Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Yesterday's Win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Thoughts on Yesterday's Win

Oct 16, 2016, 3:33 PM

Back in Savannah after fluke win yesterday with mixed feelings. Yes, a win is a notch in the win column and keeps our shaky pursuit of of a NC possible, but it was clear yesterday's win was a fluke. It was analagous to Clemson skanking a sand wedge from the trap, hitting the flag stick and dropping it in the hole when NCSU had a 12" putt lined up for the win. Yes, it was a fluke that we will all take happily.

It dawned on me with about 4:42 left in the 4th Qtr that Clemson would not get the ball back, and we were about to lose. Before NCSU's kick with 00:02 on the clock, I told the guy in the stands next to me "we need a miracle". A few crazy seconds later, he replied "well we got one."

Now a few things to b1tch about:

- The O does not want to be there. They keep mailing it in game after game with performances and turnovers that demonstrate talent and a complete lack of focus, desire, effort and concentration.
- The blocking yesterday was a stink bomb. NCSU made our O-Line look like nothing special.
- I am now leaning to the camp of "when you have two O-coordinators you have none." Looks good on paper and for recruiting. Not on the field. Where does the buck stop for the poor play? Who owns the poor play calling? Dabo? Elliott? Scott?
- The Offense has put the season on the Defense game after game. And the tired Defense has pulled it out. Barely. But hats off to our best players - Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence and the rest of the D-Line. When the Offense needs muscle, what do they do? Bring in our best players.
- Does Dabo need to schedule a conference call with Chad Morris to teach his old protegees some new plays, game planning or technique fundamentals? Something is missing. Where are the adjustments? Do we need a new Offensive Coordinator? Scary to think what a talented O-Coordinator could do with this group of NFL-ready players.
- We know Clemson is better than NCSU at at least 15 positions. This is what the recruiting records show. This tells me our Offensive coaches are the problem. Own it.
- NCSU players were fired up and outplayed Clemson on our homecoming. This Tiger team is tired.
- Dabo's "a win is a win" shtick has seriously gotten old. The top NCAA coaches with the top recruits are grading their players on a play-by-play basis and the discipline shows up on the field and on the score board. This is not yet the case in Tigertown. Great players are making stupid decisions nd not overcoming poor play calls. Coach Swinney is a master recruiter without a master "X's and O's" coach on Offense.
- And please spare me the coaches and fans holding up four fingers before the 4th quarter. This meaningless gesture is just that - a complete coaching cliche' that no Clemson player believes in. Every team does it. I remember BC players holding up 4 fingers in Death Valley when we waxed them three or four years ago.
- Get it together Tiger player leaders - this is your team. Get the players together and refocus & re-energize. This 2016 chance may not come again in the next 20 years. This is your team.
- Hopefully the next two weeks of rest and preparation will provide a spark. As always go Tigers! Get your head straight!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Yesterday's Win

Oct 16, 2016, 3:39 PM

Unless you have been on the field,or the sideline in uniform or in the locker pre game,or post game,please spare us the Rah-rah gun ho speech.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was our wide right just like the original wide right

Oct 16, 2016, 3:42 PM

Saved Miami's season in 1991.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if u'r blaming this on OC's, you've missed a good bit....

Oct 16, 2016, 3:43 PM

there's nothing wrong with the play calling;

there's a lot wrong with our execution.

lots of talking by talented people over the summer did not "improved players" make....

case in point, the O-line, the WR's, the QB, etc...

this is on the players....

stop knee-jerking to calling out coaches.

or better yet, go join the UGA Bulldogs with their new coaching staff

and see just how "change for argument's sake" works out....

wow, not a good game yesterday but you think we suck

Oct 16, 2016, 3:47 PM

How much complaining about play calling would you have if we didn't turn the ball over? We probably win by 3 TDs if no TOs in 3rd qtr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RC - we turn the ball over every game. Lack of focus.

Oct 16, 2016, 5:31 PM

Where have you been and what do you mean "if we don't turn it over"? We always turn it over. And we keep D on the field the whole game.

Oct 16, 2016, 3:50 PM

Just happy for the win

Oct 16, 2016, 3:53 PM

Here's my thoughts on your thoughts. I wish people like you would just stay in Savannah and leave the coaching to the guys who are paid to coach. How would you like it if someone got online and criticized your work everyday? Ask UGA if they'd like to have a cheap win yesterday. Or Virginia Tech. How can you criticize the coaches for an offense that put up almost 500 yards and only punted once (or maybe twice)? Did Tony Elliott fumble? Did Jeff Scott throw an interception? Did Dabo miss a block? The plays were there. Every play is designed to get positive yardage. It's the players responsibility to execute the play. And speaking of the players. They are 18-22 year old young men. They work their butts off every day just to entertain idiots like you who expect perfection every week. Have you ever had a bad day at work? I suppose you've never made a mistake in your adult life. I assume you are adult. Ever heard the saying "If you don't have somethig nice to say don't say anything at all?" You should try it sometime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs down on your agitated post sir. We turn it over

Oct 16, 2016, 5:33 PM

every game. I am a successful 1984 grad who is not here to blow sunshine up your butt. Stick it.

Oct 16, 2016, 4:00 PM

The bottom line is our players made enough plays to win. NC State players didn't. There was no lucky bounces that determined the outcomes.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B.S.***

Oct 16, 2016, 5:34 PM

Curious to hear what you thought of the play calling against

Oct 16, 2016, 4:23 PM

OU in the 2014 bowl game? You know, the first game Tony called plays after Morris left? That game in which, SO MANY Clemson fans were elated with the difference in play calling since they felt like Morris wouldn't make adjustments and kept trying to make his plays work.

Or the play calling throughout 2015 where we didn't lose a game until the National Championship?

The only thing our OCs have been able to do with our NFL ready players is a pedestrian 22-1 record. How does Dabo sleep at night not having fired Tony & Jeff to bring in an outside OC. Just imagine how much better our record would have been! And in that one loss, I mean, it's not like we scored a bunch of points on offense!!!!

This same play caller you are calling out called a gem of a game against Bama on the biggest stage against what many pundits thought was one of greatest defenses.

But yeah, the whole co-OC thing is a complete failure and it is SO obvious!

And by the way, a win is a win. Shtick or not, it's always better to win and have to make improvements on things than lose and play a great game. There maybe be bad wins, ugly wins, whatever, but there is no good loss.

Thumbs-up. Fair reply. What is O doing to correct turnovers?

Oct 16, 2016, 5:41 PM

What is O doing to correct focus? It is not there.

To respond, we recruit well. The offensive players are uber-talented. And they are making many many mistakes. The players do not get paid. The coaches get paid very well. The coaches own the mistakes created on the field. The turnovers are multiplying. One small example, for the umpteenth time, bad hikes from the one yard line are not possible with the QB behind center.

Oct 16, 2016, 4:35 PM

Socman: You raise some very valid points. Please don't let Tiger netters get to your with all their --you don't know anything bout coaching--get to you.ease don't let the dummies on here. If anyone on here thinks our [lay calling is just fine--they are ignorant of football!! WE have the same plays time and time again. When is the last time we saw a reverse, let alone a double reverse, let along a back throw the ball, how about more passes the, on and on.on slants over the middle which are extremely difficult to defense, howe about a pass to a wide put who steps back and throws to a crossing .

For heavens sake p[eole, give the opposition some credit. NCST defensed us well and it seemed to me they knew what was coming. Finally, running Watson out off the pistol on 4th down is a dumb play no matter who calls it.

Oct 16, 2016, 4:52 PM

+1

Oct 16, 2016, 4:55 PM

Play calling is golden at times, then it goes stagnant.

Do we need to pretend it's 4th and 17 . We seem to hit those

Oct 16, 2016, 5:52 PM

Truth is the truth I agree 100%.
We are very predictable on O and the riches of talent have made the OCs look better than they are.
If we had a true offensive mind calling the plays it would be unstoppable

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic