Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to get Feaster involved, well past time...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Time to get Feaster involved, well past time...

Nov 4, 2016, 5:44 PM

Definitely not stating Gallman needs less carries, but when he is spelled he needs to be spelled by Feaster. Feaster is already over 200 pounds and has world class speed. We have plenty of weapons on offense, but what a luxury would it be to put a RB in with fresh legs that can on any play take it the length of the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coaches haven't found a way to use him yet apparently***

Nov 4, 2016, 5:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: coaches haven't found a way to use him yet apparently***

Nov 4, 2016, 5:52 PM

just how hard is it for Watson to just hand him the ball??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it would appear #### near impossible...What is they blitz?

Nov 4, 2016, 9:49 PM

Is Feaster going to be able to pick it up on his running play?;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see this, but

Nov 4, 2016, 5:47 PM

Dat boy knows what he is doin....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead Horse.***

Nov 4, 2016, 6:02 PM

Re: Dead Horse.***

Nov 4, 2016, 8:56 PM

Not cool!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised? Some posters think the coaches are searching

Nov 4, 2016, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Dead Horse.*** ]

the Internet for clues on what to do.

Re: Time to get Feaster involved, well past time...

Nov 4, 2016, 6:07 PM

Dabo prob. would only play him if Clemson is up big. For some reason he seems to be loyal to guys when other guys that are better than them sit and watch. I.E. Cole Stout sucked and Watson came in vs. UGA and gunned a TD then he put him right back on the bench. That's just my opinion. Either way Feaster will be ripping it up next year.

Don't want to get Watson killed like FSU's QB.

Nov 4, 2016, 6:07 PM

As Demarcus Walker said of Dalvin Cook - "he's scared to block me."

The coaches have addressed this. Why won't people believe them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say start him, I stated use him in the rotation...

Nov 4, 2016, 6:34 PM

in other words when he is in there hand the ball off to him or have him ran a pass route.

We depend too much on our running back to pick up blitzes

Nov 4, 2016, 6:43 PM

and block in the passing game to risk a kill shot on Watson with a pass blocking novice. Too many other superior pass receivers who can get open if you give Watson time to find them. That's part of the reason you seldom see Gallman in pass routes. Plus, You can't telegraph your play calling with personnel as you are suggesting.

Put him in when you think he is prepared to succeed - preferably when there is another quarterback in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that means we need a new oline coach if the oline is...

Nov 4, 2016, 7:42 PM

is struggling that much that a player can't get in for say like 6-10 plays a game. Only thing I suggested was a few plays. And if you haven't noticed we have been telegraphing our first down plays all season with runs up the middle, and we are still undefeated

Fire the line coach because 5 can't block 6?

Nov 4, 2016, 7:48 PM

That doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Re: We depend too much on our running back to pick up blitzes

Nov 4, 2016, 7:54 PM [ in reply to We depend too much on our running back to pick up blitzes ]

Hit a few wheel routes to Feaster and the opposing DC will think twice ( or thrice) about blitzing. A delayed handout to Feaster is another way to counter a blitz. What I'm saying is there are ways to get him involved without exposing DW to being crushed.

A defensive coordinator will take that chance

Nov 4, 2016, 7:59 PM

for a kill shot on Watson.

If Feaster is in the game, blitz. If you know he can't pass block or pick up blitzes, then it's 90% run likelihood and a slight chance at a wheel route.

Exactly. Like every time KB comes in it is a zone read and

Nov 4, 2016, 10:03 PM

they whack him.

Agree 100% about not wanting to telegraph play by personnel

Nov 4, 2016, 10:51 PM [ in reply to We depend too much on our running back to pick up blitzes ]

Not only would we be disadvantaged by the opponent knowing that we will likely be running the ball with Feaster anytime he comes in, it would vastly reduce our audible packages.

A large number of our plays feature multiple run/pass options based on pre-snap and/or post-snap reads. In other words, when we can a run play, it isn't always a straight up run no matter what the defense is doing.

On a side note, once Feaster does develop a deeper understanding of the playbook and improves his pass protection, I would love to see him on the patented C.J. wheel-route and also on the outside toss that we used to run back in 2011 to Ellington/Hot Rod/Sammy.

Re: I didn't say start him, I stated use him in the rotation...

Nov 4, 2016, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I didn't say start him, I stated use him in the rotation... ]

It is hard to get ur 4th string rb touches.

A Blind Man can see he's our Best Natural Runner

Nov 4, 2016, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Don't want to get Watson killed like FSU's QB. ]

Very shocking that they don't at least have a few packages for him where they can get him some touches on a screen or wheel route or jet sweep. He must have done something to be in the dawg haus because it's very easy to see he is the best RB on the team. 8.7 YPC.... yeah, get back on the bench there buddy we don't want to hurt any Juan's feelings by scoring too much.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming the coaches see something you don't and aren't

Nov 4, 2016, 7:28 PM

prone to emotional reactions to players.

Gallman is by far our best back. Feaster has the greater potential, but he's not there yet.

Are you saying he's the fifth best RB we have. That's where

Nov 4, 2016, 8:03 PM

he's listed, and many of us are having a hard time believing that. I trust the coaching staff, but it would be nice to know what's going on with Feaster. Is he hurt, head not in the game, whatever? If this is talked about on the team as it is on Tnet, it will become a distraction,

Let me recap that

Nov 4, 2016, 8:41 PM

"I trust our coaches are privy to more information than I have, but let me tell you where they are wrong"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not that he's fifth in terms of talent

Nov 4, 2016, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Are you saying he's the fifth best RB we have. That's where ]

He's fifth in terms of understanding the playbook and pass protection. Also, if those are indeed the reasons for his lack of playing time, I wouldn't want our coaching staff to come out and explain in detail that he doesn't know how to pick up blitzes and that he only knows a limited part of the playbook.

In the event that we did need him in the game BC of injuries or if he was to come in late in the game because we have a big lead, I don't want the opposing team to know in detail any and all of his weaknesses.

C'mon! How in the world could actual football coaches that

Nov 4, 2016, 9:47 PM [ in reply to I'm assuming the coaches see something you don't and aren't ]

see and talk to these players every single day possibly know things that we don't and therefore be doing the right thing by not playing Feaster? That's just crazy talk!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 4, 2016, 6:11 PM

Feaster needs to block..
Anyone want to see our All American QB get blown up because our freshman running back needs more snaps?
I'll let the guys whose paycheck is on the line make that decision..I think they know what they're doing

Nov 4, 2016, 9:01 PM

How can he block if he isn't in the Game!!! I'm not talking about practice.

Nov 4, 2016, 6:18 PM

> Definitely not stating Gallman needs less carries,
> but when he is spelled he needs to be spelled by
> Feaster. Feaster is already over 200 pounds and has
> world class speed. We have plenty of weapons on
> offense, but what a luxury would it be to put a RB in
> with fresh legs that can on any play take it the
> length of the field.

How has Feaster looked in practice that leads you to think he needs more OT over the other backs?

It seems like I've heard Dabo say that........

Nov 4, 2016, 6:25 PM

Feaster's had a hard time learning/understanding our offensive scheme and that he's just not ready to play much yet.

Are you sure about that? I haven't seen that.

Nov 4, 2016, 6:32 PM

I've seen them state that he is reluctant to hit it hard without hesitation and hit top speed and I've heard them say he never had to pass block - they just sent him on wheel routes - and they don't want to get their franchise quarterback killed, but I've not seen that statement.

Basically...

Nov 4, 2016, 7:22 PM

Our coaches don't play him much for a reason. And I trust them.

Nov 4, 2016, 8:00 PM

When Spiller played as a freshman we had no qb of major talent and needed the explosive plays or we had nothing. That's the difference, end of story.

Freshmen speed demons are seldom able to block.

Nov 4, 2016, 8:51 PM

If he can't block that removes the mystery of what we are going to do when he is in the game. That's like telling everybody we're handing the ball to Feaster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason he isn't playing.

Nov 4, 2016, 9:00 PM

He isn't ready.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic