Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll

Aug 21, 2017, 12:03 PM

Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll

Aug 21, 2017, 12:12 PM

Alabama and OSU ALWAYS #1 and #2 is almost expected these days, but Tennessee at 25?! Come on now. Butch Jones has done exactly zero productive things in Knoxville, and now they've lost all their "good" players...from a team that still went 8-4 last year. Unbelievable

Aug 21, 2017, 12:15 PM

Yeah, the bottom end of that poll is pretty dicey. Texas has done zilch to get a top-25 ranking.

The bottoms of these polls are almost always dicey because

Aug 21, 2017, 2:33 PM

there aren't 25 really good teams in the country. Everyone always gets upset about teams ranked in the 15-25 range, but if you actually take the time to see who's unranked behind those teams, it's really nothing to write home about.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

I like the ranking and I'll tell you why. We are ranked low as reigning champs think winner of natty should be ranked top 3 but that I think helps the team and we get that disrespected no one thinking we will make it back prove them wrong attitude I love us playing with! Also if we continue our trend of finishing higher then our preseason ranking that means we make the top 4 and the playoffs again so I like where we are at. We are high enough to easily make the playoff but also kinda disrespected! Go Tigers!!

Aug 21, 2017, 8:24 PM

Maybe it just came out wrong being in the top 5 shows you are elite and I think we have the team to make it back. I just meant as reigning champs with the defense we have back I think we should be ranked higher. Bama last year was replacing hiesman rb and qb last year but was preseason 1 as reigning champs bc ppl know they reload. Ppl aren't putting us top 3 bc they just aren't sure about our offense. Just mean they still hesitate to rank us in playoff if started day 1 we are right outside that to the voters.

Aug 21, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

One thing that's quite interesting is comparing the Coaches' vs. AP. Journalists still offer no respect, with zero 1st place votes. Coaches respect our program with 7 first place votes ...

Is that really disrepect? I wouldn't rank us #1 right now

Aug 21, 2017, 2:34 PM

if i were doing projections.

Aug 21, 2017, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

Yes but two ACC teams in the top 5!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 12:24 PM

I will take that and it's show much respect for the CLEMSON program.
Believe it or not fellas the Tigers are an elite team and everybody knows it .

Aug 21, 2017, 12:28 PM

Just find it hilarious that we beat 3 of the top 5 teams last season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 21, 2017, 12:33 PM

it will all play out , we will be 1 or 2 after an undefeated sept.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

Why is that hilarious?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Clemson really beat 4 of the top 5 if you count

Aug 21, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

Clemson beating Clemson vs Pitt. Those turnovers though :/.

that was last season...different teams this year***

Aug 21, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked high in AP Preseason Poll ]

I think that everybody found out that we were an Elite team when we played in back to back NCGs and won it the second time. Only Elite teams are able to do that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What!!?? No Notre Dame that's a first!!
What is the love fest with Okla??

And Georgia at 15? Every year they're......

picked in the Top 25 only to fade away. Georgia hasn't been a force in college football for years now - are just a "name" like Notre Dame is.

ND with much better talent. I think they will be good

Aug 21, 2017, 12:34 PM

this year, but think that most years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Georgia at 15? Every year they're......

Aug 21, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to And Georgia at 15? Every year they're...... ]

As long at they beat SoCar and FL before they fade ...

Aug 21, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to And Georgia at 15? Every year they're...... ]

I saw UGA at 15 and was like du wut? Off the strength of what exactly?

Except for those 2 top 10 finishes is the last 5 years

Aug 21, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to And Georgia at 15? Every year they're...... ]

and 15 top 25 finishes in the last 20 years with 6 out of the 15 being top 10.

They were preseason top 25 18 out of the last 20 years. 5 times they went from ranked to unranked and 2 times they went from unranked to ranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except for those 2 top 10 finishes is the last 5 years

Aug 21, 2017, 3:52 PM

Sometimes facts are inconvenient, aren't they.

Granted, they have underachieved many years, and I think their alumni base will lament the Richt move to Miami soon. But I don't think they are not just a "name" anymore. Now Tennessee ... that's a different story ...

Aug 21, 2017, 3:54 PM [ in reply to And Georgia at 15? Every year they're...... ]

Yep, yesteryear teams are still being ranked as if they are the teams of today, and that is disrespectful of the actual deserving today teams!!!

Impressive

Aug 21, 2017, 12:36 PM

Ohio State has gotten at least 32 points better in the off-season. That's one heckuva off-season program they have up their in Ohio.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressive

Aug 21, 2017, 1:02 PM

I think you'll be surprised with how good they'll be this year. I think people are missing the point that all that was last year. Alabama has earned the right to stay at or near the top. Ohio state was dang good last year but young and had Oline issues. FSU has built quite a team over the last two years and will also be good. I'm fine with #5 pre season. Totally fair considering who we lost. Once some of our unknown talent wins a couple of big games, we'll move up.

25 weeks in the top 5 is #### impressive

Aug 21, 2017, 12:40 PM

I would LOVE to see an undefeated September. Can't imagine what would make me happier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Undefeated sept, oct, and dec?***

Aug 21, 2017, 12:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Undefeated sept, oct, and dec?***

Aug 21, 2017, 3:15 PM

I'd think we'd want Nov too...

Seriously both UT's being ranked when their programs have been...

Aug 21, 2017, 1:01 PM

consistently mediocre for a while

Aug 21, 2017, 1:07 PM

Ill take it! Sounds like we going back to da natty! Yeah! Or at least the CFP!

Alright! Playoffs again baby ... Top 4

Aug 21, 2017, 1:15 PM

Ohio State ... lol.

OSU played nobody last year and less this year

Aug 21, 2017, 1:17 PM
IMG_1813.PNG(104.6 K)
IMG_1814.PNG(79.0 K)
IMG_1815.PNG(88.4 K)

The teams OSU played were overrated last year and this year. They look great until they play someone, that schedule doesn't help at the end of the season. Lol

31-0 and they are rated higher hahahehe so crazy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

They beat OU and Wisconsin on the road, beat Michigan,

Aug 21, 2017, 1:23 PM

and probably should have won at Penn State. Most teams would be thrilled with that resume. We made them look bad because we were really good.

Re: OSU played nobody last year and less this year

Aug 21, 2017, 1:31 PM [ in reply to OSU played nobody last year and less this year ]

I mean honestly, how is our schedule better than theirs? They play Oklahoma who throttled auburn in the sugar bowl last year. They play Michigan who only lost to FSU by one point in the the orange bowl (acc stadium in their home state). They play penn State who would clearly demolish Louisville.....they open up with a conference game on the road instead of Kent state at home. Please let me know how you see their schedule being weak.

Re: OSU played nobody last year and less this year

Aug 21, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to OSU played nobody last year and less this year ]

Calling Humble Servant: I'm still waiting on you to explain how our schedule is better than Ohio State's this year.....

#Clemsonlng***

Aug 21, 2017, 3:27 PM

null

Message was edited by: THS Athlete 50®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Aug 21, 2017, 3:53 PM

This term should NEVER be used by anyone associated with the Tiger faithful. EVER!

To you I say: "Booooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Aug 21, 2017, 8:19 PM

You mean the Coots missed the list again?

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic