Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest Prediction

Nov 20, 2015, 4:02 PM

Clemson vs. Wake Forest Prediction

Saturday is one last chance to see the nation’s top-ranked team at home. It’s the chance to send the senior out in style, and it’s a chance to honor Clemson’s military heritage. It’s the last home game of the season, and the fans who will be in attendance will be treated to true football weather, with a high near 60 on a sun-splashed November afternoon. Miss out, and it’s another 293 days until Clemson takes the field at home again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest Prediction

Nov 20, 2015, 4:13 PM

Mackey is as good at predicting Clemson games as he is at writing blogs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

when we win, we will be 63-17 against the Deacs

Nov 20, 2015, 4:23 PM

Nice record #......... What you think?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: when we win, we will be 63-17 against the Deacs

Nov 20, 2015, 4:28 PM

Sounds familiar, wasn't that the score of Clemson kicking the Coots ### a while back. Memory has gone bad, can't imagine letting them score 17 back then. Clemson 49 Wake 17. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pigskin Prophet

Nov 20, 2015, 4:38 PM

Prophet needs to be docked 2 points for not posting an article this week!
I mean come one, UTSA Roadrunners are playing the Rice Owls...I need to know his prediction!

Re: Pigskin Prophet new job???

Nov 20, 2015, 8:08 PM

Maybe he got a another job, this time working for Nick Saban trying to convince the reporters to not take the week off. Because Alabama is playing the mighty Charleston Southern football team this week.

I'm gonna channel Big Jake McCandles for my quote:

Nov 20, 2015, 4:38 PM

"And now *you* understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - Clemson's going to win. No matter what else happens, no matter how many points Wake may or may not score, Clemson's going to take this victory."

Re: I'm gonna channel Big Jake McCandles for my quote:

Nov 20, 2015, 6:46 PM

Nice. Just watched that. One of my John Wayne favs

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Wake Forest Prediction

Nov 20, 2015, 4:49 PM

What! Where's the 83 - 21 prediction?

Clemson actually had 3 MOH recipients in the First World War

Nov 20, 2015, 6:59 PM

Name: Daniel Augustus Joseph Sullivan, ENS, U.S. Navy
Ship: USS Cristabel
The President of the United States of America, in the name of Congress, takes pleasure in
presenting the Medal of Honor to Ensign Daniel Augustus Joseph Sullivan, United States
Navy (Reserve Force), for extraordinary heroism as an officer of the U.S.S. Cristabel in
conflict with an enemy submarine on 21 May 1918. As a result of the explosion of a
depth bomb dropped near the submarine, the Cristabel was so badly shaken that a number
of depth charges which had been set for firing were thrown about the deck and there was
imminent danger that they would explode. Ensign Sullivan immediately fell on the depth
charges and succeeded in securing them, thus saving the ship from disaster, which would
inevitably have caused great loss of life.

Name: Gary Evans Foster, SGT, U.S. Army
Unit: Company F, 118th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division, American Expeditionary
Forces
The President of the United States of America, in the name of Congress, takes pleasure in
presenting the Medal of Honor to Sergeant Gary Evans Foster (ASN: 1311059), United
States Army, for extraordinary heroism on 8 October 1918, while serving with Company
F, 118th Infantry, 30th Division, in action at Montbrehain, France. When his company
was held up by violent machinegun fire from a sunken road, Sergeant Foster with an
officer went forward to attack the hostile machinegun nests. The officer was wounded,
but Sergeant Foster continued on alone in the face of the heavy fire and by effective use
of hand grenades and his pistol killed several of the enemy and captured eighteen.

Name: James Davison Heriot, CPL, U.S. Army
Unit: 118th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division, American Expeditionary Forces
The President of the United States of America, in the name of Congress, takes pride in
presenting the Medal of Honor (Posthumously) to Corporal James Davidson Heriot
(ASN: 1311750), United States Army, for extraordinary heroism on 12 October 1918,
while serving with Company I, 118th Infantry, 30th Division, in action at Vaux-Andigny,
France. Corporal Heriot, with four other soldiers, organized a combat group and attacked
an enemy machine-gun nest which had been inflicting heavy casualties on his company.
In the advance two of his men were killed, and because of the heavy fire from all sides
the remaining two sought shelter. Unmindful of the hazard attached to his mission,
Corporal Heriot, with fixed bayonet, alone charged the machinegun, making his way
through the fire for a distance of 30 yards and forcing the enemy to surrender. During this
exploit he received several wounds in the arm, and later in the same day, while charging
another nest, he was killed.

I had never heard about Heriot until this week when I saw his name in an alumni association e-mail. For more on Clemson men in WWI see here: Brock M. Lusk, "Tigers in the Trenches: A Study of Clemson in the Great War," 2015.
http://tigerprints.clemson.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3114&context=all_theses

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Thanks for sharing!

Nov 20, 2015, 8:50 PM

+1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

82 24***

Nov 20, 2015, 7:35 PM

I hope we don't kill the QBs

Nov 20, 2015, 9:14 PM

"The Deacs are 122nd nationally (out of 126 teams) in sacks allowed, giving up a whopping 34 over 10 games"

Oh god, please don't kill anyone, Shaq. This could get hard to watch. I may be in the minority, but I really found that Miami game to be hard to watch when we started pummeling Kayaa. Glad to see us playing so well, but the guy was lucky to get away with just a concussion.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic