Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney is a THUG.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Clowney is a THUG.

Jan 3, 2013, 3:27 PM

He just admitted that he was "laying on him, pushing his face." Remember, this guy did not have a helmet on because Clowney knocked it off.

Illiterate thug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JikhIVUNw

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney is a THUG.

Jan 3, 2013, 3:29 PM

Tell us how you REALLY feel...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He misspelled punk.***

Jan 3, 2013, 3:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

that "thug" single handedly won them AT LEAST 3 games......

Jan 3, 2013, 3:30 PM

wish we had a few guys like that on our team.

We'll take great players, but don't need "thug attitudes"***

Jan 3, 2013, 3:33 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we LACK the ON FIELD thug attitude........

Jan 3, 2013, 3:40 PM

it's true

not saying we want convicted felons, but an ON THE FIELD THUG MENTALITY is the difference between Clemson and SCar RIGHT NOW.....

they are thugs
we are choir boys

i want a deandre mcdaniel to point at somebody then dislocate their shoulder.........I want a duane coleman mentality on the football field.........I want a swearinger or a clowney ATTITUDE on our defense

that is the TRUE difference and the reason they've won 4 in a row they have a swag and we play scared against them

Wrong and you apparently missed the CFA game.***

Jan 3, 2013, 3:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no i saw the Chick fil a game.......every second.......

Jan 3, 2013, 3:48 PM

but when we play SOUTH CAROLINA we DO NOT play LIKE THAT...........period

and as well as our defense did vs lsu we still lack "swag" and talent on defense

it was disgusting to read the story about the SCar player knockin the ball outta our players hands prior to the game and our team just watched as SCar players taunted us........that's the choir boy vs thug attitude i'm talking about

Re: no i saw the Chick fil a game.......every second.......

Jan 3, 2013, 3:59 PM

Link to the story about the ball slapping?

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

Re: no i saw the Chick fil a game.......every second.......

Jan 5, 2013, 10:29 PM [ in reply to no i saw the Chick fil a game.......every second....... ]

> but when we play SOUTH CAROLINA we DO NOT play LIKE
> THAT...........period
>
> and as well as our defense did vs lsu we still lack
> "swag" and talent on defense
>
> it was disgusting to read the story about the SCar
> player knockin the ball outta our players hands prior
> to the game and our team just watched as SCar players
> taunted us........that's the choir boy vs thug
> attitude i'm talking about

This never happened, but it makes for great internet banter. "Remember, it's not a lie if you believe it"......G. Castanza

Ask LSU if we lack that***

Jan 3, 2013, 3:52 PM [ in reply to we LACK the ON FIELD thug attitude........ ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ask LSU if we lack that***

Jan 3, 2013, 4:52 PM

He clearly referred to us vs. South Carolina the last few years.

We did not play against South Carolina like we did LSU. If we did, we would have dominated them.

as well as the classroom DA attitude........***

Jan 3, 2013, 5:20 PM [ in reply to we LACK the ON FIELD thug attitude........ ]

Clowney is a disgrace***

Jan 3, 2013, 5:19 PM [ in reply to that "thug" single handedly won them AT LEAST 3 games...... ]

man it's football and it's not for everyone, if you can't be

Jan 3, 2013, 3:36 PM

tough enough to play the game---grab a skirt!

Jan 3, 2013, 3:39 PM

well said!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2013, 4:03 PM

Define "thug" for me, football wise? Is it trash-talking (which we old-school guys detest), or hits that knock the snot out of someone (which I love)? I sure didn't like Clowney's little rap pose after the play, but that was the same guy who plowed his helmet into his jewels (intentionally, I thought) a few plays before, so I guess the man wanted payback.

Poor Michigan. They tried to play tough but they could only

Jan 3, 2013, 4:48 PM

play dirty, ex. the deliberate hit on Clowney's jewels. However, Clowney must have jewels made of steel because he came back and nailed the punk with the most memorable hit of the post season bowls.

Re: Poor Michigan. They tried to play tough but they could only

Jan 3, 2013, 4:58 PM

one of the MOST ILLEGAL U mean!!! out and out hit to the head that the gutless officials were afraid to call!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he is but dayum I wish he was in orange!***

Jan 3, 2013, 4:54 PM

Clowney is funny. I think that's one of the most honest

Jan 3, 2013, 5:02 PM

interviews I've heard from a player. He didn't stick to the tired old lines you usually hear.

"No tellin', prolly go back to the hotel and have some fun."

"I don't care about NY, I just want the number one pick in the draft".

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: Clowney is funny. I think that's one of the most honest

Jan 3, 2013, 5:28 PM

I agree, Crunk. His candor is going to get him into trouble one of these days, though.

Crunk, what I thought was funny

Jan 3, 2013, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Clowney is funny. I think that's one of the most honest ]

was when UM's left tackle went down on the field it looked like Clowney was talking to him and wishing him well, but when asked after the game Clowney said he was telling the guy "don't go to the sideline, I don't want a second stringer out here".

Clowney is gonna make a fortune in the NFL and the media will love him.

Germans***

Jan 3, 2013, 5:23 PM

Actually in closely reviewing that play...

Jan 3, 2013, 5:38 PM

...Clowney did not push on the guy's face like he was claiming he did. He was just saying this for the theatrics of the interview.

I would also have to say that it was not a targeted helmet-2-helmet hit. The running back will naturally have his head down more than he would in a full sprint, so the helmet-2-helmet contact was pretty much unavoidable.

Bottom line though is that this guy is beast and a predator on the field.

In the USuCk game, first, I would have had TWO guys double teaming him the entire night. Then at the beginning of the game, I would have had two offensive linemen take him on high (not a chop block). Take a couple of holding calls back-2-back. Let both linemen grab him, pick him up like they were going to tackle him and both of them pancake him into the turf. Then I would do again, and then a 3rd time. A 4th time if necessary. Let him know while they have him pinned, that if he takes a single cheap shot on Boyd, he can expect to have the same treatment with THREE offensive linemen drilling him into the turf.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Actually in closely reviewing that play...

Jan 5, 2013, 10:34 PM

Mehh...Let him have his moment...These type of antics wont fly at the next level..No more getting cute and running free in the back field and #### sure no more lack of respect for an opponent...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: ITS FOOTBALL, DUDE!

Jan 3, 2013, 6:37 PM

When there's a fumble, you can trip, push, kick a player in order to get a fumble. This is football man. Nothing "thuggish" about it. It was totally legal, which is why it wasn't called. Ya'll had a chance to have him play in a Clemson uniform and lost out. We're reaping the benefits and ya'll foaming at the mouth jealous. I'm enjoying it, keep it up : )

Jan 3, 2013, 7:05 PM

Clowney is a good kid off the field. I give him credit. On the field he is a bad dude, he talks a lot of junk but can always back it up. He is honest, he told the reporters what he was thinking and I didn't take anything negative away from that interview.

I like how he seemed to be swatting @ yellow jackets.***

Jan 3, 2013, 7:54 PM

You can say what you want to about the kid, replace the word

Jan 5, 2013, 10:47 PM

you really want to say with "thug" and all the rest, but I would have been happy as heck to have that dude as a Tiger, and watching that video that didn't amount to anything thuggy at all allowed me to watch those Sophmore, Junior, and Senior highlight packages of him at South Pointe and that may be the most dominant defensive highlights I've ever seen at the high school level. Guy even has a 95 yard rushing touchdown in there.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic