Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Brownlee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,884

Coach Brownlee

Feb 8, 2017, 9:06 PM

I've been pretty vocal about this guy and I want to explain what I think the real frustrations are with most people...

1. Last night we led...what 98% of the game... By double digits at times...But did anyone you really feel comfortable? I know I didn't... unfortunately he has proven time and time again that he will blow leads etc...

2. Facts are he has been here 7 years and only went to the tournament 1 time.... his first year, with OP players....sorry if you " apologist " don't like that...but it's a fact.

3. Most people will tell you you need to win or reality says you should win about 50% of your close games.... There is no way in helll this guy wins 50% of close games. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but we just almost never win close games...and I know the " apologist " will bring up a few times where we did but will ignore the MANNNYYY that we haven't won.

4. This is not a basketball school. Honestly most Clemson fans will tell you it's Football, baseball then basketball for them...and I'm one of them. But most Clemson fans can honestly tell you that if we make the tournament 1 out of every 3 or 4 years....we'd be happy.... that's a fair statement. Do any of you see this guy making the tournament anytime soon? Helll, we can't even make the NIT with this guy most years.

5. Defending this guy.... I think this is what bothers me the most. SOOOO many people on here defend him at any cost. I've never seen anything like it.....Why is he so defended by people? I like the guy
and think he's a good guy.... But it's time to move on people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Brownlee

Feb 8, 2017, 9:32 PM

great post. absolutely correct! time for a change! and get someone that can get us over the hump!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 9:35 PM

Who the he!! Is Coach Brownlee?

Spelling teachers are really failing these kids.***

Feb 8, 2017, 10:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Brownlee ]

Mike Patrick did a game and called him. Coach Brownlee, BrownL and others. It was hysterical and a standing joke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Brownlee ]

Mike Patrick did a game once and completely botched his name. Brownlee, Brownwell, Brownie, it was a hoot. So standing joke is Brownlee.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 9:53 PM

BUT he won more ACC games that OP did.........says many in here

Feb 8, 2017, 10:01 PM

I am agreeing with you that he hardly wins close games. Furthermore I haven't seen one of his teams take a 10-14 point lead and have the wherewithall to turn it into a 25 point lead. It's not talent, it's the attitude/demeanor coming from the top.
I love my Tigers more than most. I've seen a lot of games since I arrived there in 1967. Sorry BB - time to kick the bucket on down the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 8, 2017, 10:16 PM

Does anyone remember the NC State game 2 yeard ago when their sharp shooter was left alone with only a few seconds remaining and he hit a 3pt shot to beat us by one pt? How about the ND game we lost in regulation/OT?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2017, 7:59 AM

How about the Pitt game we lost because we couldn't get the ball in play

Feb 9, 2017, 12:11 AM

It even sucks more when you're like me and put basketball a lot over baseball. I love Tiger baseball but absolutely love the sport of basketball. I just want a relatively good program and there's no excuse for an ACC team to go 7 years without a tourney appearance. None.

Feb 9, 2017, 7:57 AM

It never fails if we get a big lead those things disappear fast.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic