Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chase Young
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Chase Young

Dec 24, 2019, 2:49 PM

I’ve been a huge fan of his all year, he’s been an absolute nightmare for opponents but man oh man does it seem like he’s had a lot of dirt to throw at us. First from calling us a tune up game to making up that Carman was tweeting about him (Carman doesn’t have any tweets about Young), the guy is a nightmare matchup and a freak would be an understatement but I hope Carman shuts him down, I trust our OL but I see ETN getting extended playtime because Lyn J has been giving more “watch out” blocks than real ones this year it feels like.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Young

Dec 24, 2019, 2:53 PM

Has he talked like this all season?

If not, you wonder if this isn't a "rope-a-dope" strategy. Get us all over hyped up for him and he is a decoy all night. I.e. the blitz is coming from another side. Or something of that nature.
I haven't heard about him running his soup coolers that much up until leading up to this game.

He's a dominant player for sure. The OL will their collective work cut out for them; but no question in my mind we can beat Ohio State no matter what C. Young thinks!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 3:02 PM

He didn't call us a tune up game. That was reported by a website that is known for fake stories. Don't believe everything you read, especially in the era of click bait and fake news.

Dec 24, 2019, 4:22 PM

FYI - back in 2002, Ohio State upset invincible Miami back, ending their 34-game winning streak. Future New Orleans Saints DE Will Smith sacked Ken Dorsey on the first Miami play from scrimmage, sent a message and showed Miami that their OL could be beat. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-X-kaC8NzI

For Ohio State to beat Clemson and end their impressive winning streak, they'll have to apply similar pressure on Trevor Lawrence and set the tone early. The key to accomplishing that will be Chase Young. If he can occupy multiple blockers so that the others can get to Lawrence or force him into hurried throws, we have a chance. If not, he'll pick our secondary apart and it will be a long night for us Buckeye fans.

Watch that match-up and...

Merry Christmas to all!

Dec 24, 2019, 4:54 PM

I can’t wait for the matchup! Glad someone can talk from a different perspective without bashing the other team, he’s the difference maker and I hope we can hold him back

Dec 24, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Chase Young ]

A jet sweep, option pitch or swing pass to ETN will make them think about committing everything to a blitz.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classy OSU fan. Well said and Merry Christmas.***

Dec 24, 2019, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Chase Young ]

THe PI call in OT of that game is the only time I have ever

Dec 24, 2019, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Chase Young ]

felt bad for Miami.

I almost felt bad for them in '15, 58-0, but they talked trash before and during the game so a RUTS was warranted.

But that PI call in the end zone was bogus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, no offense, but that interference call at the end of

Dec 24, 2019, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Chase Young ]

that game that allowed Ohio St. to score might be the worst pass interference call I've ever seen, and I turn 61 years old the night of the CFP Final on January 13th.

Not to mention, the nearest ref didn't call it, and the one that did waited a good 5 seconds to get the flag out of his pocket.

On to our game Saturday, I think we run the ball well against Ohio State. I think we will run right at Chase Young. We have very good balance, and our starters on offense have a lot of CFP experience. Four senior OL starters with 2 CFP titles, and having already played in the CFP three years in a row.

We have only lost 4 games since 2014. We lost to Syracuse by 3 points with Kelly Bryant out the second half of that game on the road in 2017. We also lost to Bama in the CFP in 2017. The other two losses were to Bama in the CFP title game in 2015, and the 2016 game against Pitt, losing 43-42. Watson threw for 580 yards in that game, but he also threw 3 ints.

So, we are currently 68-4 over our last 5 seasons. With two losses to Bama, and two losses in ACC play. We have an unbelievable
coaching staff, and our players believe our coaches put them in the best position to win. That is why we are so consistently good each season, no matter how many new starters we may have beginning a new year. A lot of that is because we average playing over 75 players a game, even in games that are close.

If we lose to Ohio State on Saturday, I will be the first to congratulate you and your team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who Cares?

Dec 24, 2019, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Chase Young ]

FYI - back in 2002, Ohio State upset invincible Miami back, ending their 34-game winning streak. Future New Orleans Saints DE Will Smith sacked Ken Dorsey on the first Miami play from scrimmage, sent a message and showed Miami that their OL could be beat. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-X-kaC8NzI

For Ohio State to beat Clemson and end their impressive winning streak, they'll have to apply similar pressure on Trevor Lawrence and set the tone early. The key to accomplishing that will be Chase Young. If he can occupy multiple blockers so that the others can get to Lawrence or force him into hurried throws, we have a chance. If not, he'll pick our secondary apart and it will be a long night for us Buckeye fans.

Watch that match-up and...

Merry Christmas to all!

Great historical, but unrelated factoid. Maybe at ohiostate, you all sit around the camp fire and share legends of your past glories, but at Clemson we focus on the present.

Oh yeah, and how about good old senile Woody? Do you all reminisce about him punching a Clemson player to end his career?

I don’t know what the score will be at the end of the game Saturday, but Clemson 100 - 0 won’t be good enough for your kind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic