Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid data question pertaining to football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,469

Covid data question pertaining to football

Aug 22, 2020, 1:18 PM

What is the death rate per capita of, say, 15 to 25 year olds due to Covid? I am not looking for rate of death of those who have been diagnosed, but overall young people population? Only grouping I find is for 18 to 49 year olds.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I would love a comparison of this percentage versus the flu...(no, I am not that guy saying that covid is like the flu)...

This percentage is very important in the ongoing discussion of football. My son is a high school player; my daughter is a college freshman, so it’s important to me also!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid data question pertaining to football

Aug 22, 2020, 1:27 PM

I don't know. I think they are more worried about them spreading it then dying. That said, there are some technically obese players or with diabetes that are more vulnerable.

Aug 22, 2020, 3:28 PM

The real question is what is the likelihood of (your children) suffering a debilitative respiratory or cardiac harm as a casualty of Covid, not just death which is unlikely. Do you want to roll the dice?

Aug 22, 2020, 3:49 PM

I want them to play as of now. I think we need to open up.

Re: Covid data question pertaining to football***

Aug 22, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid data question pertaining to football ]

Re: Covid data question pertaining to football***

Aug 22, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid data question pertaining to football ]

Aug 22, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid data question pertaining to football ]

I think a couple of obese people didn't like my post.

Players are tested 3x a week and strictly quarantined

Aug 22, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid data question pertaining to football ]

when they have it. So this is going to create massive spreading beyond what they are doing everyday? Take away football, and they are no longer tested at a significantly higher rate than others and strict quarantines are eliminated. Keep them in sports and they may very well be more protected.

Too, 90% of all deaths are from an age group over 50, most having preexisting conditions.

Aug 22, 2020, 4:15 PM

The information you seek is located here, August Courter.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 4:17 PM

Go to page 2 of the provisional death counts, August.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 6:22 PM

Hello, fellow Augustan.

My daughter just graduated from GCSU in Milledgeville, and suddenly she's soooooo grown up. ??

But since she still lives in town there, she is very concerned about Covid parties where students try to pass the bug to each other. The goal is to provide immunity to everyone present.

Apparently there is also a belief that "friend" or "roommate" clusters of 8-10 people are equal to family clusters in the real world; so long as you are out and about in your cluster you are protected by sharing antibodies (I tried not to be 'that dad'--how are they sharing antibodies with that many friends???).

Both of these approaches are so illogical that only college students could have developed them. The most ignorant people in the world are the ones who misuse their education.

I'm not saying this to knock small-town Milledgeville or GCSU. Athens is just as bad. But apparently some of these students really do believe they are immortal.

Unless my daughter made it all up, which I find very doubtful.

See graph

Aug 22, 2020, 11:26 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic