Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D Watson & QB position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

D Watson & QB position

Feb 5, 2016, 12:22 PM

For the Experts ---- What QB is most likely to take over QB duties - behind Watson / start after Watson leaves???

Nick Schuessler - RS St - last year this year

Tucker Israel -

Kelly Bryant -

Zerrick Cooper - 2016

Chase Brice - 2017

Hunter Johnson - 2017

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: D Watson & QB position

Feb 5, 2016, 12:26 PM

by no means an expert, but it all depends on the development of Cooper this year. If he develops like I think he will, the battle will be between he and Kelly Bryant for the starting job. If not, one of those 2 incoming freshmen in 2017 will possibly be the starter.

i like to watch...

Feb 5, 2016, 12:27 PM

it all unfold.

who knows and may the best man win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gladiator movies?***

Feb 5, 2016, 1:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm interested in the competition between KB, TI, and...

Feb 5, 2016, 12:31 PM

ZC for now. I wish NS the best.

Feb 5, 2016, 12:32 PM

I was very excited about Isreal coming out of high school, but since he got hurt, he fell behind the pack. I think if KB can improve on his accuracy it will be him taking over the position after DW leaves. Which wont be an awful thing cause KB can MOVE. But I also think Zerrick Cooper will challenge him and be on his heels. Zerrick is the future by that I mean after DW leaves KB will have his chance for 1 season and unless he plays near perfect Zerrick will become the man until he decides to leave or graduate.

Feb 5, 2016, 12:36 PM

If you pull up some film on Z Cooper that guy can flat out sling the pigskin. And H Johnson is no slouch either. In my opinion, (and its worth as much as the paper its written on) Bryant is going to have his hands full with these two guys. It reminds me of when Watson and Kelly were battling without the "Swag" both of them are good kids too. If I had to bet, with a year of development Z Cooper wins out, Hunter Johnson sits (maybe redshirt, depends on Bryant's development throwing the ball) Bryant backup.

Feb 5, 2016, 12:39 PM

I don't understand why Dabo oversigned so bad at the QB spot...

Just joking guys. Cool down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Feb 5, 2016, 12:45 PM

The only thing I think Cooper needs to work on is his looong delivery and beefing up a little. This is where Hunter Johnson has the advantage on Cooper right now, dudes delivery is QUICK! But we will see how Streeter develops Byrant and Cooper for next year. With the system designed for a mobile QB that can throw the ball I just dont see how T Israel can fit this offensive system.

My money is on Z Cooper

Feb 5, 2016, 12:43 PM

I hope that we can redshirt him this year and get four more years out of him after Watson leaves, but I doubt that's gonna happen. You can tell by the way Dabo talks about him that he is the real deal. I think he will be the guy until he leaves and won't have any problem beating out Hunter Johnson to keep the job when he comes in.

Obviously at this point this is all guesswork, but to me he just seems to be the whole package.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 1:05 PM

I think that Kelly Bryant will have a decided edge on the competition. He will get a lot more experience this year and he is already incredibly talented. This will be his 4th year in this type of offense as he was an option QB in HS for 2 years before transferring to Wren. Cooper is very talented but I think he actually might be the least talented runner on the roster going into 2017. Hunter Johnson isn't necessarily a dual threat QB yet but he is a better runner and faster than Cooper. Brice has also shown a adept ability to run. Cooper certainly isn't a stick in the mud but he is probably the most pass first guy we will have.

Bryant will be the most talented and most experienced QB as a Junior who was an early enrollee.
Israel will have the second most time in the program and is undersized but still has some talent.
Cooper will either be a RS Freshman or a Sophomore and some are crazy high on him. Ultimately, I think he is good but isn't quite what people are making him out to be. He has a good arm and decent accuracy but I have seen some questionable decisions and he doesn't jump out at you athletically.
Johnson will arguably be the 2nd most talented QB on campus and probably the highest rated coming out of HS. This SR year will determine a lot about how high the expectations will be when he finally makes it to Clemson.
Brice actually has my favorite film and has one of the more impressive arms and accuracy especially at the camps. His offense abandoned the triple option because of this kid. He was top QB before I knew we even had a chance at Johnson.

I think that Bryant needs a good year this year to begin to establish himself as the leader after Watson. If he fails to do so then it will be a wide open race in 2017. If that happens I would predict Johnson getting the job.

Feb 5, 2016, 1:29 PM

my money is on KB and Tucker, battling it out for the #2 spot this season, with both getting playing time in blowouts and such, and Z. Coop RS

Next year I think Coop takes over the top QB spot

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Feb 5, 2016, 1:39 PM

I just hope that byrant or Israel get to actually throw the ball when they get playing time during those blowouts. And not swing passes and screens, down field passes. It's the only way to get a true glimpse into what these guys can do as a passer.

Feb 5, 2016, 1:58 PM

I think in 2017 it will be a preseason QB battle between Bryant and Cooper, with Bryant ultimately winning the job. I don't think Tucker Israel will ever see significant time at the QB spot. I picture Chase Brice and Hunter Johnson redshirting their freshman years because of the depth at the position and their own inexperience. That being said, I think Hunter Johnson will start later in his career, he is extremely talented and I expect this to be his team years down the road. Of course it is way too early to tell, but hey, I'm the same guy that people said was crazy for thinking Deshaun would start over Cole Stoudt...

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic