Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson in the natty 4 of 5 years not good for college FB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Clemson in the natty 4 of 5 years not good for college FB

Jan 1, 2020, 6:23 PM

Yeah, sure, we all love it but Clemson fatigue is settling in and I wonder how many will not watch the game because we're in it again. If they watch it it's because we are the new death star and they'll be pulling for the destruction of the empire. I mean, too bad and I hope we are in it for the next 100 years but if it was Bama, Georgia, ND, O4O State etc. We'd be sick of it. Having the same team or teams every year is not good for college football. At least we aren't Oklahoma who has wasted a slot 4 years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson in the natty 4 of 5 years not good for college FB

Jan 1, 2020, 6:27 PM

What's good for CLEMSON > what's good for college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 7:05 PM

Let em rest! The fatigue will continue for a long time to come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the sentiment, but OMFG is the situation we are in

Jan 1, 2020, 6:28 PM

Awesome or what?

Dude go take a lap.

Jan 1, 2020, 6:28 PM

Wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "nap"

Jan 1, 2020, 6:33 PM

;)

Jan 1, 2020, 6:31 PM

Better us than anyone else. ;)

See what you are saying but disagree

We have had a great run, but the fact that we came from being a middling program for 20 years to being a perennial power for a few just shows other programs that it can be done.

Now if we were in the playoffs 10 straight years, or even 8 out of 10, and had five or six titles, I might see the fatigue argument. This could happen, but is not really likely. Todd Ellis is an idiot, but there are cycles in football, and our moment in the sun won’t last forever. Neither will LSU’s.

We aren't fuzzy and cute anymore...

Jan 1, 2020, 6:36 PM

...it's like a puppy grew into Cujo

They hate what they fear.

They hate us because they ain’t us...I’m ok with that***

Jan 1, 2020, 6:48 PM

I don't know that your point is totally correct. The best teams
will be there at least 95% of the time. A deserving team may get
left out once in a while but this is the system and I believe
folks want to watch the best even if it is the same teams most
of the time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 6:35 PM

Here is the thing:

I don't care about college FB in general. I care about Clemson football.

Let the dominance continue!

Jan 1, 2020, 6:37 PM

Just remember what teams like Alabama, the real USC and FSPU have done over the past 30 years. Don't think any of their fans were concerned about the state of college football.

were not the death star yet. If we win, we replace bama as

Jan 1, 2020, 6:38 PM

the standard of Cfb. Im quite looking forward to it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

########.

Jan 1, 2020, 6:38 PM

Having the same team in the Super Bowl over and over hasn't hurt the NFL.

Nobody talked about "Bama fatigue" despite everyone being sick of them. They just pulled against them every chance and sometimes got to celebrate with the winner.

Suddenly because it's Clemson it's "bad for the sport." Cry me a ####### river.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ########.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:04 PM

New England has won a lot of SBs and it has been bad for the sport. What has kept it from being worse is that the playoffs have been a veritable rotation of teams getting in. Parity allows each teams fans to have a greater chance to believe that this year could be their year. This is the energy the the OP is seeking to find a way to inject into college football.

Jan 1, 2020, 6:42 PM

Oh so we should apologize or maybe give out participation trophies to other dominant programs so everyone will "feel good". I can name about 8 teams that will be in the natty for the next 10 yrs. Its a game and we have learned how to play it at top level. Fantastic. Come and get us.

My Friend, the King will always have his detractors,

Jan 1, 2020, 6:44 PM

even some grown weary of his reign.

What has been good for football has been Clemson's rise and reign, for we have proven to others that it can be done. The greatest result: we have also shown the bluebloods don't have to be on the throne year in and out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 7:00 PM

regardless of who we play, what time, what channel, our games have some of the best viewerships. Fans will either love you, or love to hate you. Either way, that's a lot of love. CF will survive our dominance.

Jan 1, 2020, 7:02 PM

Bert are you still dipping in the Christmas eggnog?

Jan 1, 2020, 7:06 PM

That's why we've heard a lot about how good LSU is. They don't want to talk about us as people are sicken tired of it, even though Dabo has made a dynasty here and a chance of winning 3 titles in 4 years should be a headline.

Jan 1, 2020, 7:40 PM

Dynasties are good for sports viewership.

People watch because they want to see the best win or lose.

If you got a game like Oregon vs Utah, viewership would be way done.

Look at the circle of suck in the ACC coastal. No on watched their games because no one cared
that "any team can beat any other team."

There's a reason that the MLB playoffs ratings spike when the Yankees are playing and drop when it's teams no one cares about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 8:07 PM

There is also a reason why pro football with its parity is the # 1 spectator sport in America.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson in the natty 4 of 5 years not good for college FB ]

Clemson has been good for CFB because of the fun personality... we have been the anti-Alabama. The rebels who blew up the Death Star. The goofy coach with the weird name dancing in the locker room. Smiling players that don’t look like they walked onto the field at gunpoint. The team with bright uni’s that most people north of Maryland think is in NC and is a private school. Chunky DL’s doing celebratory standing splits and a one of a kind stadium entrance.

But, everything has a shelf life, everybody has to have a hot take, now Dabo’s schtick is old and annoying, too “look at me,” that he brings God into everything, cult, newspring, weak conference, lucky bad calls, blah blah...

God willing we beat LSU and CFB fans can root for a plucky underdog to take down the new bad guys next year.

...but if you think we’re bad for the sport, without us, picture all the insufferable mouth-breathing SEC fans hollering about winning 10 out of the last 12 championships.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:00 PM

I would say having a very limited group in the top four every year is what is bad for college football.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:39 AM

Are you actually a Bama fan...Great for college football when a school does it right and wins...lets the others know that the standards can be met or exceeded and still win Nattys...back in the day the Stanford, Rice, Northwestern, Duke flukes were just that...yeah they have academics and the kids act right but they can't whip their mamas 5th boyfriend! Now comes little ole Clemson and Dabo with Brent & company and we win and win big...I went to Clemson when we did not have a winning season...Dooley beat us, Bryant beat us, Jordan beat us,even Tennessee beat us...I can't believe you are a Clemson fan...what's not good for College football is FSU and Winston...Miami & pay to play...North Carolina and phantom classes....fake grades, fake classes, fake degrees and turning a student athlete into a paid cheater! They never graduate because they never belonged in college to start with...Clemson & Co. have put the student back in student athlete and though it is not perfect it can be made that way...Dabo will do it! Don't ##### about winning Nancy!

This is what we learned about you...

Jan 2, 2020, 10:23 AM

1. Easily triggered
2. Doesn't have a 100% tigerpulse
3. Claims to have been a Clemson student decades ago but just joined Tnet less than 365 day ago.
4. Can't read and comprehend...seriously, you went to Clemson?

I said "I mean, too bad and I hope we are in it for the next 100 years"

Re: This is what we learned about you...

Jan 2, 2020, 10:30 AM

Looks like you have not learned crap...B.S. Microbiology 1972...DMG Army Rotc...dorm daddy in Johnstone Hall...that time on forum is after I got kicked off from responding to ***holes like you and I probably deserved it...talk about wasting a spot in the playoff...how about wasting a post as you seem to do so well...maybe we should only play our second team to make it fair?

My guess is you have another BS in something

Jan 2, 2020, 10:39 AM

5. Likes to spew but can't afford a Tnet subscription or doesn't feel his spewing is worth a donation to Tnet.

You are an inflammatory and easily triggered individual which is probably why you were kicked off. I'm guessing your removal was applauded by most on here.

READ THIS AN REPEAT: I said "I mean, too bad and I hope we are in it for the next 100 years"

Re: This is what we learned about you...

Jan 2, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to This is what we learned about you... ]

Gee I missed that one...no 100% tiger pulse...I thought yours said Tigerpuss!

It just reenforces the fact that...

Jan 2, 2020, 11:27 AM

...despite getting a Clemson degree, you can't read and comprehend. Explains a lot.

^^^actively roots for Clemson to lose

Jan 2, 2020, 9:46 AM

bc it’s “better for college football”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: ^^^actively roots for Clemson to lose

Jan 2, 2020, 9:49 AM

"Better for college football"

What in the Christ does that even mean?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It means a lot of people's Sarcasm Meters have the broken,

Jan 2, 2020, 11:26 AM

Hth

^^^ THIS

Jan 2, 2020, 11:31 AM

Had no idea how easy it is to trigger folks on here. They still must have a nervous twitch after the O4O State game.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

Clemson, in essence, rose from the ashes to the champion of college football. This should be good for collegiate football. It shows that any team has the potential to rise to the top. The question is, do they want to find the resources and desire to make that their objective?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It rips my heart out that ESPiN will lose audience.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:25 AM

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of SEC homersexuals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:38 AM

No, what’s not good for college football is paying players. That will lead to constant transfers, no school loyalty, in other words, just another professional league!

Jan 2, 2020, 11:39 AM

But on the other hand, having the same problem Bama had for a decade, ain't so bad... :)

It's good to be hated...

Jan 2, 2020, 11:49 AM

...it means you are winning all the time. ;)

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic