed, naive, ignorant, or just in denial.

I am ignorant to how its easier

Sep 15, 2016, 1:43 PM

Please enlighten me. Please tell me how easy it is for a white males to get into college or a job when they arent preferred.

I will try.

Sep 15, 2016, 1:58 PM

Getting into college is one thing. Life after college is another. You live in one strange world if you haven't realized that by now. Racism is real my friend, even if it isn't always overt. I have friends that are real estate developers and own dozens upon dozens of properties that try not to rent to black people. I know people that would never hire a black guy for certain positions. It's sad but some people are still like that. It's getting better, but it is real. You really think it would have been just as easy for a black guy to become the head coach at Clemson as a white guy? You won't live long enough to see a black HC at Clemson running our football team. Moreover, I run in different circles than you do, but I see and hear the racism all the time at the country club. Where I am from people don't trust black people unless they are a professional athlete or something. I can honestly say that my life would have been harder had I been black. I wouldn't have near the contacts I have. It is easier to be a white guy in he USA than a black guy. Does that mean black people can't achieve anything they want? No. It's just easier for some of us than others. That is just basic reality. There are benefits of being a white male. It doesn't guarantee us anything, but it is easier.

How do you know what kind of circles I run in?

Sep 15, 2016, 2:08 PM

And everything you just stated was your opinion based on your experience. Doesnt make it a general fact. And never did I say racism wasnt alive and kicking. I just dont believe its geared more towards one race than another. I can def see Elliott becoming our HC one day....

Fair enough..

Sep 15, 2016, 2:23 PM

I don't know you. That is true. As far as Elliot, you may be correct about that. I could also see that one day and not be shocked. It probably won't happen, but you make a valid point. Good point. I will grant you that. The rest of what I stated is fact. As a matter of fact, it is much worse than what I stated. Anyway, we will just agree to disagree. You see little to no racism and think a black male and a white male have the exact same existence. I know I had it easier and that generally a black guy wouldn't have thrived where I grew up. I know I hear racist comments almost weekly. I know people I am around and their attitudes towards black people. It's sad, but I tune it out. I guess it is all what our experiences were and our background. Anyway, have a good day. We should just make this a football board.

Re: You're naive.

Sep 15, 2016, 2:50 PM [ in reply to You're naive. ]

White people have a easier time getting along in this current age because of decisions their ancestors made 40,000 years ago.
People who have been living in the wood and stone ages until recently definitely have a hard time adjusting to and accepting and finding acceptance in thi s modern age.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic