Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's Ladies' Clinic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 4,791

Dabo's Ladies' Clinic

Jul 22, 2018, 7:46 PM

I spent the day yesterday at Dabo's Ladies' Clinic. I had the time of my life! It was very well run with thought given to every detail. There were 3000 ladies gathered in Littlejohn and everyone had the opportunity to have their picture made with Dabo. The assistant coaches were all there, as were their wives. The asst, coaches were available for pictures and autographs. There were presentations by the offensive and defensive coordinators that included audience participation, as well as presentations about recruiting and nutrition. A good many players were there and roamed the crowds and were available for autographs and pictures. They all seemed truly happy to be there and seemed to be having a good time. All breast cancer survivors were invited down to the floor of Littlejohn where Dabo made a presentation of a $100,000 check to buy a new mammography machine for Oconne County and a check for $250,000 for a mammography bus that travels around. Holly Rowe from ESPN spoke and was awesome. Tours were given of the football complex and everyone had the chance to run down the hill. I have never been more proud to be a Clemson Tiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this you?

Jul 22, 2018, 7:52 PM

Glad you had fun.

Re: Is this you?

Jul 22, 2018, 8:59 PM

Hey Ringknocker. Are a West Point graduate? I served with a few Ringknockers in Korea.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No - I was ROTC at Clemson and had a roommate

Jul 22, 2018, 9:20 PM

that called us ringknocker wannabes so I picked the handle as sort of flipping the bird at him.
He introduced me to t-net.

Re: No - I was ROTC at Clemson and had a roommate

Jul 22, 2018, 10:06 PM

Well done. My Col. in Korea was a Ringknocker. We had an emergency requisition for a critical item and Pusan Depot said they didn’t have it. I told him that I had a Clemson buddy there and would call him. My Tiger friend said that they did in fact have it and to pick it up the next morning at the train station in Seaul.The Col said “ You Clemson guys may have a better network than we do”. I smiled and said,”You got that right”.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No - I was ROTC at Clemson and had a roommate

Jul 22, 2018, 10:21 PM

Neat story.

Re: Is this you?

Jul 23, 2018, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Is this you? ]

This is a photo from Saturday taken while standing in line for a pic with Dabo. My nephew graduated from West Point and will not wear his ring because he does not want to be known as a ring knocker.

holy crap

Jul 23, 2018, 10:24 AM

that ring could cause permanent damage if you wore it all the time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Dabo's Ladies' Clinic

Jul 22, 2018, 9:28 PM

Love it. All players and coaches had a very positive attitude. As one of the survivors (10 years in Nov), it brought tears to my eyes to see so many others that have survived this dreaded disease. We represent all those have fought the battle who did not survive. Now thanks to people like Dabo so many more people primarily women survive. God Bless Dabo and Kathleen and everyone else that gave a day of their time for the ladies of SC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 4,791
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic