Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
convo last night with FSU alum after PAC-12 Champ game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

convo last night with FSU alum after PAC-12 Champ game

Dec 6, 2014, 3:21 PM

we were on the light rail train heading home from the stadium. I'm paraphrasing here, but it's close to what was said verbatim.....FSU sweatshirt guy talking to Oregon fans and a guy with a Trojans shirt on:
FSU guy: "I'm out here on business...i'm an alum. Got tickets to game, wanted to see Oregon....we Seminoles identify more with the SEC because we are truly an SEC caliber program. Nobody else in the ACC is, really. We play SEC caliber football in Tallahassee"
Trojan guy: "ya'll only had one tough opponent this year, right? I watched Clemson give you the game on mistakes"
Oregon guy: "yeah, Clemson is about to make major noise, they are loaded"
FSU guy: "Clemson is like the aggravating little brother. We own them. They always have some athletes but they cannot play with us. Plus we didn't have Jameis..."
Oregon guy: "Tell you the truth, FSU to me is the least impressive team in the top 4 right now, just being honest."
FSU guy: "Jimbo will have them ready, it's always us against the world, man."
Me: "it's ya'll against the world because of what Jimbo allows to go on in that program. It's embarrassing to the ACC, brother. You own Clemson? I think the series in the last 6 meetings or so would surprise you, young man. How long you been a fan?"
FSU guy: "I graduated in '09"
Me: "FSU doesn't own Clemson. You have won a couple in a row. Tell you the truth, I hope Tech blasts ya'll because if Clemson won with that type of BS circulating around the program I'd be ashamed. Try getting character in your program AND THEN win."
Oregon and Trojan fans both said they totally agreed and came over and talked to me about Clemson for about 20 minutes afterwards. You'd be surprised at how many PAC-12 folks know about, respect, and think the Tigers are about to explode. The Oregon fan knew Watson's name, knew about our DL and number one defense, etc.. The Trojan fan knew Nuk, Sammy, Martavis all came from Clemson, etc.. When we start making major noise, nobody will be surprised except for the SEC hacks who hold on for dear life to their "name" and people like FSU who live in a house of cards that is about to come tumbling down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: convo last night with FSU alum after PAC-12 Champ game

Dec 6, 2014, 3:38 PM

That's awesome to hear, fsu fans think they're crap don't stink and they are so far superior than everybody else it's not funny. Reality is gonna set in in the next few years when the sleeping giant of Deshaun and company come knocking on the door. I can't wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have detested them since the 80's

Dec 6, 2014, 3:45 PM

and though I "get" the ACC pride against everyone else, it boggles my mind when Tiger fans pull for them. They are trash to me, along with Georgia, and of course, the Chickens. Funny thing about that school, they don't really have a rabid fan base and though Doak sells out a lot, it's not a particularly loud stadium. Their fans are nowhere near as rabid as Gator fans are. Not even close.

Sounds like the FlaSt fan was (like most usuck fans)

Dec 6, 2014, 4:06 PM

only aware of history the last few months.....history that suited his idea of success, not history as the rest of the world knows it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had a professor at SCSU that used to say

Dec 6, 2014, 4:16 PM

"people love a stereotype that makes them look good, but they hate one that makes them look bad...but it doesn't diminish the fact that it is a stereotype, period. You can't love one and get mad at the other. That's what simpletons do." LOL....there are some Tiger fans who think that our history started when Bowden took over too, and they have zero interest in learning about the Danny, Howard, West, Parker years, etc.. I remember as a kid listening to my Uncle tell me about the Sugar Bowl under Howard, the game being stolen from us in Tennessee in '76, etc.. FSU people forget Bobby Bowden's last 5 years or so when the program was like Miami is now: floundering....We cannot beat them enough. I'm telling you, I need mental help. LOL. I despise them almost as much as I do USuCk along with Georgia. It goes back too far to have conference pride blurring my feelings.

Well said.***

Dec 6, 2014, 9:17 PM

Nole fans are EXACTLY like coot fans. Except for knowing

Dec 6, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Sounds like the FlaSt fan was (like most usuck fans) ]

what it's like to win championships....Coots know nothing about that. As far as classlessness, they are pretty much the same animal.

Always enjoy your west coast updates orngpurple***

Dec 6, 2014, 4:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never pass up an opportunity to let folks out here know

Dec 6, 2014, 4:21 PM

what it means to be a Clemson Tiger fan. And I'm always pleasantly surprised to find out that we are all over the radar out here with the die hard CFB fans, especially Duck fans and Washington Husky fans, both of whom could give us a run for our money in diehardness. I'm telling you and anyone else who'll listen, Oregon fans are the most fanatic lunatics I have ever been around outside of the southeast U.S.. I feel right at home around them. They raise absolute hell at Autzen and wherever they go, they take over the place. Great, great bunch of fun loving prideful folks. I've converted about 5 of them that I hang out with to closet Tiger fans, including two that I took to DV in '09 and '11 when I was stationed at Parris Island with them.

Oh, and the best one so far was last Sunday AM

Dec 6, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Always enjoy your west coast updates orngpurple*** ]

when I went outside to take my rain soaked Clemson flag down off of the pole on my balcony. I live on a busy road in San Jose and a Jeep with a Tiger flag flying stopped at the red light in front of my balcony, rolled his window down and said, "HELL YEAH, SUCK IT COOTS, GOOOOO TIGERS"...waved and drove off. Made my whole week.

This is what I've been saying,

Dec 6, 2014, 4:27 PM

FSU has really no allegiance to the ACC as a conference. If we were in the game vs Ga Tech with a playoff berth on the line, FSU would be pulling for Ga Tech. They have NO respect for the ACC as a whole, or what is best for the conference. I know FSU winning will be good for Clemson, and that's the only reason I'm not wearing GT gear today.

I travel to the Pacific NW, mainly Portland, Oregon on buisness, and let me re-iterate what you are saying about Pac-12 fans. They are some of the classiest in CFB, especially the Duck fans. Those guys out there LOVE Deshaun Watson and have a lot of respect for Dabo and Clemson as a program. I had one girl tell me that SC is the "Oregon State" of the west coast, never measuring up to the other program in the state, and many say that Clemson is their "east coast fave."

man, SPOT ON

Dec 6, 2014, 4:34 PM

I went to the Duck/Stanford game and Duck/SC game, both away games last year for Ducks. My buddy and I have a deal. Clemson games he wears Tiger gear, Duck games I wear Duck gear....IN the game. At tailgate I wear Tiger gear. I cannot tell you how many Duck fans ended up talking Clemson football with me at both games, neither of which was at Autzen. For some reason they identify with us. Too many SE U.S. fans look at CFB like we have a monopoly on it or something. Here's the memo: Oregon, Washington, SC, etc., have some die hard, rabid, knowledgeable fans that happen to know and totally respect southern football. In fact, they feel like they are more like us than anyone else, and in some respects, they are. I love Duck fans. Salt of the earth, hell raising zealots who pound a lot of beer, and yell for their team. That campus is absolutely beautiful too. I hope they win it all this year and I'm telling you, they will pull hard for us if the situation is ever reversed.

Exactly.

Dec 6, 2014, 4:43 PM

Duck fans DO identify with us, and they love our tradition. Even on You Tube, there are Duck fans on our videos about "The Hill", calling out hater coots and FSU fans. One of my customers gave me a pink #8 jersey for my mom who survived breast cancer, and I gave him an orange #2 because he absolutely LOVES Sammy Watkins. Makes me even prouder to be a Tiger. Eugene and Clemson are just special places that mesh well.

it's "Clemson of the West" as my Duck buddy calls it

Dec 6, 2014, 4:46 PM

a lot of people let their uniforms fool them and what they hear about Phil Knight pumping cash to the school, etc.. I felt like I was almost in Clemson when I went to the Duck/Stanford game in Autzen a few weeks ago....and my ears rang for two days afterwards. That place is an insane asylum.

Re: it's "Clemson of the West" as my Duck buddy calls it

Dec 6, 2014, 9:18 PM

Haha. I hear ya. Maybe next year I'll get to go to a game at Autzen. I've heard it's insane. I'd love to go.

Re: man, SPOT ON

Dec 6, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to man, SPOT ON ]

Now if we can just get the liberalism out of em. sigh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, true

Dec 6, 2014, 4:58 PM

I avoid politics talks at all costs unless you are a close friend or relative. What I do like is the fact that they drink beer, talk football, tailgate out of this world, are extremely friendly, and they cause that little stadium to detonate on Saturdays. Autzen sounds like DV at a night game.

I get the same vibe from Oregon fans that I've met.***

Dec 6, 2014, 9:23 PM [ in reply to This is what I've been saying, ]

After the Citadel game, I no longer care about

Dec 6, 2014, 9:08 PM

FSU. Jimbo Fisher is a pos and crybaby.

Just left the Bay Area after a first visit....

Dec 6, 2014, 9:13 PM

### I'd kill to live there.

There was also a surprising amount of (positive) reaction to me in my Clemson gear at the Cal game.

Just curious about your quote

Dec 6, 2014, 9:21 PM

You said:
"You own Clemson? I think the series in the last 6 meetings or so would surprise you, young man. How long you been a fan?"

CU is 8-20 (40%) and has lost three in a row and splitting a decade. FSU had a 12 game streak in the 90s.

So 40% isn't owning if CU is on the short end but it is total domination if the Tigers win 60%?

I also found it interesting that you reference the last six meetings, when Tigers are 2-4.

Your coot issues are not important to us. Please...

Dec 6, 2014, 9:25 PM

Log off your AOL dialup, close your trailer doors, check your meth lab out back to make sure things are "ok", and go to bed on your duct tapped waterbed praying you wake up and your life as a coot is all just a nightmare.

But I only have a 10 minute break as pizza delivery man :-D****

Dec 6, 2014, 9:35 PM

You obviously lost your job as a gas pumper...

Dec 6, 2014, 9:39 PM

Everything is self service these days. ;)

Gotta stay one step ahead, I was a sign holder and waver

Dec 6, 2014, 9:49 PM

I would wave to everybody but Tigers thought I was "High Fiving" them so I got fired. ;)

You coots are shameless aren't ya?

Dec 6, 2014, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Just curious about your quote ]

Shouldn't you be on fgf celebrating your Daddy's win over weak a$$ pathetic SEC Least Mizzou? After all isn't a win by Alabama a default/hind ### win by USuC? Worry about your losing record vs Duke.

Duke leads us in series, just like Vandy is 3-1 vs CU but

Dec 6, 2014, 9:45 PM

you didn't answer my question.

What's there to answer troll? You know it all already.***

Dec 6, 2014, 10:53 PM

FSU has sold their soul for wins and it is not just the

Dec 6, 2014, 9:34 PM

athletic department. The handling of Winston goes all the way to the top of the university. So I guess you can say the FSU fan is right, they are like a SEC team although with what is going on at UNC they can not claim they are the only one in the ACC like that

Re: convo last night with FSU alum after PAC-12 Champ game

Dec 6, 2014, 10:45 PM

I've been a lurker for a while, but this needed saying. I went to the 2010 game at FSU and was very unimpressed by much of what I witnessed while I was there. We decided to go out the night before just to experience the atmosphere, and when we tried to talk football with some of the students, not many had much knowledge about any other program; most didn't even know much about their own program. When we got back to our car it had been vandalized with the license plate almost broken off and the Clemson decals partially scraped off. After the game we had a lot of fans taunting us. One walked behind us for about a mile insulting us the whole time. When he asked us if we were going to the "poop bowl" my friend responded "Jokes on you we probably won't even make a bowl" to which he responded "What the (expletive) did you just say?" Granted we did meet some friendly fans while we were there so thanks to those who welcomed us.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic