Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clearest T.V. picture out there?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Clearest T.V. picture out there?

Sep 9, 2020, 9:36 PM

What's the best right now. Converting my current living room t.v. to my back porch t.v.

Wanting a 60 inch, preferably Samsung or Sony as they seem to have the best sound. Anyone bought one recently that makes you question whether your actually sitting in the stands or not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clearest T.V. picture out there?

Sep 9, 2020, 9:39 PM

All the 4k sets are better than my eyes. I have always been LG loyal, but my new TV is a Vizio.

Sep 10, 2020, 7:31 AM

exactly who broadcasts in 4K?
I don't think Comcast does. Maybe I'm missing something.

Netflix. But even if it doesnt, the tv upscales***

Sep 10, 2020, 8:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 9:44 PM

All 4K sets are awesome, Samsung is the best in my humble opinion.... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Don’t let sound quality on a tv impact your decision

Sep 9, 2020, 9:45 PM

when you’re asking for a tv with the best picture quality. The sound quality on all newer televisions are garbage simply because there’s no room for good speakers. Any cheap soundbar can fix any audio issues you may have with a television if that model has the perfect video quality for you.

TCL QLED 6 series, in my opinion, is the clearest tv out there right now. LG OLED is a close 2nd.

If you want to stick with Samsung, the Q90 is about as good as it gets, but you will want to connect a soundbar to it because out of the box it doesn’t support Dolby

Don’t overlook the Vizio quantum line either. I know Vizio gets a bad rep as the mass produced mid range tv, but the quantum sets are excellent for the price you pay.

Message was edited by: owensb01®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t let sound quality on a tv impact your decision

Sep 9, 2020, 9:50 PM

Agree, pick the best picture and get a sound bar.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 9:50 PM

Bought a 65 Sony a year ago great picture. Sorry software for streaming Amazon and others though. So I wouldnt buy it again. And I'v been loyal to Sony for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 9:53 PM

I have Rokus on every tv because ALL tv software is lacking. Even if it’s great to start with, they only support it for 3 years. Roku is always up to date. You can get one now the size of a usb stick.

Sep 9, 2020, 10:05 PM

Thanks great suggestion. The fact that it is an already out of date piece of junk greatly annoys me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck. The manufacturers would love to make

Sep 10, 2020, 4:09 AM

TVs the new computer. I’d second the calls for Samsung or maybe LG. Personally, for sound I don’t like the sound bars. I’m still old school with an Onkyo receiver and two Polk towers and powered subwoofer. Your feed has a lot to do with your picture also.

TV Updates As Bad As Car Manf GPS Updates***

Sep 10, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Clearest T.V. picture out there? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 9:56 PM

I'm glad I know nothing of any of this LOL

Sep 9, 2020, 10:06 PM

At one time Sony or Samsung were the best picture. I went with the Samsung. I had to repair the power supply 4 times before I put it out to pasture. I went with Vizio and have been very pleased. today's TVs are nothing more than a monitor with a TV card on the inside. Easy to work on but part prices make them throw away TVs unless you can repair the part yourself. I kept having to change the bridge rectifier Cap because they started to leak. I finally with with a better cap than the one that came on the power supply and that was the trick.

Sep 9, 2020, 10:28 PM

^^^ good point. Most people throw away TVs that just need a cap on the power supply.

Sep 10, 2020, 8:56 AM

Good point just stay on topic.

Sep 9, 2020, 10:31 PM

I have a 65 QLED Samsung and it’s CRYSTAL clear. But the sound does suck. Get a sound bar. But that doesn’t give you stadium sound.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 10:43 PM

I have the same as SEDUC so I agree. Very clear picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 10:56 PM

Get a 65 “ tv . Buy whatever is on sale at Best Buy . The picture will be more influenced by the signal quality coming in .
If you can swing it , buy a Sonos sound bar with a Sonos subwoofer and a couple of small rear speakers and you will be very happy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 1:56 AM

You should definitely look at the LG C9 or the Sony A series tv. I have the C9 but bothe the LG and Sony Oled TVs look fantastic.

Sep 10, 2020, 2:49 AM

I just put a 65’ Sony Master OLED in my kids gaming room last weekend. The picture really is excellent and it gets high marks for video games.

If sound is very important for you, then you’ll need to supplement with a sound bar and sub, because the TV speakers these days don’t cut it.

Sep 10, 2020, 5:18 AM

QLED with a motion rate of 240. Best for sports

Sep 10, 2020, 6:38 AM

TCL series 8 just as good or better than all sets mentioned...for about half the price..I have A Samsung QLED and an LG C9 and the TCL is right there for much less $$...Best Buy

Sep 10, 2020, 7:26 AM

If y’all want the best picture, like you’re sitting in the stands and sound like you’re in the middle of the crowd, you need to get tickets and go to the games. You’d be surprised at how real it all seems.

Sep 10, 2020, 7:56 AM

Best response I have read in years!! LMAO !!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t know about best picture but point made about

Sep 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

The experience. I’ve never seen real life in even old hd quality

Sep 10, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Clearest T.V. picture out there? ]

That worked before the no fans/25% fans allowed new rules.

BTW the best picture quality is still from an antenna. Cable and satellite TV throttles the signal down.

Sep 10, 2020, 8:08 AM

OLED hands down.

Presently in the US, I think only LG and Sony make them and only in larger sizes. They ain't cheap. Because of the science, the lifespan and reliability is very very good. Compare them with other TVs in person and you will see that nothing has a picture that is as crisp, bright, and has the depth going to total black... even when using the high def in store signal to everything you are comparing.

Sep 10, 2020, 8:22 AM

Also once a person buys one, search the web for forums on new settings for that model TV. In a box store all TV's are set to certain settings specifically for that store. Those and factory default setting may be OK for one's home but you can do better. The forums save time by helping narrow down the hit or miss aspect of fine tuning.

I agree

Sep 10, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Clearest T.V. picture out there? ]

Lg CX oled is the best TV on the market.

Sep 10, 2020, 8:58 AM

User Logo
outlaw1081
CU Guru [1846]
TigerPulse: 78%
Clear­est T.V. picture out there? [1]
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 9:36 PM

What's the best right now. Converting my current living room t.v. to my back porch t.v.

Wanting a 60 inch, preferably Samsung or Sony as they seem to have the best sound. Anyone bought one recently that makes you question whether your actually sitting in the stands or not?

HAPPENED INTO WALMART A FEW YEARS BACK AND THEY HAD A 60" SONY ON A BIG SALE. ONLY HAD ONE LEFT. I WAS NOT EVEN LOOKING FOR A TV BUT THIS WAS A HELLUVA DEAL. HAD TO FIGHT A LADY OVER IT BUT TOOK IT HOME. HAVE LOVED IT EVER SINCE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 9:14 AM

Clearest/best picture for WHAT? Gaming, movies, sports, watching old TV shows, sitting at an angle or right in front of the TV? There is a different answer for each of these.

Best for sports is one that does best with motion. Watching old TV shows requires best upscaling. You can investigate some more here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/4kTV/

Here's what I ended up with, since I was looking for great for sports/motion, great for upscaling old shows, and great for movies. Get the best screen, get a good soundbar with a subwoofer for great sound, and get a media box to best handle all the apps, if you don't have cable and use mostly streaming.

TV - Sony 950G or H series (Sony's verson of QLED)
Sound bar - anything will be better than the TV's sound; the best is Sennheiser Ambeo
Media box - if you do only streaming, best to get one of these to handle the apps - Nvidia Shield Pro or Apple TV - both are good, but I got the Nvidia Shield because it's better

Sep 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

Allow me to recommend the following in no particular order: Philco, Crosley, Dumont, Westinghouse and Bendix.

OLED TVs have consistently been rated the best.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:21 AM

You should get an LG or Sony 65”. Price ain’t cheap, but you’re buying the best the market can offer.

You should continue seeing OLED TV pricing drop over the years as more supply comes to the fabrication plants. We’re waiting until Super Bowl time next year to buy our next TV (will be OLED).

Re: OLED TVs have consistently been rated the best.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:02 AM

Yes, we wound up getting an LG 65" OLED last year and they really do have outstanding picture quality.

Sound is running through an Onkyo receiver and tower Sony speakers...old school style!

Oled is the best picture quality. You won't

Sep 10, 2020, 3:24 PM

Find a 3rd party site who disagrees. LG knows it and charges for it.

Don't over size your tv. If you have a 8x10 room you don't need a 75 inch tv.

It will just make your eyes look like Schwarzeneggers when he got tossed out into Mars in total recall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic