Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did the lack of a "rant" hurt us this week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 857

Did the lack of a "rant" hurt us this week?

Oct 19, 2015, 9:24 AM

Two weeks ago, Dabo made his famous BYOG "rant" after the ND win. He went on to make his "lugubrious" comments in his presser and on national TV. The media loved it, and we soared in the polls.

Last week Dabo made his famous "rant" about "the word" that we will not repeat. Again, the media loved it, & again we soared in the AP poll. There is no denying that we can thank Dabo for this, more so than the win over GT.

This week we expect more of the same, but... crickets. In return, the AP drops us to number 6, even though we hung 500 + yards on the best D in all of college football. Let that sink in, THE #1 D IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, AND WE HUNG 500+ YARDS ON THEM. Yet, we drop in the AP poll. How can any writer defend that?

I understand that there is a lot of football left to play, and these things tend to work themselves out. With that said, hopefully Dabo is working on a good rant for this weekend. Even if we lose, I think the right rant could keep us in the playoff conversation.

Go Tigers!
Beat Miami!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

dabo is the mouth piece of the program so it's important

Oct 19, 2015, 9:25 AM

that he brings his A game each and every week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's obvious we need every advantage we can get... sadly

Oct 19, 2015, 9:41 AM

it seems Dabo doesn't see this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

how many great ideas have died on the shelf or in the

Oct 19, 2015, 9:51 AM

drawing room or in a team meeting at some remote location because the idea didn't have the right caretaker or front man?

dabo limits media access to coaches and players so it falls on his shoulders alone to sell clemson to the world. if dabo has a bad presser, clemson has a bad presser. if dabo is off his game in the media's eyes, clemson falters then lags behind.

i hope his lackadaisical boston college post-game isn't a sign dabo's in a shrump.

he gets paid the big bucks for a reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Shrump"...? Is this a dig at our illustrious host? ;~)***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, why? is something wong?***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:59 AM

From what I herd

Oct 19, 2015, 9:55 AM [ in reply to how many great ideas have died on the shelf or in the ]

Dabo hadn't paid the reporters enuff to ask a planted question this weak.

Coots all saying that his bagmen had to go into hiding because of the planned rants being finded out by the Cootvestigators.

Hopefully, the bagmen are in full farce after the Miami game.

TIGER BALLS.

perhaps we should pass the plate. i'm an iptay member, but

Oct 19, 2015, 9:58 AM

i'd happily pitch in a few dollars more if it's going to have a direct impact on post-games & pressers.

there is no doubt that is when the media magic happens and will be paramount to clemson's good showing in the polls as we approach the playoffs.

keep preaching the good word and go tigers.

Maybe Dabo peaked too early in the season?***

Oct 19, 2015, 10:05 AM [ in reply to how many great ideas have died on the shelf or in the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good to see

Oct 19, 2015, 10:05 AM [ in reply to how many great ideas have died on the shelf or in the ]

the RAG is nearing mid-season form.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Did the lack of a "rant" hurt us this week?

Oct 19, 2015, 10:01 AM

Try to understand the game of football before you make accusations about "everyone is out to get us" this past weekend was the best weekend of college football this year.

LSU game
Michigan St. Amazing block punt.
Utah vs AZ St.

Clemson beating a 3-3 team at home did what they were suppose to do. We all knew how BC defense was. They haven't played anyone noteable. The FSU team they played was very unhealthy at the time. Cook will continue to heal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"amazing" blocked punt

Oct 19, 2015, 10:03 AM

I lol'd...i think you should go watch that games ending again. Also, learn what jokes are...before you come poasting heer.

You must be a dook fan.

TIGER BALLS.

No, the drop in the polls was completely related

Oct 19, 2015, 10:04 AM

to the fact that our depth chart is not as accurate as it should be when we get into the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

-Babagadoosh 2015

Oct 19, 2015, 10:04 AM

nm

TIGER BALLS.

Replies: 13
| visibility 857
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic