Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cuomo is a pos. 1000s of elderly deaths are due to him imo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Cuomo is a pos. 1000s of elderly deaths are due to him imo

May 7, 2020, 7:47 AM

He still is admitting Corona positive patients to nursing homes. How he required this for so long is unbelievable.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-nursing-homes-coronavirus-die-alone

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beef ain’t gonna like this!***

May 7, 2020, 7:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nurses are reporting that they still are not allowed

May 7, 2020, 8:06 AM

To ask someone coming in if they have covid.

Wfh is wrong with politicians?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuomo is a pos. 1000s of elderly deaths are due to him imo

May 7, 2020, 7:48 AM

Our Governor was doing the same and its now all coming to light.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2020, 7:53 AM

That is awful... jeez. Reckless. I am never putting my mom in a nursing home. Those places are a health risk.

May 7, 2020, 8:00 AM

In the case of memory care, you just about have to place them in a home. Unless you are willing to do 24/7 care.

We knew my parents had little time, so we kept them out of hospital care and out of nursing care. Then Hospice took over in those last weeks. Had it been much longer we would have had to put them in a full care facility. You just simply cannot do it 24/7 as is needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2020, 8:06 AM

Yeah 24/7 would be tough, but what about from 7am to 9pm? Thats all she would need.

May 7, 2020, 8:29 AM

Middle of the night clean ups form bowel movements, changing of the catheter bag, making meals, cleaning up meals. Constant santizing from cleaning up "messes" in the bed. changing sheets every other day. Mobilizing them so you can get the sheets off the bed. Turning them every couple hours to keep bed sores away. Keeping ointment on sore that have occured, keeping up with medicines, how much, when, what time.

This is just scraping the surface towards the end of life.

May 7, 2020, 8:32 AM

Scary.

May 7, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Cuomo is a pos. 1000s of elderly deaths are due to him imo ]

I forgot to add, my grandfather is sharp as tack, but he sold his house last year because my aunt convinced him that one of those old folk homes was the way to go. Its a nice one. Anyway, he got shingles in his eyes within 3 months of being there. They have him segregated from everyone now. He has caregivers at home. I think he should have stayed home. He is 92, but his brain is normal.

This virus has exposed nursing homes nation wide

May 7, 2020, 8:45 AM

for the disgusting places that they are. It just pulled the curtain back on the lack of give a #### a LARGE majority of these places have on sanitation and care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I've spent lots of time in nursing homes over the years

May 7, 2020, 9:11 AM

I can't comment on the motives of the people running them, but they are really depressing places. I've always thought they just reeked of death. I can't imagine what they are like in this situation.

He knows Trump doesn't want to give NY any money, so he's

May 7, 2020, 8:53 AM

trying to clear out their pension system...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BE NICE TO YOUR KIDS

May 7, 2020, 9:42 AM

and get a young spouse or both AND make sure you have a few million in the bank at retirement to better your odds on a decent place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this elderly compassion will translate into wearing masks***

May 7, 2020, 11:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic