Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo needs to put an end to this Marijuana problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dabo needs to put an end to this Marijuana problem

Mar 16, 2016, 10:59 PM

too many at Clemson getting caught with it guys!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo needs to put an end to this Marijuana problem

Mar 16, 2016, 11:00 PM

I'm not sure if you just aren't familiar with current college life but that's like asking Dabo to get rid of alcohol or for kids to stop having sex. It's simply not going to happen.

Mar 16, 2016, 11:29 PM

Yep. As much as we want to see our players stop doing stuff like that its just not going to happen. If anything, our society should just stop taking marijuana so seriously but im not going to get started on that discussion...everyone knows what it is and what it does to you.

This is true. I can't put a number on it, but I'm confident

Mar 16, 2016, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo needs to put an end to this Marijuana problem ]

the vast majority of college aged kids have smoked weed more than once. Regular use is pretty common. Of course Dabo can't tolerate it as long as it's illegal, nor should he. These athletes have to understand what's on the line and make smart choices whether they agree with it or not, and no matter what everybody else is doing. Having said that, it's not the weed that concerns me - it's the pills. I know that's fairly common too, but that's a whole other problem that's potentially on a different level in my opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That's true

Mar 16, 2016, 11:47 PM

But if they are doing pain killers/opiates, yeah you definitely need to be concerned but vyvanse or adderall don't cause the problems pain killers do imo.

No, they don't but c'mon, he's got no business

Mar 17, 2016, 12:11 AM

with those either. And the Xanax on top of that, the whole picture looks bad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 16, 2016, 11:01 PM

I wouldn't say it's a problem what 3 or 4 players have been busted in the last 10 years.

Mar 16, 2016, 11:09 PM

I think Dabo has proven over the years that he knows how to handle it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2016, 11:15 PM

And he expects it to happen, and that is why recruiting top players pays off. Lose one, and another just as good wanting the starting job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The players are a reflection of society

Mar 16, 2016, 11:35 PM

They receive mixed messages from our leaders and politicians

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The signal from Dabo and the university is very clear,

Mar 16, 2016, 11:44 PM

and that's the one they need to pay attention to.

- H. L. Mencken

Mar 17, 2016, 12:30 AM

Irony- only way for Dabo to put an end to it would be to legalize it nationally. These kids are smoking more because they have the entire weight of Clemson Nation on their shoulders and it's a lot. Sammy was expected to be our Savior, many so called Tiger Fans on here have said Deon lost us the Natty and he has to live with it forever, Jameis, Johnny...the list goes on. Leave them alone, let them handle their issues and I promise the team will perform better.

Mar 17, 2016, 5:30 AM

LOL for anyone to say Cain cost us the natty simply doesn't know football. We put up 40 and lost. There are reasons we lost that game and one of them wasn't Cain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College kid on Spring Break.....

Mar 17, 2016, 12:50 AM

Not much in Dabo's control on this one.

Huge number of Clemson football players been smoking

Mar 17, 2016, 6:55 AM

since the 70s. I don't think that's going to change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2016, 7:06 AM

Signed,

The DEA, States that have legalized it, and Coot fans everywhere.

Look up D1 Football programs and see where Clemson is ranked with regards to marijuana arrests and I suspect its close to the bottom of the list. Clemson has a LOT less problems and arrests than most D1 (South Carolina, I'm talking to you) programs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic