Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's new business school location
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Clemson's new business school location

Feb 23, 2021, 4:21 PM

Drove through Clemson this week. The new business school looks sharp and different than the other buildings on campus. While I don't miss Clemson House that much, I do miss losing some of the greenspace opposite Bowman field.

Check out some of the other long-range plans created back in 2017. I haven't found more recent designs of the campus plans.

https://www.sasaki.com/projects/clemson-university-long-range-framework-plan/

http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/?q=business

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's new business school location

Feb 23, 2021, 4:30 PM

It's the Ron Cherry -" Givin' the business school" isnt it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's new business school location

Feb 23, 2021, 4:37 PM

Glad folks are looking at the long-range comp plans for the University...

Lee Hall representing!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, glad to see that long range plans are in the works.

Feb 24, 2021, 12:00 AM

We have a beautiful campus, but it can be improved.

Aesthetically, I hope updates to the exteriors several buildings will happen. Such as:

Martin Hall
Kinard Hall
Daniel Hall
Strode Tower
Jordan Hall
Edwards Hall
Shoeboxes
Bryan Mall (high rises and low rises)

All of those buildings are from a period when ugly architecture was en vogue. I wish Clemson had stuck with a more classic appearance then, rather than trying to be trendy. Some of those choices haven’t aged well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Thanks, glad to see that long range plans are in the works.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:05 AM

Yes/no. My "other" school is all Greek Revival and Jeffersonian Revival - Revival because it was all that Federal-1930s era stuff. Hardcore to that style. It is nice but if everything looked like that, I would be disappointed. I don't think it matches Clemson well.

I like the early italianate (which is actually a modern-ish architectural style) over the neo-classical. This Holtzendolf Godfrey over Sikes. Long Hall is kinda a mix. But then a lot of the more recent buildings have copied this to a point - Mickel Hall as the example or ACS.

I am fine with the likes of Martin, Kinard, Daniel, an Strode. it works with Cooper. My issue is that the exterior maintenance needs work and a refresh. It does not patina at all. And some of the vegitation is overgrown or needs a redo to make it work. Brackett is my eyesore as it just does not fit.

Jordan Flour Daniels and the recessed windows and the flat facade just has never worked. I think Poole, Newman, Barre and that area needs the most work.

My biggest objection is the Lee Hall addition. That is fugly to the max and why you should never let architects design anything. Best just demote them to port-o-john drainers. The original Lee Hall works ironically.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic