Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football Writer's Wife has Cancer; Needs Our Support
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Clemson Football Writer's Wife has Cancer; Needs Our Support

Aug 13, 2019, 4:46 PM

Zach Lentz is a Clemson beat writer (link to his twitter https://twitter.com/_zach_lentz?lang=en). He has early onset Parkinson's, but I'm posting because his wife is battling Stage 4 cancer and it is not going well. Drugs that are supposed to help are not affecting the cancer, and she needs a clinical trial in Texas but insurance will not pay for it. It costs $100,000.

I do not know Zach personally but I've read his work over the past few years, and it sure seems like he and his family (they have 3 daughters) could use some support.

Here is a link to a gofundme that Zach started a while back for his wife. Zach seems like too modest of a guy to widely share it. I hope you will consider sharing and donating.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/michelle039s-pet-scan

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Football Writer's Wife has Cancer; Needs Our Support

Aug 13, 2019, 4:50 PM

My goodness what a difficult road for one family to deal with all that. Thanks for referring it to the board

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 4:53 PM

Prayers for you and your family and for total healing in Jesus Name.

Aug 13, 2019, 5:12 PM

+1 and frankly that’s what it’ll take at this point. Rough spot to be in for them for sure, but , as a physician and believer I don’t doubt the power in what you prayed/said

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 5:15 PM

Thanks for posting this.

Donations and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, prayers for healing and comfort are on the way! It’s our rightful service to love & encourage one another and to help our brothers & sisters through difficulties in whatever way we are able.
Blessings to this family AND to all who support them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 6:00 PM

Thank you for posting this. I can vouch for her need, if anyone is questioning, as some do, with GoFundMe's these days. Michelle was one of my good friends when we were students, and both part of Campus Crusade for Christ. They definitely need prayers as well as financial assistance. She's an awesome and strong woman, and it kills me seeing her in this condition.

Aug 13, 2019, 8:14 PM

Prayers of strength and healing

Aug 13, 2019, 10:24 PM

With all love and prayers, God bless you, Zach and your wife, Michelle. I have a good friend who is suffering late stage Parkinson's (ironically, my ex-wife's husband, the mother of my children....) I've had a number of family members die of cancer over the years, and my 31 yr. old son has the "genetic tendency" for Parkinson's. I'm an old man with type one diabetes.... we'll never really understand it all on this side of the fall, but just remember the fact that all Faith, Strength and Hope comes from God our Father, through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Thanks for sharing your concern and reminding me what faith is - again, God Bless you both, and may His light shine upon you.... (a few funds provided, thanks again!)

Aug 13, 2019, 11:31 PM

That family is dealing with a lot of pain and stress. Shared

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 14, 2019, 1:00 AM

Prayers for her and him and all affected by this.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic