Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations on our ### kicking!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Congratulations on our ### kicking!!

Sep 7, 2019, 7:32 PM

Just here to say congratulations on a well played game!

We were hot garbage on offense, we looked stiff, out of sink and Mond played like chit!! Defensively we looked good at times, held a great offense to 24 although I’m sure you could have scored more on those last minutes when you guys went vanilla. Monds play was self inflicted and our WR dropped 9 balls, BUT having said that, Clemson’s defense smelled the blood on the water and came after Mond and made him played like crap. So congrats on that.

On offense you have some crazy talent on the skill positions.

Clemson played like the defending national championship team that they are. Played with attitude, effort and intensity.
A&M just never matched the intensity!! I don’t mind losing, it’s the way we lost and the lack of response by our team!

The one thing that did pissed me off and it was garbage by your crowd, was the booing of our players when they got hurt. Every single one of them was legit.....yet the boo birds came out from the get go.

Other than that, congratulations on a great game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!!

Sep 7, 2019, 7:35 PM

We see waaaaaay too many “SEC timeouts” to try and slow our offense down. You just got lumped in with the rest.

Peevey kept coming back into the game, for example. People will boo when you keep doing that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I agree the booing is a bit tactless

Sep 7, 2019, 7:41 PM

But that paired with the return of the injured players plus the strategy of winding every play clock down inside 5 seconds meant our offense never got into great rhythm.

I do think there were uncharacteristic drops on both sides

Y'all did great mixing up formations, I hope Trevor learned a lot from this outing.

Thank you for a great game and atmosphere

Clemson

Faking injuries is tactless.***

Sep 7, 2019, 10:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Faking injuries is tactless.***

Sep 8, 2019, 8:31 AM

It was interesting to see so many injuries and then have them all return too play. I think Peevy was injured 4x?! And the whole D line got whacked eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 7:42 PM

I guess it’s better to be p iss ed than pi ssed on.
Bye ####

Good game man and I wish you guys well the rest of the way.***

Sep 7, 2019, 7:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 7:45 PM

Thx, and I agree Mond looked outa sorts....from what I’ve seen of him. Honest I haven’t watched his game much tho. I think playing in DV had something to do with it. All those SEC players talk about the other places they play week in and week out. Then they get there and it effects guys

I will be cheering on your (Aggie) boys the rest of the season

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Sep 7, 2019, 7:48 PM

Thanks to the crowd for all the false starts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 8, 2019, 4:00 PM

They know it as the 12TH Man, that they think they are the masters of!!!

Agree about not booing, but Jimbo has history we know

Sep 7, 2019, 7:48 PM

something about

https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/29/jimbo-fisher-fake-injuries-comments?utm_source=emailshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-share-article&utm_content=20190907

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ THIS

Sep 7, 2019, 7:54 PM

We don't BOO injured players. We boo your HC as we are more familiar than you are with his lack of integrity. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Pulling for y'all the rest of the season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree about not booing, but Jimbo has history we know

Sep 7, 2019, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Agree about not booing, but Jimbo has history we know ]

Doeren isn’t the place to hang your hat on as an example. That guy will whine about anything and everything after a loss

Well said! Thank you!

Sep 7, 2019, 7:59 PM

I was just tired of Peevy repeatedly getting thrown out there on the field. Looked like he had a serious foot or ankle injury. I didn’t want him getting crippled out there on the field. I just wished Jimbo kept him out after halftime.

Yeah, and people boo if they think it’s fake. Sorry, Jawja and others ruined it for y’all.

~JKB

Can’t disagree with anything there.

Sep 7, 2019, 8:20 PM

You guys are always class. This is what makes football fun!!

Good luck the rest of the way. I know Mond didn’t have his best stuff today, but y’all have a great squad and in my opinion the best play caller in football. Your best days are in front of you and I’m glad we’re getting you in Jimbos early years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 8:23 PM

The boos were because the Aggies were flopping early and often.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:24 PM

What game were you watching then?? ??

Sep 7, 2019, 9:36 PM

The one that had A&M players already going down on the ground but would miraculously pop up when Clemson called time out.

It was a Christmas miracle.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:08 PM

The healing power of Jimbo’s ######## saved them all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I could go back in time to boo the fake injuries

Sep 7, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

even louder.

See where FSU is now? That will be aTm in 10 years.

Re: I wish I could go back in time to boo the fake injuries

Sep 8, 2019, 5:25 PM

It won't take that long, he has a long history of extracurricular activities with the opposite sex.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

The one where they were faking injuries early and often. It is the SEC game plan against the Tigers. Especially when you were down to 1 timeout.

Sep 7, 2019, 8:28 PM

A positive for you,
I thought your RB was playing great! Getting a lot of yards after touch.
Not sure why he went out.

Sep 7, 2019, 8:33 PM

As other have said, these were not legitimate injuries. Jimbo Fisher does not get the benefit of the doubt due to his personal lack of integrity.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:26 PM

Sorry, completely disagree!

Sep 7, 2019, 9:29 PM

On the injuries? I can understand that with cramps maybe. I find it hard to believe anyone would disagree on Jimbo’s integrity.

It was just like I told you last night Andy

Sep 7, 2019, 8:34 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-dont-think-anyone-disrespects-TAMU-or-their-fans-25910022

The line was a little high, but not extremely inflated. We are the better team and the better program. We're not even near mid-season form yet. We have lots of room for improvement and we still dominated you in a way that the score does not indicate. If not for Trevor's interception in the 4th quarter we were going to score again and it would have been a THREE score beatdown even with the meaningless garbage-time score.

Tip the hat - you guys have a solid team. You sure gave us a better game than bama. I hope you shred the almighty SEC west this season. Oh, and one other thing - you should probably tell your bonehead O lineman to keep his mouth shut about upsetting Clemson until you are actually capable of doing it on the field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 8:42 PM

As others have pointed out it has been common for SEC opponents to use fake injuries to slow down our offense. Georgia did it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGkWrBTbK

LSU did it repeatedly against us in the Peach Bowl. Go watch the 4th quarter. They flopped every 3rd down to get substitutions in. And as others point out it is a strategy Jimbo has used as well. I hate the booing, but it goes with the territory when the SEC teams use this strategy. I’m not 100% aTm was doing it on purpose today but the injured players returning made it look like Jimbo was up to his old tricks.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:31 PM

I understand but the booing in my opinion does not look good on a fan base like Clemson.

Every player that went down for A&M was legit. It’s not like you guys were running a fast tempo offense. I’ve seen that done when we were part of the big XII. That’s not what happened today. ???????

Other than that just like it’s always been between our two schools, the reception that A&M fans received was great!!

Sep 7, 2019, 9:37 PM

Can’t argue with any of that. Good luck this season.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

Clemson fans know Jimbo... probably better than A&M fans. Cut ties ASAP.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:45 PM

Jimbo will wear out his welcome in due time. This team already had his trademark "mouthy" before the game and undisciplined during the game.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:43 AM

Ask Willie Taggart about the mess he inherited from Jimbo Fisher. The academic performance was last among power five conferences and FSU was about to be put on probation for it. There was much more to it than that. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841875-the-mess-jimbo-left-inside-fsus-fall-and-willie-taggarts-plan-to-rise-again

We know a lot about Fisher.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Ask Willie Taggart anything,

Sep 8, 2019, 8:09 AM

and you will likely receive a blank stare.

It’s not Jimbo’s fault that the dude is in wayyyyy over his head.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you only knew how many times team did that to us

Sep 7, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

especially under OC Chad Morris.

It just gets old with Clemson fans. To be fair, I don't think your guys were doing though

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you only knew how many times team did that to us

Sep 7, 2019, 10:01 PM

I don’t think we know if Jimbo was doing it today. We run less tempo now but there were big plays followed by TAMU guys down several times. Listen to Jimbo’s postgame presser and you will hear him acknowledge how huge big plays are for momentum. I’m not saying he was trying to diffuse our momentum after big plays by feigning injuries, but I can’t say he wasn’t either. I don’t know but would not put it past him.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

Andy .... You are a good guy, but don't you understand that the booing is for Jimbo and the fake injuries. The problem with faking injuries is that when there is a legitimate injury, it really looks bad for those who are booing, but it is your coach that caused it in the first place. Kind of like crying wolf and being ignored when you really need help. We play a lot of SEC teams and faking injuries to slow down the pace of the game or rest your defense is getting old. NO ONE was booing a A&M player. I don't ever boo regardless.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

That was A LOT of injuries. You can see where one would think that most of those were fake. We have seen Jimbo do it before. Either they were fake or your guys were not conditioned properly.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on our ### kicking!! ]

Why not a 100%, Pevy went down 4 times and came back in after the must sit out down, fake injury to get rest when you're getting you butt kicked is a must have with Jimbo teams. And coaches like Jimbo use fake injury over being in shape. Just get more guys game ready for subbing and getting your starters a rest!!!

Sep 7, 2019, 9:51 PM

Sorry about the booing. I hate it when our fans boo injuries. What does the booing accomplish? If the guy is really hurt you look like a tool and if they are faking its not like they will stop because you booed.

Glad you had a good time other than this issue. Good luck for the rest of the season. :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 10:03 PM

Where was that Texas heat conditioning. Yall were falling like flies with a couple flops mixed in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they weren’t booing, they were woo hooing and i

Sep 7, 2019, 9:54 PM

Hate it too! Sorry your feelings were hurt

Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:00 PM

I wasn’t impressed by anything aTm offered. Your band is boring. Your little yelps and whoops are annoying and your fans are entitled. All for what? You have no football history. I hope our schools never meet on the football field again. It definitely won’t be in the playoff.

Re: Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:06 PM

No, totally disagree. I enjoy everything about A&M. Every single A&M grad I work with is great and the traditions are good. Just get rid of that scumbag Jimbo Fisher.

That makes one of us.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:09 PM

They are the gamecocks of Texas.

Re: That makes one of us.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:18 PM

Have you met an Aggie? These are real people not re-runs of COPS, dog the bounty hunter or however you picture the typical U of SC fan

Met plenty of them today.***

Sep 7, 2019, 10:35 PM

Re: Met plenty of them today.***

Sep 7, 2019, 10:38 PM

That’s sad. I’m stuck in the Midwest and was able to game last year and everyone was great. The guys I work with are also good people. I think it is unfair to compare them to U of SC.

I don't know but....

Sep 8, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to That makes one of us. ]

I think I see a few chicken feathers sprouting on your back. Don't be such a tool, A&M fans were great, and just cheering their team. That's what they are supposed to do.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Aggies are good people

Sep 8, 2019, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake. ]

One of my oldest friends has several A&M grads in the family. They could not be nicer, more successful people--whether it is sports-related or life in general.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 7, 2019, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake. ]

Classy post ........ were you at the game? The flopping has nothing to do with their great fans and outstanding band.

I was there.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:36 PM

And I booed. Along with 10,000+ others.

Strongly disagree.

Sep 7, 2019, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake. ]

Was at the game today and went to A&M last year. They are a great can base, with nice people. Talked to a lot of them today and they were all complimentary of Clemson and very respectful. I hope we play them again. And I enjoyed the band

Strongly disagree.

Sep 7, 2019, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake. ]

Was at the game today and went to A&M last year. They are a great can base, with nice people. Talked to a lot of them today and they were all complimentary of Clemson and very respectful. I hope we play them again. And I enjoyed the band

Sep 8, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Got a news flash for you. Those injuries were fake. ]

Anyone who doesn't appreciate the tamu band has got a problem, you need new batteries for those hearing aids. I say give credit where due!

Sep 7, 2019, 11:54 PM

Get over yourself and your BS rightousness.

Maybe you can explain to me why nearly all the injuries involved Texas A&M defensive players.

None on offense.

Only one on Clemson that I recall.

Not legit. Clearly a strategy to disrupt opponent's offensive rhythm.

Typical Jimbo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Andy94 A&M fans are the most classy fans in America

Sep 8, 2019, 12:10 AM

I always thought that. I didn't see as many A&M fans here as I did when y'all came in 2005, but it was still a great turn out. You guys definitely travel well and support your program well. You guys deserve to have a year in and out top ten program.
As far as booing goes, perhaps you are right but most opponents we play when we start to get in a rhythm will use the fake injuries to slow down the game. To me that's very poor sportsmanship. But A&M isn't the only one to do it. A few of those injuries may be legit but most weren't. Anyway, good luck with your Season. Definitely win against South Carolina. We all will be rooting for y'all in that game. Me personally, I'm rooting for y'all in all your remainder games. (Especially Alabama and South Carolina)

lsu did it all night to texas too

Sep 8, 2019, 12:10 AM

sec teams must be in lousy shape

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lsu did it all night to texas too

Sep 8, 2019, 7:55 AM

We know how it works with LSU (see the Peach Bowl).

--Henry David Thoreau

Jimbo pulled this for years at FSU

Sep 8, 2019, 8:14 AM

there were also a whooooollleee lot of "injuries" seemingly when we would get a drive going.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Texas - LSU Game Case Study in SEC Cramping

Sep 8, 2019, 9:55 AM

I listened to the Texas - LSU game on the ride home. Listened to the LSU announcers. in the second half, LSU players were “cramping” on almost ever other play. Announcers didn’t seem to be concerned about all the “cramping.” Their term, not mine. We saw the same “cramping” by LSU in the Peach Bowl. And, surprisingly, LSU still hasn’t resolved their hydration problem. Seems as if “cramping” has become an SEC disease. Maybe the commissioner should call in the CDC. LOL.

Clemson fans do not boo injured players and, maybe, all the injuries to Texas A&M players, were legit. But, the number of “injuries” yesterday makes Clemson fans suspicious given Jimbo’s and the SEC’s track record of slowing the game down with all those “cramping injuries.” It is impossible to know when “injuries” are legit but it is frustrating to see certain teams have a rash of “injuries” whenever our offense is in rhythm. You may think it’s just semantics, but Clemson fans don’t boo injured players but we will boo teams and coaches who we have reason to believe abuse “injuries” to slow down the game, get extra timeouts, and gain an unfair competitive advantage. Yes, looking at you Jimbo.

Texas A&M has great fans but I fear they will someday regret the Jimbo experience. Best if luck going forward. And, yes, the A&M band is the best of the best college marching bands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 3:56 PM

What really pisssed me off with aTm, was all the chit talk by those garbage mouth players that talked about how the team gave us the game last year, but guaranteed that wouldn't happen again, and as soon as a mic and camera was in their face, we beat ourselves bc we let off the gas. You have to first learn to lose with class before you can win with class. The facts are, your guys ran out of breath, they weren't driving machinery that uses gas, and they didn't have a pedal to lift up on, and losing the game had everything to do with Clemson's FB players wanting it more, and they took the win bc they were in better shape and better coached... They didn't let Clemson players have it bc they let off of some imaginary gas, our players took it bc they were better and better prepared to take it and did without any help from Texass A&M players, it was all Clemson, the best team won, period!!!

Sep 8, 2019, 4:46 PM

Just don't lose sight on why A&M fans are at DV or why Clemson fans go to college station, it's to see our two teams to go at all out war with each other, and it nothing like a cake bake off. FB is a sport where blood will be shed, and at times teeth will be lost, arms and legs broken. It's war with body and muscle strength, the guys love it and the fans love it. Can two different fan bases be friends, yes we can bc it's a game of competing, we can like each other, but there will be the times when one will do or say something the other may not like, but we get over it until the next time, move on, Go Tigers, two and 0 against Texass A&M!!!!

Sep 8, 2019, 5:59 PM

Case in point. Miss St Injury!!

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic