Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Five dark horses for Heisman: Clemson QB Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Five dark horses for Heisman: Clemson QB Tajh Boyd

May 28, 2012, 11:45 AM

Five dark horses for Heisman: Clemson QB Tajh Boyd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not worried about Tajh right now

May 28, 2012, 4:49 PM

he's shown his work ethic and his willingness to go the extra mile for the team. he just needs to be paitent and make the right reads, which speaks to the OL. When they started self destructing, Tajh was more worried about getting planted in teh ground then looking at the field.

hard to believe

May 29, 2012, 12:32 PM

Of all of the incredible players we have had to date we haven't had a Heisman winner. I find it difficult to believe that we have that much potential to win one now. I know we have absolute beasts out there like Sammy, Nuk, and Tajh... but we also had other incredible players before (i.e. CJ) but we do well just to get invited to the ceremony. I hope that I am wrong and we have the Heisman winner the next 10 years running... but I'm not holding my breath.

I do absolutely hate that USuCk has a Heisman and Clemson doesn't! oh well... who's ready for some Tiger football!!!?

Heisman is a popularity contest

May 29, 2012, 1:02 PM

CJ should have been invited at the least and should have been in the top 3 at most. Tebow was coming off statistically his worst year and was invited just becuase of his name and school. Clemson doesn't have the pull to put one of our own in that ceremony unless we go undefeated and force their hand.

Re: Heisman is a popularity contest

May 29, 2012, 1:29 PM

CJ was a RB who wasn't a great college RB. On top of that he played in the ACC. It's ridiculous to say its a popularity contest when those winning it very much deserve the invite. If you disagree please tell us which ones didn't deserve the invite.

"CJ Spiller wasn't a great college RB". You just lost me

May 29, 2012, 1:45 PM

You need a list of all of the records, both ACC and Nationally, that he broke in his career at Clemson?

Re: "CJ Spiller wasn't a great college RB". You just lost me

May 29, 2012, 2:22 PM

Not at RB. But since you think he set so many you list them.

Re: "CJ Spiller wasn't a great college RB". You just lost me

May 29, 2012, 2:28 PM

http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/spiller_c.j.02.html

Ooh

May 29, 2012, 2:37 PM

The ACC's career leader in all-purpose running with 7588, he finished second in NCAA Division I history
Broke ACC record for all-purpose running yards per game with 191, the record had stood since 1968
went over 7000 career yards when he went 88 yards for a touchdown with the opening kickoff at South Carolina...that play was his seventh career kickoff return for a score, an all-time NCAA record...
Finished with eight kick returns for touchdowns in has career, tied for the NCAA record
Joins Reggie Bush as only players in college football history with 3000 yards rushing, 1500 yards in kickoff returns, 1000 in receiving and 500 in punt returns

I just glanced and found what looked like some good ones among that giant list.

I also didn't know he did it in 3.5 years while sharing touches with James Davis.

In short, licat now looks like an idiot.

Clemson

Re: Ooh

May 29, 2012, 2:42 PM

Yes, what he said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone that says that Cj wasn't a great RB is an idiot***

May 29, 2012, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Ooh ]

I only hope we can get more like him...........

May 29, 2012, 2:48 PM

and whats not been mentioned in this discussion is what an outstanding Clemson man he's been while in school and since and, most importantly, what an outstanding human being.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Compare that to the Honeybagger

May 29, 2012, 2:51 PM

guy was suspended for smoking weed DURING the year, and missed 2 games and was still invited to the Heisman ceremony. THus I say it is a popularity contest and doesn't take into account the play on the field.

How could they keep CJ out of the 09 Hiesman ceremony? He broke more records that year then any of the other players that went. Not syaing he deserved to win but he definitly should have been invited in the top 5.

Another reason to leave the ACC

May 29, 2012, 2:55 PM

Conference was Spiller's biggest obstacle to winning the Heisman. Doesn't matter what kind of numbers you put up in disrespected leagues, you will get beat by someone in the big 4 conferences. For the most recent example, see last year's Houston QB Keenum.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic